⭐ Tennessee Online Gambling
Tennessee sports betting went live on Nov 1 2020, after the legalization of gambling in Tennessee. In addition to Tennessee online sports betting, daily fantasy sports, betting on horse races, and lottery games are allowed in Tennessee. However, there are no land based casinos in the state, and there is no plan to legalize online casinos any time soon.
⭐ Sports Betting Tennessee
Sports betting in Tennessee launched on Nov 1, 2020. Although sports betting law was legalized back in May 2019, the lack of land based casinos or retail sportsbooks in the state meant that Tennessee sports betting needed gambling options online before any resident of the Volunteer State could gamble. Tax revenue from the sports betting revenue will be used on education, local programs and gambling problems.
Sports Betting Sites in Tennessee
Tennessee’s sports betting market is growing rapidly. Although the state debuted with four sports betting licenses, several other betting sites have already emerged in the state. Online sportsbooks in Tennessee give players up to $5,000 in sports wagering bonus money. All operators also give out competitive ongoing promotions. Check operator bonus info for wagering requirements and other terms & conditions.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: The industry giant entered TN market as soon as they could. DK SB offers a $1,000 deposit bonus, and probably the best betting experience. No DraftKings promo code Tennessee required!
- BetMGM Sportsbook Tennessee: Another huge sportsbook with a stellar loyalty program offers a $1,000 bet risk free for TN online sports betting.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: Bet on sports with a $1,000 welcome bonus in Tennessee online sports betting; FanDuel Tennessee promo code is not needed.
- Action 24/7: Action 24/7 is a small operator, located in Tennessee, with a decent $400 deposit bonus.
- WynnBET Sportsbook: Las Vegas based Wynn Resorts claimed their sports betting license 5th in TN and tempts new users with a sports bet worth up to $1,000 risk free.
- TwinSpires Online Sportsbook: Churchill Downs operated sportsbook offers a $1,000 bet risk free.
- Caesars Sportsbook: Caesars Entertainment rebranded William Hill as Caesars in August 2021, with a huge $5,000 risk free offer for betting in Tennessee.
Sometimes TN sportsbooks required you to insert a promo code when you claim your sports betting bonuses. For example, to get the BetMGM riskfree bet, use bonus code BonusMGM. For Action 247 deposit bonus, use promo code GET400 before you bet on sports.
Sports Betting Rules and Regulations
Tennessee became the first state that legalized sports betting online without any land based casinos. Tennessee bettors can place bets anywhere on the state with very few limitations from the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation. The only prohibited bets are in-game bets on college sports.
In order to sign up at one of the books, TN regulations demand that a sports bettor provide some personal information for identity verification during the registration process, such as phone number, email address, and social security number. Geolocation technology ensures that all users are within Tennessee state lines.
⭐ Online Gambling in Tennessee
Tennessee has legal sports betting and several other forms of gambling like daily fantasy sports and horse betting. However, online casinos remain illegal, and it will take a long time before casino sites are legalized in Tennessee. Tennessee gambling is regulated by Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation, for now together with the Sports Wagering Advisory Council, which is supposed to take over from the Lottery this year.
Legal Sports Betting
Rep. Rick Staples introduced the HB 0001 to the state legislature in 2018, and the Tennessee sports betting bill became a law in May 2019 when Gov. Bill Lee let it pass into a law without his signature. This sports betting law made Tennessee the first state in the United States to legalize sports betting without any casinos or retail betting locations. However, Tennesseans had to wait until November 2020 before online sportsbooks actually opened. With a fairly high gaming revenue tax and licensing fee, TN hasn’t seen a similar sportsbook apps explosion like Colorado.
TN Sports Teams
Sports bettors in Tennessee have the luxury of betting on their home state teams for several sports. In addition to college sports, Nashville and Memphis are homes to several professional sports teams in the major U.S. sports leagues. Sports betting operators offer plenty of wagers for the fan base to boost interest, both in betting and the teams.
- Nashville Predators: The Western Conference playoff mainstays are looking to win their first Stanley Cup in the 2021-22 season.
- Tennessee Titans: Not the biggest Super Bowl favorites, but the Nissan Stadium residents are loved beyond the state lines.
- Nashville SC: Newest major league team with home games in Nashville has high hopes for the future.
- Memphis Grizzlies: Celebrity owner Justin Timberlake is hoping to breathe some life in to this franchise.
- March Madness: Colleges, including Vandy, battle it out in hopes of winning the basketball tournament.
Online casinos are not legal in Tennessee. The Volunteer state has a strict attitude towards casino gambling, and Gov. Bill Lee has called this type of gambling “destructive”. Therefore, Tennessee residents should not hold their breath waiting for a new gambling expansion. Governor Lee actually praised the bill makers from excluding casino gambling from the legislature when the sports betting bill was introduced. Sweepstakes sites with some slot titles are allowed, but they don’t offer games like video poker.
Daily Fantasy Sports
Fantasy sports operators are allowed to operate freely under Tennessee gambling laws, as former Gov. Bill Haslam legalized DFS back in 2016. Therefore, Tennesseans can enjoy DFS operators like FanDuel and DraftKings.
Horse Betting Tennessee
The state level ban on land based gambling legalization also affects pari-mutuel betting in Tennessee, so no off-track betting either. Actually, horse racing is completely prohibited in Tennessee. However, with the legalization of sports betting in Tennessee, you can now bet on horses online.
The Tennessee State Lottery was legalized in 2002 with more than 60% of Tennessee residents voting in favor. Although online gambling is not available through the state lottery, you can follow the lottery online and buy lottery tickets to participate.
⭐ New Sportsbooks
As the only state in the United States allowing online-only sports betting without any casinos, Tennessee is ripe for new sportsbook operators. Already, three more operators have been joined the original four. Residents might also access some new sportsbooks in Tennessee later in 2021, as new sports betting applications are approved.
- Caesars Sportsbook
- Barstool (Coming Soon)
- Wagr (Coming Soon)
- Is it legal to gamble online in Tennessee?
- Can I play FanDuel in Tennessee?
- Is DraftKings Casino legal in Tennessee?
- Can I play casino games in Tennessee?
- Can I bet on college teams in Tennessee?
- Can I play table games for real money in TN?
- What banking options are available for TN legal gambling?