⭐ NJ Online Gambling Sites
New Jersey is the largest online gambling state in USA with more than 15 online sportsbooks and over 20 online casinos available for internet gaming, with consistently high gaming revenues. New Jersey online casino industry already launched back in 2013. In the past decade, online gambling in NJ has become established. However, new NJ online casinos are being still being launched. The NJ online gambling industry is composed of three types of online gambling sites.
- Atlantic City Casinos with online casino, like Golden Nugget.
- Big US online casinos with operations in NJ, like DraftKings and FanDuel NJ Casino online (operating as Stardust Casino)
- Global betting and casino gambling websites operating online in New Jersey, like Unibet NJ or Bet365
NJ Online Casino Reviews
There are 25 legal online casinos in New Jersey, and the amount is steadily increasing. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement oversees regulated online casinos in NJ, and makes sure that their bonuses and casino games are fair to a player. They also provide resources for people with a gambling problem. For individual online casino reviews in NJ, head to our NJ online casino page.
|NJ Online Casino||Casino Bonus||No Deposit Bonus|
|Golden Nugget||$1,000||200 free spins|
|BetMGM Casino||$1,000||$25 free on sign up|
|DraftKings Casino||100% up to $2,000 deposit bonus||$50 free on sign up|
|Borgata Online Casino||$1,000||$20|
|Hard Rock Casino||$1,000||50 free spins|
|Mohegan Sun Casino||$1,000||N/A|
|Party Casino||$1,000||25 free spins|
|WynnBet Casino||250 free spins with $250 wager||N/A|
|Ocean Casino||$500||$25 + 50 free spins|
|Stardust Casino||24 hours risk free play up to $1,000||N/A|
NJ Sports Betting Sites
New Jersey sports betting was crucial in taking down PASPA and breaking Nevada’s sports gambling monopoly. In 2021 there are almost 20 NJ sports betting sites live in the state, making the state of New Jersey the one of the biggest platforms for sportsbooks in the US. The best NJ online sports betting apps offer up to $2,000 in bonuses.
|NJ Online Sportsbook||Bonus Offer||iOS App||Android App|
|PointsBet||2 free bets up to $2,000||Yes||Yes|
|BetMGM Sportsbook NJ||Up to $1,000 risk free bet||Yes||Yes|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||100% up to $1,000 bonus||Yes||Yes|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Up to $1,000 risk free bet||Yes||Yes|
|SugarHouse Sportsbook||First deposit 100% match up to $250||Yes||Yes|
|Unibet Sportsbook NJ||$500 risk free||Yes||Yes|
|Bet365||Up to $500 in Bonus Credits||Yes||Yes|
|Fox Bet NJ||Up to $1,000 in bonuses||Yes||Yes|
|WynnBet Sportsbook||Match up to $1,000 risk-free bet||Yes||Yes|
|888Sport||Up to $500 in free bets||Yes||Yes|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$10 No Deposit + Up To $300 On Deposit||Yes||Yes|
|Resorts Sportsbook||Risk Free Bet Up To $250||Yes||Yes|
|Golden Nugget Sportsbook||Risk Free Bet Up To $100||Yes||Yes|
|Hard Rock Sportsbook||$100 risk-free bet||Yes||Yes|
|BetAmerica||$50 risk-free bet||Yes||Yes|
|Tipico Sportsbook||$750 bonus||Yes||Yes|
|Barstool Sportsbook||$1,000 bonus||Yes||No|
⭐ Online Gambling History in New Jersey
The story of New Jersey’s online gambling began back in 1976, when New Jersey casinos were legalized in Atlantic City. In 2021 most Atlantic City casinos also operate casinos online and betting sites, but the change to online gambling sites has not been seamless. In the past decade, the State of New Jersey has set an example for legalizing online gaming across the nation.
- 1969: New Jersey Lottery is founded. You can participate in draws or buy scratch-offs at the lottery.
- 1976: Land-based casinos are legalized in Atlantic City, to the delight of the East Coast. These days you can find numerous land-based casinos in Atlantic City, such as Golden Nugget, Borgata Hotel & Casino, Tropicana Casino, and Resorts Casino & Hotel.
- 2011: The first New Jersey Online Casino bill passes, but does not yet become a law due to Gov. Chris Christie exercising his veto right.
- January 2012: Gov. Chris Christie signs a legislation allowing betting in New Jersey, but sports leagues NCAA, NHL, NBA, MLB, and NFL file a federal lawsuit against the state for violating PASPA (Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992).
- February 2013: The United States District Court rules in favor of major league sports and prohibits New Jersey from issuing sports betting licenses for NJ gambling sites.
- February 26th 2013: Governor Chris Christie sings the revised online gambling law, making NJ online casinos legal. Only land-based casinos in Atlantic City can advertise and use their facilities for online gambling. This means that all NJ online casino sites must have a retail casino partner in Atlantic City.
- 2014: New Jersey challenges PASPA in federal court.
- 2017: Daily fantasy sports are legalized in NJ.
- May 14th 2018: The Supreme Court rules against PASPA, viewing act as unconstitutional.
- June 11th 2018: Governor Bill Murphy signs Assembly Bill 4111, legalizing retail and online betting at casinos and racetracks. This makes New Jersey the first state to have both regulated online casinos and online sportsbooks.
Online Gambling Laws
New Jersey is one of the least restrictive regulated online gambling states, but players still need to follow some rules and regulations for NJ gambling sites, set by the Division of Gaming Enforcement. When it comes to online casinos, the rules are quite straightforward.
- Players need to be at least 21 years of age
- Players need to be located inside New Jersey state borders when playing online in New Jersey (confirmed with geolocation software)
- Players must not be on the Division of Gaming Enforcement self-exclusion list for problem gamblers
Note that you must provide some personal information when you register for an NJ gambling site. Online gambling websites use info like you phone number, email address, home address, and social security number to verify your identy, as per regulations.
Online betting regulations in NJ are stricter than in some other states. The number one rule that sets New Jersey apart from others is their definition of prohibited events. Prohibited events in New Jersey include all collegiate events taking place within NJ state lines or involving New Jersey collegiate teams. However, the ban on college events is compensated by the possibility of wagering on events outside sports, like the Academy Awards.
New Jersey’s online casinos provide banking information most commonly on their FAQ or during sign up; there you can find the deposit and withdraw methods a particular site accepts. Below you can find most of the common options at NJ online casinos and betting sites:
- Credit Cards & Debit Cards
- Cash at the Cage of an Atlantic City casino
- Bank Transfer
New Jersey is the leader in online casino games. You can play online casino games for real money: slot titles, jackpot slots, video poker, table games, and even live dealer games are available, just like on the casino floor. You can also find something like 90-ball bingo at some sites. When it comes to the number of games, some of NJ’s legal online casinos offer catalogues that are truly spectacular. For example, Golden Nugget Atlantic City online casino has more than 550 games available in their casino game library, ranging from online slots to video poker to live dealer games.
|Online Slots||Jackpot Slots
Video Slot Games
3D Slot Games
|Table Games||Roulette Games
Wheel of Fortune
|Casino Poker||Let it Ride
Casino Hold Em
|Live Dealer Casinos||Roulette
Casino Hold Em
|Video Poker Games||Game King Video Poker
Double Double Bonus Poker
Three Card Poker
NJ Betting Markets
As mentioned, online casinos in New Jersey are prohibited from offering real money sports wagers featuring instate college teams or New Jersey collegiate sporting events. However, everything else goes. With close to 20 regulated online sportsbooks, there is no shortage of sports gambling options in New Jersey. Several New Jersey online casinos offer sportsbooks, so you can sign up for both at once.
Online Poker Sites
The 2013 online gambling bill also made online poker sites legal in New Jersey. Like all NJ online gambling operations, online poker sites operate through Atlantic City’s casinos. There are several legal online casino options with online poker sites, like BetMGM or 888 Casino. Note that some sites share player pools with each other.
⭐ NJ Casino Bonuses
Along with Michigan, New Jersey has the biggest online casino bonuses in the US. Regulated online gambling sites like Mohegan Sun and Golden Nugget give you 100% deposit match bonuses up to $1,000. Some online casino operators like Draftkings you even more. Their deposit match welcome bonus reaches up to $1,500.
NJ Casino Free Money
In addition to deposit bonus money, best online casino sites also give a new player money for free with no deposit in New Jersey. The best free money bonus offers from New Jersey are from Pala Casino and BetMGM, who give players $25 free on sign up. Free money offers also have wagering requirements, so make sure to check those out at the NJ online casinos you sign up for.
Casino Promo Codes
Online casinos often require you to insert a promo code or bonus code when claiming your casino bonus offers or when making your first deposit. For example, to claim the BetMGM $25 free with no deposit sign up bonus, you need to use the promo code BonusMGM. At Borgata Casino, use bonus code BONUSBORGATA. In most cases, promo and bonus code are the same thing. You don’t always need bonus codes when signing up, just make sure to opt in for the welcome offer.
⭐ NJ Gambling Apps
Most legal gambling sites these days also offer gambling activities on their sportsbook and casino apps, as internet gambling is moving to mobile. You can find most of the NJ casinos apps from the App Store and the Google Play Store. Game options for a mobile device are largely the same, but always depend on the gambling brands in question. New Jersey gaming apps use geolocation software to make sure you are located within the state borders when you play.
⭐ New NJ Online Casinos & Sportsbooks
Regulated online gambling in New Jersey has been around for quite some time, but new real money gaming sites are still launched constantly. The newest NJ online casinos have something for the existing players as well, in the forms of a loyalty program, rewards program or other VIP programs. BonusFinder US provides updates regularly for the NJ online casino market licenses and real money games, so check our site for new information on the gambling market and all necessary bonus codes.
|New Casino / Sportsbook||Launched|
|Stardust Casino||June 2021|
|Betway Casino & Sportsbook||August 2021|
|Barstool Casino & Sportsbook||August 2021|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you gamble online in NJ?
- What is the best online casino in New Jersey?
- When did NJ legalize online gambling sites?
- Do online casinos cheat?
- Do you have to live in New Jersey to bet online?
- What is the legal gambling age in NJ?
- What is the best casino app in NJ?