- ⭐ Arizona Online Casinos Real Money Overview 2023
- ⭐ Top Real Money Online Casino Arizona: Best Sweepstakes Casinos
- ⭐ Real Money Online Sweepstakes and Social Online Casinos: How does it Work
- ⭐ Land Based Casinos for Gambling in Arizona
- ⭐ Arizona Online Gambling 2023: A Complete Overview
- ⭐ Legal Gambling Options for Arizonans
- ⭐ Arizona Online Gambling Sites: Legal Online Gambling on Sports
- ⭐ Other Legal Gambling Options in Arizona
- ⭐ Gambling Rules and Regulations
- ⭐ Arizona Department of Gaming: Legal Gambling Supervision
- ⭐ Responsible Gaming
⭐ Arizona Online Casinos Real Money Overview 2023
Arizona does not have legal real money online casinos regulated and licensed by the AZ Department of Gaming to gamble online. You can play casino games online on your mobile phone or website on sweepstakes casinos online, which let you redeem prizes for real money. Real money online casino Arizona options include sites like Pulsz social casino, Wow Vegas Sweepstakes, and others.
Casino gambling in Arizona started after the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1988. The tribal compact and state law that legalized Arizona betting did not include real money online casinos. Like many other states, Arizona considers all gambling illegal until or unless defined by a new law or statute. Your search for best Arizona online casinos ends at sweepstakes promotional game sites.
You can play casino-style games at sweepstakes casinos in Arizona and in most others states in the USA (except in Washington, Nevada, and Idaho). You have access to usual Vegas slots, table games like Blackjack and Roulette, video poker online, and other casino games on sites like Pulsz and Wow Vegas casino.
⭐ Top Real Money Online Casino Arizona: Best Sweepstakes Casinos
|☀️ Arizona Online Casinos||Sign up Bonus||Info|
|⚔️ Pulsz Casino||2.3 sweepstake coins (SC) for new customer accounts; in-app optional purchase of a gold coin package||18+ legal gambling age|
|✔️ Wow Vegas Casino||5,000 Wow Coins + 1 SC||Social Media Giveaways and contests for free coins.|
|☀️ Chumba Casino||Gold Coins + Free Sweeps Coins||in-app optional gold coin package|
|⭐ Gambino Slots||100k Free Coins & 200 Free Spins||free daily bonuses, compete in contests, VIP benefits|
|⚔️ BetRivers.net||1,000 free credits (VCs or virtual credits)||redeem for items; no real money casino|
|✔️ DoubleDown Social Casino||1,000,000 Free Chips||optional chips, coins, cash, credits; no real money prizes|
|⭐ Slotomania||1M Coins Welcome Bonus||21+ age limit|
|⚔️ Funzpoints||Game Credits||real cash winnings; T&Cs apply|
Pulsz Casino: Online Casino Gambling with Social Slots
Pulsz Arizona online casino is your best option if you are searching for a real money online casino Arizona operator. It is a social casino site that lets your play casino-style slots, jackpot games, Megaways, and online table games.
You get 5,000 gold coins for free when you create a new gaming account with Pulsz online casino. You also get 2.3 sweepstake coins (SCs). You have options to purchase gold coins, which may get you more free sweeps coins.
Note that when you play at social casinos, you are not at legit Arizona online casinos. You are participating in sweepstakes gaming. You cannot buy sweepstakes coins and you can win your way to real money only in qualified sweeps games. T&Cs apply.
Wow Vegas: Arizona Online Casino Sweeps
Wow Vegas sweepstakes among AZ online casinos is a relatively new name in the world of casinos in Arizona and other states. Wow Vegas is among your best options for Arizona online casinos.
You can play casino slots with 5,000 wow coins (virtual currency) that you get for free when you register your new account to play slot machines and other casino games.
You do not need to make any purchases to play at social casino sites. You can claim free SCs in weekly promotions, contests at social media pages of online casinos.
⭐ Real Money Online Sweepstakes and Social Online Casinos: How does it Work
Sweepstakes casinos are legal social casino sites that let players play casino-style slots, table games, and other games using the sweepstakes model. Sweeps cash casinos follow the sweepstakes promotional laws applicable in the United States of America.
AZ casino players online do not have access to usual real money casinos online such as the BetMGM casino, DraftKings casino, BetRivers casino, Golden Nugget casino, and others available in MI, NJ, WV, PA, and CT regulated gambling space.
Is online casino legal in Arizona? No. But you have legal casino gaming options which let you withdraw real money to your bank account subject to terms and conditions. You are practically playing sweepstakes casino games which are similar to online casino games.
BonusFinder has researched the top Arizona online casinos offering online casino games. Play online slots, jackpot slot machines, play online poker or bingo games.
⭐ Land Based Casinos for Gambling in Arizona
If you want to play slots, table games, slot machines, or poker in Arizona, you have plenty of opportunities, although these are not legal online casinos. Arizona casinos have 23 tribal casinos offering casino games, and slot machines as per the National Indian Gaming Commission recommended compacts with the state. Some Arizona casinos even have poker rooms .
|Apache Gold Casino Resort||777 Geronimo Springs Blvd, San Carlos, AZ 85550||San Carlos Apache Tribe||Yes|
|Apache Sky Casino||777 Apache Sky Blvd. Winkelman, AZ 85192||San Carlos Apache Tribe||Yes|
|Blue Water Resort & Casino||11300 Resort Dr, Parker AZ 85344||Colorado River Indian Tribes (C.R.I.T.)||No|
|Buckys Casino||1500 AZ-69, Prescott AZ 86301||Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe||Yes|
|Casino Arizona||524 N 92nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85256||Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community||Yes|
|Casino Del Sol Resort||5655 W Valencia Rd, Tucson, Az 85757||Pascua Yaqui Tribe||Yes|
|Casino of the Sun||7406 S Camino De Oeste, Tucson, AZ 85746||Pascua Yaqui Tribe||Yes|
|Cliff Castle Casino Hotel||555 W Middle Verde Rd, Camp Verde, AZ 86322||Yavapai-Apache Nation||Yes|
|Cocopah Casino||15318 S Avenue B, Somerton, AZ 85350||Cocopah Indian Tribe||No|
|Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel||7350 S. Nogales Hwy, Tucson, AZ 85756||Tohono O odham Nation||Yes|
|Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment||1100 W Pima Mine Rd, Sahuarita, AZ 85629||Tohono O odham Nation||No|
|Desert Diamond Casino||9431 W Northern Ave, Glendale, AZ 85305||Tohono O odham Nation||Yes|
|Desert Diamond Casino||Hwy. 86, Mile Post 55, Why, AZ 85321||Tohono O odham Nation||No|
|Harrahs Ak-Chin Casino||15406 N Maricopa Rd, Maricopa, AZ 85139||Ak-Chin Indian Community||Yes|
|Hon Dah Casino||777 AZ-260, Pinetop, AZ 85935||White Mountain Apache Tribe (W.M.A.T.)||Yes|
|Lone Butte Casino||1077 S Kyrene Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226||Gila River Indian Community||Yes|
|Mazatzal Casino||Highway 87, Mile Marker 251, Payson, AZ 85541||Tonto Apache Tribe||No|
|Paradise Casino||450 Quechan Dr, Yuma, AZ 85364||Quechan Indian Tribe||No|
|Spirit Mountain Casino||8555 AZ-95, Mohave Valley, AZ 86440||Fort Mojave Indian Tribe||Yes|
|Talking Stick Resort||9800 Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85256||Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community||Yes|
|Twin Arrows Casino||22181 Resort Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004||Navajo Nation||Yes|
|Vee Quiva Hotel & Casino||15091 South Komatke Lane, Laveen Village, AZ 85339||Gila River Indian Community||Yes|
|We-Ko-Pa Casino||10438 WeKoPa Way, Fort McDowell, AZ 85264||Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation||Yes|
|Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino||5040 Wild Horse Pass Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226||Gila River Indian Community||Yes|
|Yavapai Gaming Center||1505 AZ-69, Prescott, AZ 86303||Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe||No|
⭐ Arizona Online Gambling 2023: A Complete Overview
The Grand Canyon State legalized retail and online sports betting in April 2021 with HB 2772. The law also confirmed the legal status of Daily Fantasy Sports and Keno. However, there have been no talks of legalizing online casino gambling or online poker as of now. With close proximity to Nevada and 23 tribal casinos, AZ residents will have to settle for land-based casinos for a while.
- The state of Arizona was a surprise and welcome addition to the growing tribe of online sports betting states in the US.
- Post-PASPA, it was believed that iGaming and online sports betting would arrive in the state sooner or later. What was unexpected is that the process was back on track after getting derailed as negotiations between Gov Ducey and tribals continued for some time.
- Not much progress happened with Arizona gaming legislation discussions because tribal operator casinos were opposed to the expansion of wagering opportunities for non-tribal interests. At the same time, the tribes wanted to negotiate because they also wanted to expand their gaming opportunities to include casino gaming like roulette and craps in existing facilities.
- Eventually, all stakeholders realized that it was beneficial for all parties that an agreement was reached. An elaborate signing ceremony happened on April 15, 2021.
- We will update this space when first arizona online casinos are launched some day in future if the state changes AZ online gambling laws.
⭐ Legal Gambling Options for Arizonans
What is covered under legal gambling in the Grand Canyon State? Online casinos in Arizona to play online casino games are not covered but tribal casino gaming is. As per the Arizona Department of Gaming regulations, the following gambling activities are legal in the state:
- Sports betting beginning September 9th, 2021 (online gambling in Arizona with mobile sportsbooks available at online gambling sites)
- Retail, land-based Tribal casinos (tribal casino gaming)
- Lottery (both in-state and multi-state)
- Horse betting
- Off-track betting
- Keno online
- DFS (Daily Fantasy Sports)
- Charity gambling (house-based AZ gambling sites, bingo, raffles)
⭐ Arizona Online Gambling Sites: Legal Online Gambling on Sports
Want to gamble online in Arizona? Arizona has legalized online sports betting. The state has many mobile sportsbooks apps and websites starting September 9th, 2021. The Arizona Department of Gaming oversees the AZ sportsbooks licenses in the state. AZ sports gambling operators online include the BetMGM, DraftKings, WynnBET, Unibet, BetRivers, Hard Rock, Desert Diamond casino and others.
|Arizona Betting Sites||LAND-BASED PARTNER||New Player Bonus|
|BetMGM Arizona||Arizona Cardinals (NFL) & Gila River Hotels & Casinos||$1,000 Risk Free Bet|
|DraftKings||Waste Management Open / PGA Tour||$1,000 Deposit Bonus|
|FanDuel||Phoenix Suns||up to $1,000 back in free bets if 1st bet loses|
|Caesars||Arizona Diamondbacks /Ak-Chin Indian Community||Go Full Caesar up to $1,250|
|WynnBET AZ||San Carlos Apache Tribe||Bet $100 Get $100|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Phoenix Raceway||$1,000 Risk Free|
|Unibet||Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation||$250 Risk Free|
|BetRivers AZ||Indoor Football League s Arizona Rattlers||up to $500 free bet|
|Bally Bet||Phoenix Mercury||TBD|
|SaharaBets AZ||Arizona Coyotes||$10 Free Bet + Las Vegas Trip Launch Offer with free bets|
|Betfred||Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation||$3,000 welcome bonus (3 parts)|
|Betway||San Juan Southern Palute Tribe||$250 Risk Free Bet|
|Golden Nugget||Hualapai Tribe||TBD|
|SuperBook Arizona||Fort Mojave Indian Tribe||100% up to $1,000 bonus vouchers|
|Hard Rock Arizona||Navajo Gaming||3 risk-free bets up to $100|
Tribal Casinos in Arizona
The Grand Canyon State has more tribal land compared to any other state in America. About 27 percent of Arizona’s land base is tribal lands. That is more than 20 million acres of land and some of it boasts of Indian casinos. Want to gamble online in Arizona with slot machines? Well, just travel to an Indian casino.
- As per the Arizona Indian Gaming Association (AIGA) data, 16 Tribes operate 24 class III casinos in AZ.
- 6 Tribes do not have casinos. But they have slot machine rights listed to other tribes with casinos.
- The organization ‘Arizona Indian Gaming Association’ promotes Tribal Gaming to benefit Tribes and all of Arizona state. Arizona Indian Gaming Association represents the eight tribes of Indian people living on reservations in Arizona.
- Tribal Gaming has generated over $1 billion in total revenues to Arizona since 2002. The shared revenue for the ‘Arizona Benefits Funds’ helps education, health, and community welfare in the state.
Casino Games at Retail Gambling Sites
AZ gamblers have access to various casino games at land-based legal casinos run on Tribal lands. Arizona gamblers can now play craps, roulette, and baccarat at the capital city Phoenix-area casinos. This became possible after the update of the tribal casino agreements with the state administration. Earlier only card games like Blackjack and Poker were available at tribal casinos.
Arizona tribes and AZ state reached a deal to allow off-reservation sports betting in exchange for new table games and tribal-licensed sportsbooks. Wild Horse Pass casino AZ, for example, recently opened an area with six mini-baccarat tables, six blackjack tables and one roulette wheel in its high-limit area (minimum bet of $25). Arizona gaming rules allow for maximum bets of $100,000 on blackjack, craps, roulette and baccarat table games. AZ poker rooms are all run by tribal casinos.
- Craps (dice game)
- Sic bo (tai sai)
- Baccarat table game
- Jackpot poker
- Slots (casino slots)
- Pai Gow (double-hand poker, domino game)
- Dealer controlled electronic table games
- Blackjack table game
Why AZ Residents Should Avoid Gambling at Offshore Casino Sites found on the Internet
You may be tempted to play at offshore gambling sites not based and regulated in the USA. However, you will be well-advised to avoid all such casinos in Arizona internet space which are not regulated by local laws. Such casinos which may show in a Google search are not regulated or approved for operation in America. There is no guarantee that your money or bonus claim is safe with such gambling sites claiming to be a genuine casino in Arizona. Also, there is no legal method for appeal and complaint against them.
⭐ Other Legal Gambling Options in Arizona
In addition to legal sports betting and land-based gambling at tribes’ casinos, there are some other forms of legal online gaming as well in Arizona.
Daily Fantasy Sports
HB 2772 also confirmed the legality of DFS contests in Arizona. Operators such as DraftKings and FanDuel will be able to offer their daily fantasy sports platforms alongside their legal sports betting apps. However, the fate of smaller operators, such as Monkey Knife Fight or Yahoo! Sports remains unclear, although the Arizona Department of Gaming has not set an upper limit for the number of DFS licenses in the state.
One interesting addition to legalizing sports betting and DFS was legalizing state-wide online keno as well. Arizona residents can now play Keno electrically from anywhere within the state. No plans for launching online keno have been published yet though.
Horse Racing & Betting
Horse racing betting is available through designated horse racing platforms such as TVG or TwinSpires. In addition, residents can bet on horses at off-track-betting parlors or at one of the three tracks located within the state. Horse racing is also available at county fairs.
Parimutuel wagering has been legal in Arizona since the mid-1930s. The state has 3 racetracks and two county fairs for racing. Turf Paradise in Phoenix is a popular destination lasting over many months. In fact, Arizona is one of the few states in the US that offers a year-round racing circuit.
- Arizona Department of Racing regulates the horse racing industry.
- Off-track wagering parlors are sometimes located in bars and restaurants in AZ.
- Rillito Park in Arizona is considered the birthplace of Quarter Horse racing.
- Online horse wagering is allowed in Arizona state through gambling sites like TwinSpires and TVG.
The state of Arizona has two county fairs where you can enjoy live racing. Santa Cruz County is located southwest of Tucson, Arizona. It runs a two-day meet on the first weekend of May. Cochise County also runs a two-day live racing meet in Douglas, Arizona. It is a community located on the Arizona-Mexico border.
Online Lottery Draw Games
Arizonians have always been able to participate in Arizona state Lottery and interstate lotteries. With the new tribal compact, they are now able to participate in lottery draw games online as well. These games have not yet been launched and no live date is set yet.
Arizona Lottery Commission website lists all lottery details for Arizonans including but not limited to:
- Lottery jackpot alert
- Winning numbers
- Draw games (Powerball, Mega Millions, The Pick, Triple Twist, Fantasy 5, Pick 3, Quickcard)
- Fast Play
- AZ Players Club mobile app
- Beneficiaries of AZ lottery gambling sales
- Lottery retailers
- Prize claim information
- Lottery events and promotions
⭐ Gambling Rules and Regulations
As with all states, Arizona imposes regulations on gambling. In order to take part in any sort of online gaming, you must be located within Arizona state lines. Furthermore, you need to abide by the following age limits.
|AZ Internet Gambling Event||Age Limit (years)|
|Legal Sports Betting||21+|
|Daily Fantasy Sports||21+|
Unlike some other states, Arizona does not restrict betting on in-state college teams, which is great news, as you can bet on the Wildcats men’s basketball team. However, you can’t place prop bets on college events or athletes. Furthermore, bets on esports, injuries, penalties, and high school events are prohibited. Despite the limitations, you have plenty of legal sports betting opportunities.
Anything you win from gambling in the state attracts a 24% federal tax rate. AZ state tax ranges from 2.59% to 4.50%. Your state tax rate will be higher if your income is higher, and so on.
Road to Legal Online Betting: History and Timeline
The signing of Sports Betting Bill 2772 and amended Tribal-State Gaming Compacts has made sports betting legal in the state. It directs the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG) to adopt rules and act as the regulator and enforcement body for event wagering and fantasy sports.
- Arizona gambling endeavors have come a long way from being in negotiations to finalization and execution. There have been turbulent times during the evolution of legislation when even a typo almost derailed the development.
- Legal sports betting legislation was first introduced in 2019. But it could not garner enough support and faced pressure and opposition from the tribes in the copper state.
- In the post-PASPA era, it was believed that Arizona sports betting legislation would see the light of the day sooner than later. Established tribal casinos, in particular, were initially cold to the idea of regulated betting or legal Arizona online casinos on the internet competing for the gambling revenue in the state.
- The situation rapidly changed in times of the global crisis. Travel and tourism was hit, state revenue went down, and unemployment rose.
- Governor Doug Ducey and other leaders and tribal casino operators were eager to have more revenue streams in the Grand Canyon State.
- Legal, regulated online sports betting in Arizona was an idea whose time had come. Keeping in with the general sports betting industry growth in various US states, Arizona had to legalize online betting sooner or later.
- The online betting bill signing ceremony took place on 15 April 2021 in the Heard Museum, Central Phoenix. Apart from Gov. Doug Ducey, it was attended by the leaders of Arizona tribes who signed the new compacts. However, the state could not offer online casinos as there was not enough support or demand for it
- The tribal casinos in Arizona have been limited in their gambling offerings so far. They will now make quite a jump and would be able to offer Las Vegas-style gambling for Arizonans.
- Arizona gambling laws allow popular teams like the Arizona Coyotes, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Arizona Cardinals to run sports betting operations at their respective venues. They will also be able to offer betting at a retail location in a quarter mile and online.
- Are online casinos legal? No. We will update this space if best online casinos available in other states become available in Arizona.
⭐ Arizona Department of Gaming: Legal Gambling Supervision
AZ Betting sites are supervised by the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG) regulations.
- House Bill 2772 and amended Tribal-State Gaming Compacts mandate the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG) to adopt rules and act as the primary regulator and enforcement body for event wagering and daily fantasy sports.
- All online gambling operators are required to maintain a geofencing system to ensure the physical location of the players in Arizona. A geolocation check is to be made to ensure that it is an authorized session of play. Out-of-Arizona real-money online gambling will be blocked by law.
- An independent test laboratory will certify that all event wagering online gambling systems complies with all technical standards in the state Act. From responsible gaming, and self-exclusion to online security and reporting requirements, online gambling operators have to follow the word of the law.
ADG was established by the state legislature in 1995. It is the regulatory agency of the state for tribal gaming, racing and pari-mutuel or simulcast wagering, and unarmed combat sports. It also supports education and treatment initiatives for people and families affected by problem gambling in the copper state. All sports betting licenses, online sports betting launch, and operators are vetted by the Arizona Department of Gaming. They also have a 24-hour confidential helpline 1-800-NEXT-STEP for responsible gaming, where problem gamers can call and seek counsel.
⭐ Responsible Gaming
Arizona Department of Gaming runs a 24/7 help for problem gamblers ‘Arizona Division of Problem Gambling’ located at 1110 W. Washington St. Suite #450, Phoenix, Arizona 85007. ADG has a dedicated website for it.
- The Arizona Lottery is another agency which had a Please Play Responsibly Program since 1998 and a Problem Gambling Program since 2000. The Arizona Lottery and the Department of Gaming collaborate for all problem gambling programs in the state.
- The Division of Problem Gambling has two kinds of Self-Exclusions for Arizonans: Casino self-exclusion and Online Event Wagering & Fantasy Sports (EWFS) self-exclusion (valid for mobile platforms and licensed facilities).
Last updated: 02/02/2023
Are online casinos legal in Arizona?
No, HB 2772 did not have any mention of real money online casinos. If you want to play casino games or slot machines, you need to head out to one of the 23 tribal casinos in the state.
Is online poker legal in AZ?
No, the state's new tribal compact had no mention of online poker, and it remains illegal. There are no plans to currently change this. Those looking to play poker can head to one of Arizona's 23 land based casinos.
What is the legal gambling age in Arizona?
The legal gambling age is 21 years for online and retail sports betting, DFS and casino games. The gambling age is 18 years for online keno, lottery, and pari-mutuel horse wagering.
Can I claim Arizona casino bonuses?
You can get 5,000 gold coins no deposit bonus at Pulsz social casino and another 5,000 coins for new signups at Wow Vegas without making a deposit. You also get free spins and other free virtual currency to play sweepstakes games. You can expect real money no deposit bonuses, free spins, risk-free plays, deposit match bonuses in future if the state legalizes online casino gaming.