⭐ Tennessee Online Sports Betting
On April 30, 2019, online sports betting became legal in Tennessee, as Gov. Bill Lee chose not to block the Tennessee legislature approved House Bill. On paper, it seemed to be one of the most progressive betting laws. At the time, Tennesseans praised the Volunteer State law for the online-only model for the Tennessee market. In short, Tennessee was the first state that does NOT require betting operators to partner with retail casinos or retail sportsbooks. However, in the months since legalization, new rules have drawn the ire of Tennessee bettors.
⭐ Tennessee Sports Betting Sites 2021
The governing body Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation finally launched legal sports betting in Tennessee on November 1st 2020. Four TN sports betting operators launched sportsbooks the opening weekend. Given the size and market potential of legalized sports betting in Tennessee, it attracted the biggest players in the online sports betting industry, and more are on their way. The Tennessee sportsbooks have up to $1,000 online gambling bonus offers for new players.
- Action 24/7 – $400 bonus
- Caesars Sportsbook – $5,000 risk free bet on deposit
- BetMGM Sportsbook – $1,000 new players bonus
- DraftKings Sportsbook – first deposit up to $1,000 bonus
- FanDuel Sportsbook – $1,000 risk free bet
- TwinSpires Sportsbook – risk free bet up to $1,000 on deposit
- WynnBET – $1,000 risk free first bet
- Barstool – risk free bet up to $1,000
- Wagr – Coming Soon
1. Tennessee Action 24/7
Tennessee Action 24/7 or Action247 is an exclusive Tennessee sports betting operator, and one of the first sportsbooks to launch. They try to compete with the leaders of the sports betting industry with their locality and their great ongoing promotions. Available on desktop, Android & iOS.
2. BetMGM Sportsbook
The iconic Las Vegas mainstay MGM Resorts International and their sportsbook BetMGM became the first online sportsbook to open an TN sports betting app. They offer new players a $1,000 risk free bet in the Volunteer State with code BONUSMGM.
3. DraftKings Sportsbook TN
DFS industry leader DraftKings Sportsbook is the most widely distributed online sports betting brand in the United States and really sets the industry standards. Their daily fantasy sports site was already available in the state, and their online sportsbook launched in Tennessee as soon as sports wagering arrived. No DraftKings Tennessee promo code needed for the bonus.
4. FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel already had daily fantasy sports in the state of Tennessee, and they were quick to hop on the sports betting site bandwagon. FanDuel Sportsbook is also a sports betting partner to numerous teams and leagues in the U.S. You can get a deposit match first bet risk free up to $1,000, FanDuel promo code Tennessee needed.
5. TwinSpires Sportsbook
TwinSpires Sportsbook by parent company Churchill Downs is a newer Tennessee sportsbook operator, and they have recently expanded in to multiple sports betting states. They have a great selection of markets to bet on sports, and new user bonus of risk free bet up to $1,000 with offer code BET1000, among other things. The sportsbook’s site is available for desktop, iOS, & Android.
6. Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook is an Las Vegas giant with almost limitless resources. They have recently launched in Tennessee, and are now one of several options. Caesars gives new players a huge $5,000 risk free bet when you first sign up for the sportsbook on your smartphone, and offer a lot of options for in-play wagers.
7. WynnBET Sportsbook
WynnBET Tennessee is another newer Tennessee sports betting license holder, having officially launched in May 2021. Wynn Resorts have an established presence in the US sportsbook app market, and were an expected addition with their gambling apps. The WynnBET app also gives a $1,000 risk free first bet bonus to a new sports bettor.
8. Barstool Sportsbook
Great news for Barstool fans! Barstool launched their Tennessee online sportsbook on September 8, 2021, after getting approval from the Tennessee Lottery. With their brand recognition, they can be expected to disrupt the current order of betting sites in TN. New users get a bet risk free up to a $1,000 and $10 free money when they sign up for the site.
Wagr is a new social sports betting app, which will launch in TN online wagering in Fall 2021. Wagr mobile app differs from Tennessee’s sportsbooks with their unique take on online wagering: you are able to bet online against your friends and family, not against the book itself (the most common type of sports bets). Wagr says they want to move casual bets on NFL games and March Madness online, which is an interesting move most online sportsbooks have not offered yet. Whether they will have more favorable odds and if they are a viable option, will be seen when the first wager can be placed.
⭐ Tennessee Sports Betting Apps
Currently in September 2021, there are eight legal Tennessee sportsbook apps. However, as mobile sports betting in Tennessee is now legal, there’s a good chance more major sportsbook apps will open up. Tennessee bettors can download the most of the gambling apps from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store like any other app, and the mobile apps should work similarly to the desktop computer versions.
|TN Sportsbook||Mobile Sportsbook App||Software|
|Action247||Yes||iOS / Android|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Yes||iOS / Android|
|DraftKings||Yes||iOS / Android|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Yes||iOS / Android|
|TwinSpires||Yes||iOS / Android|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Yes||iOS / Android|
|WynnBET||Yes||iOS / Android|
|Barstool||Yes||iOS / Android|
With a state population of seven million, Tennessee has the potential to be a decent sports betting app market. The lack of a sponsoring requirement means that, effectively, there’s no limit to the number of online sports betting licenses the Tennessee State Lottery can issue.
Assuming it will work out its regulation issues, Tennessee will be a highly competitive sports betting market. To attract Tennesseans, providers offer customers a variety of welcome promotions. When you are claiming your real money betting welcome bonus, remember to check if the casino requires any promo codes. Make sure to read the terms and conditions for details..
Risk Free Bets
TN sports betting market has many risk-free bets, which means that TN sportsbooks will cover your loss if the wager loses. Always check operator bonus info for exact details of the risk free bets.
Free bets are more aggressive. As the name suggests, the online betting site GIVES you money to wager with. If you lose, you lose the house’s money. However, if you win, you collect the profit, but NOT the stake.
Some sportsbooks in Tennessee also use casino-style deposit offers to attract customers. In return for depositing cash, your sportsbook will give you a signup bonus matching a certain percentage, and up to a specific cap. For example, a 100% up to $250 deposit match will yield you $250 in BONUS CASH if you deposit $250 of your own funds.
Tennessee Sports Betting Promo Code
Online gaming bonuses sometimes require an offer code. You can get the welcome bonus money when you put in one of these Tennesee sports betting promo codes.
|Sportsbook||Bonus||Use Bonus Code|
|Action247||$400 Risk Free Bet||GET400|
|BetMGM||$1,000 Risk Free Bet||BONUSMGM|
|TwinSpires||$1,000 Risk Free Bet||BET1000|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$5,000 Risk Free Bet||BONUSFINDERRF|
⭐ Other Promotions
Welcome offers are only the beginning. To keep local bettors in Tennessee interested, sportsbooks must provide an incentive to stay. Tennessee’s legal betting market is set to be a competitive one. If a bettor doesn’t like a site’s layout, its odds, etc., they’ll jump to another website – just like that.
There’s one thing successful sportsbooks have in common – engaging ongoing promotions. There are many ways to entice bettors to stay, such as a risk free sports bet & weekly boosted parlays. Others include, but are not limited to, the following list:
- Reload bonuses: Reload bonuses are among the most common promos out there. Here’s how they work: in return for re-depositing a minimum amount (usually $10-$20), they’ll match to a certain percentage/cap. Let’s say DraftKings is offering a Monday Night Football 50% reload bonus. They’ll give you 50% of whatever you put on the site, up to a limit of $100. To max out this promotion takes only $200 – not a bad deal!
- Profit boosts: As fun as that is, it’s an offer commonly found in online casinos. Profit and odds boosts, on the other hand, are exclusive to legal sportsbooks. A profit boost magnifies the money you make on a wager. For instance, let’s say you apply a 20% profit boost to a wager that will pay you $200. If you win, you’ll make $40 EXTRA on top!
- Odds boosts: What about odds boosts? As the name suggests, it applies its magic to the odds part of the equation. For instance, let’s say you’re wagering on the Memphis Grizzlies to win at -180. An odds boost might change that to -220, leading to an increased payout if you win!
- Insurance promos: Finally, we’ve all experienced the sting of the “miracle comeback.” A 4-6 team comes back from three touchdowns at the half to win – the result hurts! Insurance promos, most often available on parlays, can protect your investment. If a last-minute comeback turns your bet into a loser, it will pay part or ALL your stake back!
⭐ How to Bet on Sports in TN
If you are new to sports wagering, there are a few steps you need to take before you can place your first (live) bet.
- Choose a Sportsbook: You can find the one that suits you the best from BonusFinder US extensive reviews.
- Register for an Account: Registering is easy, but don’t forget to put in the promo codes for bonuses! You don’t need to be a Tennessee resident to register, but you might miss out on bonuses if your state is looking to launch licensed sportsbooks.
- Deposit Money: Many sportsbooks accept several depositing methods.
- Choose Your Bets: Pick the sport, league, and player you wish to bet on, and what type of bet you want to place.
- Check Promotions: See if the operator has any good promotions that might get you extra cash if you end up with a winning result.
- Place Your Wager: Now you’re good to go, best of luck!
Registering for an Account
Since Tennessee has no retail sports betting, you can register for an account online. Note that you must provide some personal information when you sign up. Don’t forget to include the bonus code or opt in to get the bonuses! The most commonly required fields on the form when registering are listed below:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Home address
- Zip code
- Mobile phone number
- Answers to security questions
Online Banking Options
Now you’re ready to deposit. Note that the Tennessee sports betting law prohibits sportsbooks from extending credit to users, so credit cards are not an accepted payment method. In addition, since there is no retail betting, cash at the casino cage is not accepted. We can’t say with 100% certainty that all options are available for all sportsbook apps, but here are a few common options:
|Banking Method||Deposits||Withdrawals||Withdrawal Time|
|Prepaid Cards||Yes||Yes||2 - 6 hours|
|PayPal and other e-wallets||Yes||Yes||2 - 3 days|
|ACH/Electronic checks||Yes||Yes||3 - 5 days|
|Bank Account Transfer||Yes||No||N/A|
|PayNearMe (7-Eleven & Family Dollar)||Yes||No||N/A|
⭐ Sports in Tennessee
So what can you bet on in Tennessee? Professional sports and college sports betting in Tennessee is possible. Since most Tennesseans like to bet on teams they know and love, TN sports teams, college games, and sporting events are some of the most popular betting options on gambling sites. Tennessee is home to several major U.S. sporting teams, and many major sportsbooks are partnering with teams from different sports.
AFC South participants Tennessee Titans (former Houston Oilers) weren’t regulars in the NFL playoffs during the 2010s, but did advance to the AFC Championship game in 2019. This year, their odds of winning the Super Bowl are slim at best. However, a loyal fan base follows home games at the Nissan Stadium on Titans Way during the NFL season. For the sports bettors, player props might be the way to go when wagering on the Tennessee Titans football team. Titans were to first professional sports team to partner with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Ice Hockey in Tennessee is a big deal. The Bridgestone Arena residents Nashville Predators were the Presidents Trophy champions of the 2017-2018 season, but fell short in the playoffs. While they are still far from winning the Stanley Cup finals, they offer many interesting NHL betting options for Broadway regulars.
The Nashville SC (Soccer Club) entered the MLS in 2020 as a new sports team, and they haven’t looked half bad. Nashville SC games are known for being low-scoring affairs, providing perfect opportunities for betting under for the most part.
There has been a significant push to get an MLB expansion team to Nashville in the near future. However, the plan is still under way, and it might be some time before Tennessee bettors can enjoy pro sports league level baseball betting in the state. For now, you might look to other teams like the St. Louis Cardinals or the Atlanta Braves, both of which have had great success recently.
The NBA team Memphis Grizzlies, led by former Rookie of the Year Ja Morant, haven’t made the NBA playoffs from the Western Conference in five years. So things are not looking too bright for basketball fans in Tennessee as they visit the FedEx Forum, but maybe new minority owner Justin Timberlake can bring something new to the table.
College Football Betting
Tennessee state sports wagering rules allow you to bet on college sports in Tennessee, unlike in New Jersey. Thus, you can place bets on college sports, and wager on the Power Five Conferences members Vanderbilt Commodores or University of Tennessee Volunteers college football teams, playing home games at Vanderbilt Stadium and Neyland Stadium with a couple bowl appearances in recent years. You might also be able bet on another NCAA Division I college football participant East Tennessee State University.
College Basketball Betting
The University of Tennessee Volunteers Basketball is also highly successful compared to the teams in professional sports leagues in the state. While they have not yet made it to the Final Four and won the March Madness college basketball title, they have made appearances in Sweet Sixteen. The women’s college basketball program is one of the best in the US.
The Memphis Tigers are another top team in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, and have even played in the National Championship game. Other local college teams with basketball programs include the Austin Peay State University and Lipscomb University.
As Tennessee sports teams are not very successful, aside from the collegiate events, casual sports bettors might want to check out other sports betting markets. Betting online on the following sporting events is available in Tennessee.
- UFC Betting
- UEFA Champion’s League
- English Premier League
- Tennis US Open
- Tour De France
- The Olympics
In addition to sportsbooks like DraftKings that offer fixed odds on horse races, users can bet on horses legally using designated horse betting apps like AmWager Racebook or TVG. These sites offer horse betting pools, instead of fixed odds betting.
⭐ Available Types of Bets
TN Sports betting operators offer the following bet types individual players can choose to bet on sports with.
- Moneyline: Also known as run line and puck line, where you bet on the winner. For example, you can put on your bet slip the Nashville Predators to win over the Colorado Avalanche. Simple.
- Spread Bets: However, sports games are often not evenly matched, and online sportsbooks try to offer interesting point spreads for bettors. For example, if the Vanderbilt Commodores are playing, the betting site might offer a Commodores -7,5 bet. If they win by 8 or more, the point spread bet wins.
- Prop Bets: The online sportsbook might offer a bet that Tom Brady scores two touchdowns. This is called a proposition bet or a prop bet. Prop bets are available for most sports. You can place props pre-game or in-game.
- Over/Unders: You can also bet on the total points scored in a game. For example if the Tennessee Volunteers Basketball are playing Kentucky Wildcats, you can bet on whether the combined score is over or under 150,5.
- Futures Bet: In futures bets, you bet on a future event. For example, you could bet on the championship game winner or who’ll win the World Series. Futures payouts are huge, compared to totals bets and live bets, but your favorite teams winning it all might be unlikely.
- Parlays: A Parlay is a combination of multiple moneylines bets. For example, if all the Tennessee pro sports teams play on the same day, you can wager that they all win for bigger payouts. Some sites also offer Same Game parlays, so you can just bet on one single game.
- Live Betting: Live betting, or in-game betting is done during the event, and most folks love it. Sometimes you can even place specific in-play wagers like the next foul committed in the Grizzlies game, and more bets open up as the game progresses.
Are There Bets That Are Not Legal in TN?
Yes, but the only restriction relates to college games. Live betting on collegiate sporting events and collegiate prop bets are not legal in Tennessee sports wagering, but you can place a sports bet on pretty much everything else in the Volunteer State. So a moneyline bet on the Tennessee Volunteers football team is okay, but in-game wagering is off-limits.
⭐ What’s Next in TN?
TN sports betting sites went officially live on Nov 1, 2020. Tennessee sports betting laws, licensing fees, and tax rates force odds at legal online sportsbooks to be markedly higher than offshore betting sites, which operate against state and federal law. Good news is that Tennessee sports bettors can now try out multiple sportsbooks legally, and the betting volume is on the rise.
However, the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation will no longer oversee the sports betting industry, starting January 2022. From then on, Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC) will determine new sportsbooks, regulations, and oversight as the new regulators. We will see what plans this will bring to the market and to the gross gaming revenue. Follow BonusFinder US for all the latest updates and latest news.
Tennessee Sports Betting FAQ
- Is sports betting legal in Tennessee?
- Am I able to place wagers in Tennessee using a VPN?
- Why is there so much controversy surrounding TN sports betting regulations?
- Is 21 years the legal sports betting age limit in Tennessee?
- Can I bet on my mobile device in Tennessee?