- ⭐ WV Online Sports Betting June 2023
- ⭐ Best WV Sports Betting Apps
- ⭐ Top 7 WV Sports Betting Sites
- ⭐ WV Retail Sports Betting
- ⭐ How to Start Sports Betting Online
- ⭐ Sports Betting Bonuses Explained
- ⭐ WV Sports Betting Markets
- ⭐ Banking Options for WV Sports Betting
- ⭐ WV Sports Betting: History & Timeline
- ⭐ West Virginia Sports Betting FAQs
⭐ WV Online Sports Betting June 2023
Online sports betting business is booming in West Virginia! Back in June 2018, the Supreme Court struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA). A few months later, the first legal betting site in West Virginia online gambling was live.
Curretly there are many legal online betting sites in West Virginia giving welcome bonus to bettors: FanDuel, Caesars Sportsbook, DraftKings sportsbook, BetMGM sportsbook, PointsBet, and Betly. BonusFinder lays out what you can expect from sports gambling apps.
|📲 WV Sports Betting Apps||BetMGM, Caesars, PointsBet & More|
|🏆 WV Online Bonuses||$4,000+ at Sportsbooks (Risk-Free credits, Deposit matched)|
|🎁 Promo Code Eligibility||New Players Welcome Bonus|
|🆔 Gambling Age||21+ (21 years old)|
|⭐ WV Sportsbook Bonus Code||BONUSMGM at BetMGM|
|🏀 WV Online Betting Apps||Android & iOS devices|
|📱 Free Betting Apps||Free Registration; new player promos|
|✔️ WV Sports Betting Licensing||West Virginia Lottery|
⭐ Best WV Sports Betting Apps
BonusFinder has reviewed WV betting mobile apps and legal online sports betting sites. The sportsbooks are available on mobile device and desktop sites for West Virginians and others in the US willing to travel to West Virginia. These legal WV sports betting apps are available for Android and iOS devices. Players can also play on the website in mobile browsers. All sports apps offer betting bonuses for new players.
|WV Legal Sportsbooks||WV Betting App||Bonus Offers|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Yes||$1,000 first bet offer|
|Golden Nugget Sportsbook||Yes||$250 free bet|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Yes||First Bet on Caesars up to $1,250 + 1,000 Tier Credits & 1,000 Reward Credits®|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Yes||$1,000 No Sweat First Bet|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Yes||$1,000 First Deposit Bonus|
|PointsBet West Virginia||Yes||5 x $50 risk-free bet, total of $250|
⭐ Top 7 WV Sports Betting Sites
There are many West Virginia sportsbook options for sports gambling fans, including big names like BetMGM sportsbook, FanDuel sportsbook, DraftKings, and newcomers like Golden Nugget online. Note that legal sports betting is always licensed by the state gambling authority West Virginia Lottery Commission which regulates legal gambling business in the state. BonusFinder has researched the best West Virginia sportsbooks for players.
1. BetMGM Sports Betting App WV
West Virginia sports betting market has all of the major sportsbooks. Our list of West Virginia online sportsbooks starts with one of the best operators, BetMGM. BetMGM sportsbook and casino operates in multiple states in the US. The MGM Resorts International sportsbook is a brand to reckon with in America. Use bonus code BONUSMGM for BetMGM WV $1,000 first bet offer for sports betting.
BetMGM sportsbook has a rich online betting market, various sports, good banking options, amazing odds, a loyalty program, and timely promotions for bettors. The Greenbrier Casino Club is BetMGM’s partner in the mountaineer state (retail sportsbook).
2. DraftKings Betting App
DraftKings aims to be the king of the industry in the US. It built its sports reputation with daily fantasy sports success and is now a big name in WV sports betting as well. The WV sportsbook is also a top betting site in many states. Use our link to claim the app welcome deposit bonus.
The promo offer of $1,000 risk-free sports bet with 20% match is not that exciting but the DraftKings app and website, which offers a great betting experience, is a big catch for players.
3. Caesars Sportsbook West Virginia
Caesars Sportsbook West Virginia has an attractive welcome bonus. The mountaineer state residents can enjoy sports betting gambling on the Caesars app.
Use bonus code FINDERFULL to get your initial bet on Caesars up to $1,250 with additional 1,000 Tier Credits & 1,000 Reward Credits® on your Caesars account. This is one of the biggest welcome bonuses you can claim in West Virginia. Make sure to copy down the promo code FINDERFULL to claim the bonus!
4. FanDuel Sportsbook App
A popular daily fantasy sports (DFS) rival to DraftKings, FanDuel has entered West Virginia sports betting and gambling market. FanDuel is a very big name in the world of sports betting. The Greenbrier Casino Club is the retail sportsbook location for FanDuel Sportsbook.
The Casino Club at The Greenbrier is also America’s only private casino. You can bet on all major sports including baseball, soccer, football, basketball and more. The FanDuel Sportsbook lounge is located in The Casino Club. FanDuel offers a casino credit of $1,000, or a $1,000 betting promo for sports bettors.
5. PointsBet West Virginia
PointsBet WV is live as a legal sports betting option, and is accepting bets in the state. You get 5 x $50 bet credits up to $250 at the betting site with our bonus link, and you can use your bets on Pointsbetting or straight bets.
The various features of the sportsbook include a number of promotions such as weekly and monthly bonuses and deposit weekly odds boosts. Also, you get a nice app which makes it easy to find your betting market and build bet slip.
6. Golden Nugget Sportsbook
Golden Nugget WV is among the newest sportsbook and casino to launch in the state. The mountain state residents and other bettors in US can enjoy mobile sports betting and casino gambling at the newest casino and betting site.
Golden Nugget sportsbook gives West Virginia bettors a $250 free bet welcome. Minimum odds for the welcome bonus wager are -200. The West Virginia sportsbook also offers a number of other promotions for loyal players including golden points, odds boosts, parlay boosts and refer-a-friend offers.
7. Betly Sportsbook West Virginia
Betly Sportsbook is available as Mardi Gras Casino and Wheeling Island casino locations in West Virginia. Delaware North (the owner of Mardi Gras Casino and Wheeling Island) has a collaboration with IGT technology for Betly sportsbook. Delaware North was also behind BetLucky way back in 2019.
Betly offers a 100% risk-free winning streak up to $100. No app promo code is needed. Delaware North will likely launch the Betly brand in markets where it has land-based casinos. That would include New York, Arizona, Florida, Illinois, and West Virginia.
⭐ WV Retail Sports Betting
West Virginia’s casinos also offer retail sports betting options. Land-based casinos are extremely popular in West Virginia, and sports betting sites (West Virginia sportsbook options on internet and apps) will never completely replace them. You can still bet live at the following retail sportsbooks (sports betting brick-and-mortar locations), four of which also have a race track.
The five casinos and racinos of the state can accept sports betting wagers. All of the casinos above have retail sportsbooks (retail sports betting), casino floor with table games, and some even have poker tables.
|Land Based Casino Operator||City||Address||Owner|
|The Casino Club at The Greenbrier||Greenbrier||101 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs||Jim Justice Family Group|
|Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races||Charles Town||750 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town Races||Penn National Gaming|
|Mardi Gras Casino Resort||Nitro||1 Greyhound Drive, Cross Lanes, WV 25313||Delaware North|
|Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort||Chester||1420 Mountaineer Cir, New Cumberland||Century Casinos|
|Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack||Wheeling||1 S Stone St, Wheeling||Delaware North|
⭐ How to Start Sports Betting Online
Caesars, FanDuel, BetMGM, and DraftKings all offer both an Android and an iOS app. To download them, specifically search for “FanDuel Sportsbook WV” or “DraftKings Sportsbook West Virginia.” Because of WV state law, their Android/iOS app differs from those in NJ, PA, IN, and CO.
How to Bet Explained
Choose a Sportsbook bonus listed on BonusFinder.
Use our promo code and exclusive link to create new account
Sign up at the Sportsbook site
Download Betting Apps
If you own an Android device, note that you may not find your app in the Play Store. Google policy may not allow for real-money sports betting sites in all locations, so you might have to download it from directly through the online sports wagering websites. iOS apps can be downloaded directly from the App Store.
Create New Sportsbook Account
- Before you can bet on sports at West Virginia sportsbooks, you must first create a sportsbook account on the mobile device or the desktop. The casinos will want to know some of your personal details in order to identify you for real-money gambling.
- Note that your geolocation must be West Virginia and the online sportsbook will verify it with a geofencing plugin. You need to be within the state lines while playing on the site, and there’s no way to work around this with VPN. Your usual place of residence does not matter, you can cross the state lines and be in West Virginia for internet or retail sportsbooks.
West Virginia Sports betting sites commonly require the information fields on registration forms:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number (last 4 digits of SSN)
- Email address
- Home address
- Zip code
- Mobile phone number
- Age verification
- Security Questions
⭐ Sports Betting Bonuses Explained
To attract sports fans, West Virginia mobile sports betting apps offer attractive welcome promotions. Typically, these sports betting promos take multiple forms. We explain these bonuses that sports bettors in West Virginia can enjoy with all West Virginia betting platforms.
Such bets are exactly what they sound like. Legal online mobile sports betting operators give you free bet credits to wager with. If you win, you keep the proceeds, minus the stake.
Risk-free bets are NOT given to you by your sportsbook. Instead, a risk-free bet covers a wager made with your money, up to a certain amount. If you lose, the site refunds your stake with on-site credits.
Sportsbook Deposit Bonus
Sportsbook deposit bonuses are mostly the same as casino deposit bonuses. In return for depositing a specific amount, the sportsbook will give you bonus cash. Match percentages, matched free bet and caps vary from one app to another. Deposit match bonus is a new user bonus offered by sportsbooks.
Active online sportsbooks in West Virginia offer a variety of sports wagering promotions to keep bettors interested. These limited-time offers include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reload bonuses: These are among the most common ongoing promotions. These offers function just like a deposit welcome bonus. For every dollar you reload, you get a percentage in bonus cash. For instance, if you deposit $100 during a 30% up to $200 offer, you’ll get $30 in bonus cash.
- Profit boosts: Such boosts are one of the coolest sportsbook promos going. You use this offer in conjunction with a sports bet. Let’s say you applied a 10% profit boost to a wager slated to pay $100. If you win, you’ll get an extra $10 on top!
- Odds boosts: Odds boosters are similar to profit boosts for sports betting. Instead of magnifying the payout, they make your odds more favorable (sort of more competitive odds). If you win, your odds boost will multiply your stake by an artificially higher number.
- Insurance promos: Insurance promotion in your bet slip will trade part of your stake for a full refund, when the worst thing happens and an improbable comeback turns a victory into a shocking defeat.
- And many more…
- Mobile sports betting sites attach playthrough requirements to their promotions when you are betting in West Virginia. Also called online wagering requirements, they require players to bet through bonus funds and associated winnings to withdraw them.
- FanDuel Sportsbook issues risk-free bet refunds in bonus cash. To withdraw the refunded amount, you’ll need to wager through it once. By industry standards, it’s quite generous.
⭐ WV Sports Betting Markets
Although it is a small state, West Virginia’s online sportsbooks have a lot of betting options and competitive odds in their sports betting market. Some of the most popular online sports betting markets include the following. You can bet on all popular sports in West Virginia.
- NFL Betting (Super Bowl or NFL season promos)
- MLB Betting
- NHL Betting
- NBA Betting
- College Sports (or collegiate sports teams)
- UFC / MMA
- MLS sports betting
- NCAA (March Madness, basketball) sports betting
Teams to Bet On
- Sports markets in West Virginia have no professional local teams but you will find major college sports to bet on online. Unlike other states, you can bet both on professional and college sports, and e-sports without restrictions.
- They have a few division 1 programs, including West Virginia University and Marshall, that might interest sports bettors. The only restrictions apply to betting on high school sports.
- West Virginia bettors can bet on sports teams from neighboring states or support any team from anywhere by betting on live (in-game wagering) games, straight bets, futures, teasers, moneylines, round robins around different leagues, events and tournaments. Live betting is especially popular all over the world.
Bet Types for Sports Betting
In addition to extensive markets, you can find most bet types (including straight bets) at each betting site in West Virginia.
- Parlay Wager
- Point Spread Bets
- Over/Unders (Totals)
- Proposition Bets
- Live Betting
- Futures Bets
Where can you bet on sports in West Virginia? Well, apart from all the sportsbook apps listed here for online wagering, you can also visit the many land-based retail casinos and other off-track betting sites with sports betting facilities.
⭐ Banking Options for WV Sports Betting
For sports betting in West Virginia sportsbooks, you’ll need to upload a bankroll first. We list the most common payment options in West Virginia below.
Just as in Indiana sports betting, sports betting companies offer deposit methods and payment options that cater to most West Virginia sports bettors. They include the following:
- Credit cards (Visa/MasterCard)
- American Express (DraftKings only)
- Debit cards (Visa/MasterCard)
- Prepaid cards
- ACH/online banking
- Paper checks/money orders/bank drafts (FanDuel only)
- Cash at the Cage (Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races – DraftKings only)
Paying by card is one of the quickest and easiest way to deposit money to your betting account. However, this method might not be open to some gamers, as some West Virginian banks block online gaming transactions.
PayPal, in our opinion, is the best workaround for West Virginia sports betting deposits. Virtually all financial institutions trust this e-wallet. Start by moving the amount you wish to deposit to your PayPal account. Then, initiate a PayPal deposit request on the sportsbook you want to transfer funds to. Within seconds, your bankroll will be online.
Retail Deposit for Sports Betting
Do you love live gaming AND have a DraftKings betting account? Take your wagering mobile by making a cash deposit at the Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races. Initiate a “Cash at the Cage” deposit on DraftKings, and then head to the online casinos. To ensure a trouble-free experience, have your account details and government-issued photo ID ready for the cashier!
Nailed a big bet? When the time comes to withdraw funds, the sports betting industry in West Virginia offer several ways to get a hold of your cash. These include:
|Withdrawal Method||Withdrawal Time|
|ACH (e-checks)||3 - 5 business days|
|PayPal||4 - 6 business days|
|Paper checks||5 - 8 business days|
|Prepaid cards||2 - 6 hours|
|Cash at the Cage||2 - 6 hours|
The cash at the Cage option is only available if you have a DraftKings account. You can go to Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races to withdraw your funds – just remember to bring a valid ID.
⭐ WV Sports Betting: History & Timeline
The state of West Virginia legalized sports betting in March 2018. The regulator, WV Lottery (State’s Lottery Commission), started its work on rules and approval of sportsbook apps/sites after online betting went legal.
|2016||West Virginia and five other states challenge Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act|
|February 2018||Sports Betting Bill S415 passes|
|March 2018||Sports Betting Becomes Legal|
|August 2018||Caesars (under a former name) in partnership with Hollywood Casino the first sportsbook to launch online|
|December 2018||Online Gambling is shut down|
|March 2019||Lottery Interactive Wagering Act (HB 2934) passes without a signature from Gov Jim Justice legalizing online casinos and betting|
|August 2019||Fantasy sports giants FanDuel and DraftKings Sportbooks go live|
Betting in West Virginia: Conclusion
- West Virginia sports betting market is among the smallest of all the legal sports betting markets in America. Despite that, it has a substantial number of sportsbooks competing with each other.
- Delaware North had launched BetLucky way back in 2019 in West Virginia but it was a short-lived experiment due to legal wrangles. It did excite the legal gambling landscape in the state. Delaware North may launch Betly sportsbook brand in more states after partnership with Belgian gaming tech firm Gaming1.
- Now, all popular and big names like MGM Sportsbook, DraftKings, FanDuel and Caesars are present in the mountaineer state. All the gambling operators offer well-designed platforms and plenty of promotions on the sportsbook apps or desktop sites.
- All sportsbooks offer responsible gambling options within player account and customer care support for bettors. More competition would make these West Virginia’s sportsbooks better, but the current situation is nothing to frown at, either.
- Current gambling legislation allows the five West Virginia’s casinos in the state to partner with up to three skins each for online gambling licenses. There have been unsuccessful attempts at reforming the law so that state’s sports betting industry is not tethered to casinos in the state.
Last updated: 05/10/2023
⭐ West Virginia Sports Betting FAQs
1️⃣ Can I place bets in West Virginia using a VPN?
No. Sportsbooks have measures in place to detect patrons using VPNs. They’re obligated by the state to do this, as it is illegal for sportsbooks to accept out-of-state wagers. If the West Virginia sports betting site catches you using a VPN, they'll close your account and seize your funds.
2️⃣ Is online sports betting legal in West Virginia?
Yes. The West Virginia legislature passed the Sports Wagering Act and legalized sports betting in 2018, making sports betting legal in the state. West Virginia sports bettors can wager online with our promotions. All sportsbooks are licensed and authorized by the State lottery commission.
3️⃣ Where can I bet on sports in West Virginia?
As of June 2023, many apps like DraftKings, BetMGM, Caesars, and FanDuel are available in WV. Apart from the mobile betting options, you can place wagers at five brick-and-mortar sportsbooks. They can be found at the Hollywood Casino at Charles Town, The Greenbrier Resort, the Mountaineer Casino, the Wheeling Island Hotel Casino, and the Mardi Gras Casino Resort.
4️⃣ Do I need a promo code to bet with WV sportsbooks?
You can use our bonus codes at BetMGM and Caesars. For other sportsbook operators, all you need to do is click our link and cash in on the sports betting app bonus.
5️⃣ What is the legal age limit for playing at sportsbooks in West Virginia?
21 years (21+) for WV betting sites, the same as in other states.
6️⃣ How do I know if a WV sports betting app is legit?
All online sportsbooks are regulated by West Virginia Lottery Commission, so check for their logo at the bottom of the page. We only list legal, regulated casinos and sportsbooks on our site, so you can trust that West Virginia online sportsbooks mentioned on our site are fully legit.
7️⃣ Is FanDuel app legal in West Virginia?
Yes, it is a legal WV online sportsbook app.
8️⃣ When did West Virginia legalize sports betting?
WV was one of the first states to legalize sports betting back in 2018. The first online sportsbook started operations in the same year in cooperation with Penn National Gaming at the Hollywood Casino in Charles Town.