⭐ WV Online Sports Betting App Bonuses 🎖️ Promos
In June 2018, the Supreme Court struck down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA). A few months later, the first legal betting site in West Virginia online gambling was live. While WV online casinos market won’t be posting New Jersey casinos numbers any time soon, revenues have been solid.
At present, there are six legal online betting sites in West Virginia: FanDuel, Caesars, DraftKings, BetMGM, PointsBet, and Betly. BonusFinder lays out what you can expect from sports betting apps.
|WV Sportsbook||Betting App||Bonus Offers|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Yes||Risk-free bet $1,000|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Yes||$1,000 risk free bet|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Yes||$1,000 First Deposit Bonus|
|Caesars||Yes||$5,000 risk free bet|
|PointsBet WV||Yes||2 risk-free bets, total of $2,000|
⭐ WV Sports Betting Online Apps Reviews
As you can see, West Virginia’s online sports betting app industry is a bit sparse. This doesn’t surprise us – unlike New Jersey betting, West Virginia is a small state. According to the most recent census, it is only home to 1.8 million people. Therefore it’s not as interesting market to sports betting app operators compared to bigger states like Colorado or NJ.
🎖️ List of Best WV Sports Betting Apps 🎖️
There are five West Virginia online sportsbook options for sports gambling fans.
- BetMGM 🎖️ Sports Betting App WV: BetMGM sportsbook and casino operates in multiple states in the US. Use bonus code BONUSMGM for BetMGM WV $1,000 risk-free betting bonus.
- ✔️ DraftKings Betting App: DraftKings aims to be the king of online gambling in the US. The top online betting app in many states is available for West Virginians. Use our link to claim the app welcome deposit bonus.
- 🎖️ Caesars Legal Sports Bet: The mountain state residents can enjoy sports betting gambling on the Caesars app. Use bonus code BONUSFINDERRF to get $5,000 betting risk-free bonus on the app.
- 🎖️ FanDuel Sportsbook: A popular DFS rival to DraftKings, FanDuel has entered West Virginia online betting and gambling market.
- 🎖️ Betly Online Sportsbook: Betly is available online as Mardi Gras and Wheeling Island casino locations in West Virginia. It offers a 100% risk-free winning streak up to $100. No app promo code is needed.
- 🎖️ PointsBet sportsbook: PointsBet WV is no live. You get two risk free bets up to $2,000 at the betting site with bonus code BONUS2000.
Kickstart Mobile Sports Betting
Caesars, FanDuel, BetMGM, and DraftKings all offer both an Android and an iOS app. To download them, specifically search for “FanDuel Sportsbook WV” or “DraftKings Sportsbook West Virginia.” Because of WV state law, their Android/iOS app differs from those in NJ, PA, IN, and CO.
Android Betting Apps
If you own an Android device, note that you may not find your app in the Play Store. Google policy may not allow for real-money sports betting apps in all locations, so you’ll have to download it from directly through the online sportsbook websites.
⭐ West Virginia Sports Betting App Welcome Bonuses
To attract sports bettors, West Virginia online mobile sports betting apps offer attractive welcome promotions. Typically, these sports betting online promos take three forms:
Free Bets: Mobile Betting in West Virginia
Such bets are exactly what they sound like. Legal online mobile sports betting apps GIVE you money to wager with. If you win, you keep the proceeds, minus the stake.
Risk-free bets are NOT given to you by your sportsbook. Instead, a risk-free bet covers a wager made with your money, up to a certain amount. If you lose, the site refunds your stake, sometimes in free first bet, like the BetMGM Sportsbook.
Betting in West Virginia – Deposit Bonus
Sportsbook deposit bonuses are mostly the same as casino deposit bonuses. In return for depositing a specific amount, the sportsbook will give you bonus cash. Match percentages, matched free bet and caps vary from one app to another. Deposit match bonus is a new user bonus offered by sportsbooks.
Mobile sports betting apps attach playthrough requirements to their promotions when you are betting in West Virginia. Also called online wagering requirements, they require players to bet through bonus funds and associated winnings to withdraw them.
FanDuel Sportsbook issues risk-free bet refunds in bonus cash. To withdraw the refunded amount, you’ll need to wager through it once. By industry standards, it’s quite generous.
Mobile Sports Betting App Promos
Legal and best sports betting apps in West Virginia offer a variety of sports wagering promotions to keep bettors interested. These limited-time offers include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reload bonuses
- Profit boosts
- Odds boosts
- Insurance promos
- And many more…
- Reload bonuses are among the most common ongoing promotions. These offers function just like a deposit welcome bonus. For every dollar you reload, you get a percentage in bonus cash. For instance, if you deposit $100 during a 30% up to $200 offer, you’ll get $30 in bonus cash.
- Profit boosts are one of the coolest sportsbook promos going. You use this offer in conjunction with a sports bet. Let’s say you applied a 10% profit boost to a wager slated to pay $100. If you win, you’ll get an extra $10 on top!
- Odds boosts are similar to profit boosts. Instead of magnifying the payout, they make your odds more favorable. If you win, your odds boost will multiply your stake by an artificially higher number.
- Insurance promos trade part of your stake for a full refund, when the worst thing happens and an improbable comeback turns a victory into a shocking defeat.
⭐ WV Sports Betting Online Markets
Although it is a small state, West Virginia’s online sportsbooks have a lot of betting options and competitive odds. Some of the most popular betting options include:
- NFL Betting
- MLB Betting
- NHL Betting
- NBA Betting
- College Sports
- UFC / MMA
West Virginia has no professional sports teams but you will find major college athletic programs to bet online. Unlike other states, you can bet on sports like collegiate sports and e-sports without restrictions. They have a few division 1 programs, including West Virginia University and Marshall, that might interest sports bettors. The only restrictions apply to betting on high school sports.
Best Betting Apps Bet Types
In addition to extensive markets, you can find most bet types at each online betting app in West Virginia.
- Parlay Wager
- Point Spread Bets
- Over/Unders (Totals)
- Proposition Bets
- Live Betting
- Futures Bets
⭐ Registering a Betting App Account
Before you can bet on sports at West Virginia online sportsbooks, you must first create a sportsbook account. The casinos will want to know some of your personal details in order to identify you.
Mobile sports betting sites commonly require the information fields on registration forms:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Home address
- Zip code
- Mobile phone number
- Age verification
- Security Questions
⭐ Banking at Online Betting Apps
For sports betting online in West Virginia, you’ll need to upload a bankroll first. We list the most common payment methods in West Virginia below.
Just as in Indiana sports betting, sports betting apps offer deposit methods that cater to most West Virginia sports bettors. They include the following:
- Credit cards (Visa/MasterCard)
- American Express (DraftKings only)
- Debit cards (Visa/MasterCard)
- Prepaid cards
- ACH/online banking
- Paper checks/money orders/bank drafts (FanDuel only)
- Cash at the Cage (Hollywood Casino at Charles Town – DraftKings only)
Paying by card is the quickest and easiest way to get money online. However, this method might not be open to some gamers, as some West Virginian banks block online gaming transactions.
PayPal, in our opinion, is the best workaround for West Virginia sports betting online deposits. Virtually all financial institutions trust this online e-wallet. Start by moving the amount you wish to deposit to your PayPal account. Then, initiate a PayPal deposit request on the sportsbook you want to transfer funds to. Within seconds, your bankroll will be online.
DraftKings Customers Only
Do you love live gaming AND have a DraftKings Sportsbook account? Take your wagering online by making a cash deposit at the Hollywood Casino at Charles Town. Initiate a “Cash at the Cage” deposit on DraftKings, and then head to the online casinos. To ensure a trouble-free experience, have your account details and government-issued photo ID ready for the cashier!
Nailed a big bet? When the time comes to withdraw, the sports betting industry in West Virginia offer several ways to get a hold of your cash. These include:
|Withdrawal Method||Withdrawal Time|
|ACH (e-checks)||3 - 5 business days|
|PayPal||4 - 6 business days|
|Paper checks||5 - 8 business days|
|Prepaid cards||2 - 6 hours|
|Cash at the Cage||2 - 6 hours|
The cash at the Cage option is only available if you have a DraftKings account. You can go to Hollywood Casino at Charles Town to withdraw your funds – just remember to bring a valid ID.
WV Online Sports Betting History & Timeline
The state of West Virginia legalized online sportsbooks in March 2018. The regulator, WV Lottery Commission, started its work on rules and approval of online sportsbook apps after online betting went legal.
|2016||West Virginia and five other states challenge Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act|
|February 2018||Sports Betting Bill S415 passes|
|March 2018||Sports Betting Becomes Legal|
|August 2018||William Hill (Now Caesars) in partnership with Hollywood Casino the first sportsbook to launch online|
|December 2018||Online Gambling is shut down|
|March 2019||Lottery Interactive Wagering Act (HB 2934) passes without a signature from Gov Jim Justice legalizing online casinos and betting|
|August 2019||Fantasy sports giants FanDuel and DraftKings Sportbooks go live|
Retail Sports Betting and Racinos in West Virginia
Land based casinos are extremely popular in West Virginia, and online sports betting sites will never completely replace them. You can still bet live at the following establishments, four of which also have a race track. The five casinos and racinos of the state can accept sports betting wagers.
|Land Based Casino Operator Name||City||Address||Owner|
|The Casino Club at The Greenbrier||Greenbrier||101 W Main St, White Sulphur Springs||The Justice Family Group|
|Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races||Charles Town||750 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town||Penn National Gaming|
|Mardi Gras Casino Resort||Nitro||1 Greyhound Drive, Cross Lanes, WV 25313||Delaware North|
|Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort||Chester||1420 Mountaineer Cir, New Cumberland||Century Casinos|
|Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack||Wheeling||1 S Stone St, Wheeling||Delaware North|
All of the casinos above have a retail sportsbook, casino floor with table games, and some even have poker tables.
⭐ West Virginia Sports Betting Summary
West Virginia online betting market is among the smallest of all the legal sports betting markets in America. As a result, only Caesars, FanDuel, BetMGM, and DraftKings operate at this time along with Betly. However, all the operations offer well-designed platforms and plenty of promotions.
More competition would make these West Virginia’s sportsbooks better, but the current situation isn’t terrible, either.
WV Sports Betting Online App FAQ
- Can I place bets in West Virginia using a VPN?
- Is mobile sports betting legal in West Virginia?
- Where can I bet on sports in West Virginia?
- Do West Virginian online sportsbooks offer horse racing?
- Do I need a promo code at a WV sports betting site?
- What is the legal age limit for playing at sportbooks in West Virginia.
- How do I know if a WV Sports betting app is legit?
- Is FanDuel app legal in West Virginia?
- Is online sports betting legal in WV?