Best MLB Betting Sites
As any baseball bettor knows, Major League Baseball is a great way to make loads of money. BonusFinder reviews the best MLB betting sites for baseball fans and bettors alike. We take a look at online baseball betting sites, their sportsbook bonuses, different sports betting options, and user experience to bring you the best baseball betting sites in the US.
|Rank||MLB Sportsbook||Bonus Amount||Bonus Code|
1. Pointsbet – The Best MLB Betting Site in the US
For us, PointsBet USA is the best baseball betting site in America. First of all, they have the biggest online sports betting bonus offers in the US – up to $2,000. Secondly, their wagering opportunities include their own style of betting, called Pointsbetting, where players win more money, the closer they are to the correct result. Baseball is a game of stats, so baseball bettors who know their stuff can really make money betting on PointsBet.
BetMGM Sportsbook is one of the best baseball betting sites in America. This online MLB betting site is available in 10 states, which is why it takes the no 2 spot on our list. Furthermore, they offer great live betting opportunities, good odds, multiple types of bets, and exciting promotions for events like the World Series. Their $600 promotion also offers new customers great value.
3. Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook is the third best MLB betting site in the US. It’s known as a great brand by sports bettors worldwide and the American betting site is no exception. With sport betting sites available in multiple states, Caesars has a well thought out user interface, fair odds, live betting, and more types of baseball bets than you can imagine.
Betting on Major League Baseball (MLB)
Baseball betting online is quite straightforward. You’ll get three basic types of bets pre-game: Moneyline bets, run line and totals (over/under). In addition, you can place futures bets on the World Series, player prop bets, and bet live on any given game.
Moneyline bet is the easiest to understand. Simply: who wins the baseball game? In MLB betting, you’ll always see the starting pitcher mentioned in brackets after each teams name. If either of the starters fails to make the start, at most baseball betting sites the money line bets are automatically void, and you’ll get a refund. Starting pitchers carry the most weight in a result of any given baseball game, so, therefore, it’s understandable there’s a refund.
Another word for Run line betting is point spread betting. In Run lines, you’ll typically get +1.5 runs or give up -1.5 runs. To win your bet with +1.5 run spread, your team can lose by a maximum of one run. If they win the game or lose by one run, you win. If they lose by two runs or more, you’ll lose.
Totals (Under / Over)
Totals mean over/under betting. Will there be over or under 8.5 runs scored in the game? With 8 runs or less, the under cashes, with 9 runs or more, the over cashes. In over / under betting wind plays a part in the equation, so you’ll want to do your homework whether the wind is blowing in or out at the ballpark.
Player Prop Bets
MLB props are popular throughout the baseball season, especially during the playoffs and World Series. Most player props revolve around player statistics, such as the number of home runs or hits by a specific player, or the number of strikeouts a pitcher might record.
In futures betting you’ll be betting long-term outcomes, such as the World Series winner or the Cy Young Award winner. You can also wager your futures bet on team wins over/under, which is a great way to pique your interest in a particular team, like the Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees, throughout the season.
Parlays are combinations of two or more bets. When you combine a MLB wager with another wager, you have a parlay. The odds for both baseball games are multiplied, so you can win more than you would with two straight bets. However, parlays are harder to hit, and the sportsbook reduces the parlay bet odds by up to 30% so you won’t actually win as much as the combined odds would suggest.
Live / In-play betting
Live betting is a tremendous way to get some betting action mid-game. You can wager when the game is on, so it doesn’t matter if you miss the first pitch and the lines are already closed. All you have to do is to wait until the current inning ends, and you can place baseball bets again. You should be quick, though, as the lines close when a new inning starts, and the game is on again. Most bet types are available for live betting.
Best MLB Betting Bonuses
Online sportsbooks give you free bets, risk free bets, and deposit bonuses when you create a new account. Baseball bettors can get thousands of dollars in extra money for MLB baseball betting when they combine different bonuses from online sportsbooks.
Free MLB Bets
Online sports betting sites give you free bets to test out their user interface. Free bets no deposit are usually small, and if you win you’ll keep your winnings but not the stake. However, no min deposit is required. With deposit match free bets, the online sportsbooks will match your first deposit with a free bet of the same size. Bet settlement must usually happen within 7 days so that you are eligible for the bonus.
|Sportsbook||No Deposit Free Bet||Matched Free Bet|
|BetFred||N/A||$400 (PA) / $1,000 (IA)|
Pro tip: If the terms & condition of the deal doesn’t limit odds for the free bet, try to hit a lucky parlay and get yourself a big payday. If it goes south, you haven’t really lost anything – only the free bet. The upside is massive.
Risk Free Bets
Risk free bets are the most common sports betting bonus offers in the US. If your first baseball bet loses, the sports betting site will give you a refund in site credit, or a matching free bet. You must then bet through the amount a set number of times to satisfy wagering requirements. In rare cases, the loss is compensated in cash. Check T&C for details.
|Sportsbook||Risk Free Bet||Compensated as||Wagering Requirement|
|BetMGM||$1,000||5x Free Bet||1x|
|Fox Bet||$500||Site Credit||1x|
|Hard Rock Sportsbook||$100||Cash||None|
|PointsBet||$500 + 1,500 (pointsbetting)||Free Bets||1x|
|The Score||$500||Free Bet||1x|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$5,000||Free Bet Credit||1x|
|WynnBET||$1,000 (MI) / $500 (NJ)||Free Bet||1x|
|BetFred Colorado||$500||Free Bet||1x|
First Deposit Bonuses
Deposit match bonuses match your deposit up to a certain percentage – always clearly stated in the bonus offer like: “We’ll match your deposit 200% up to $100!”. Effectively this means that when you deposit $50, you’ll get $150 to bet with. It’s a great deal. The most common deposit bonus is a 100% deposit match.
|Bet365||100%||Up to $500||1x|
|Action247||100%||Up to $100||N/A|
|BetRivers||100%||Up to $250||1x|
|DraftKings||20%||Up to $1,000||25x|
|Fox Bet||50%||Up to $500||1x|
|PlayUp Colorado||200%||Up to $200||10x|
|Tipico||100%||Up to $250||N/A|
|MaximBet||100%||Up to $1,000||1x|
Bonus Terms & Wagering Requirements
MLB betting sites bonuses have much more lax wagering requirements than typical casino bonuses. Typically you’ll need to wager the bonus between 1x – 10x times with a minimum odds of -120. This changes site to site, so you better check the sportsbook T&C first to see what the bonus is like at your chosen book.
Before you can place your World Series futures or bet which team will win between the Chicago Cubs and the Toronto Blue Jays, you need to make a deposit. All the deposits to online gambling sites are instant, but withdawals take some time depending on the chose withdrawal method.
|Banking Method||Deposits||Withdrawals||Withdrawal Time|
|Credit Card / Debit Card (Visa & MasterCard)||Yes||No||N/A|
|Cash at the Casino Cage||Yes||Yes||1 - 4 hours|
|Prepaid Card||Yes||Yes||2 - 6 hours|
|PayPal||Yes||Yes||2 - 3 days|
|ACH/E-checks||Yes||Yes||3 - 5 days|
|Online Bank Transfers||Yes||No||N/A|
|PayNearMe by 7-Eleven||Yes||No||N/A|
MLB Betting Tips
If you want to make some real money betting on the MLB, there are some general rules, factors, and baseball betting strategies you should follow. You should of course shop for betting lines to find the best MLB odds and signup bonus. In addition to these general rules, there are several specific betting strategies for the MLB.
- Bet Early in the season: MLB regular season is very long. In April the teams are still fresh from spring training and figuring out who’s who, and the oddsmakers experts picks can have significant mistakes, so you are going to find great moneyline picks when betting on baseball. Once the playoffs come around, every team has been thoroughly studied and the baseball odds are no longer in your favor.
- Don’t bet on the big favorites: Baseball is a funny sport, because betting on the favorite is rarely worth it. Teams that have a -150 or more in the moneyline bets are just not worth betting. Although they are likely to win, the cream of the crop won’t make a big profit on a win, and like all baseball bettors know, there’s too much variance.
- Search for the underdogs: MLB Bettors might be hesitant to bet on the underdog team, but in baseball it is often worth it. There’s a lot of variety within the season, and although underdogs statistically win less than half of the baseball games, the return on investment makes up for that. Remember that even the worst MLB teams usually win 60+ games per 162 game season.
- Bet totals instead of winners: Nowadays, there are hundreds of wagering options for a sport bettor in single MLB game, so why bet on the winner? Predicting the winner of a baseball match is notoriously difficult. That’s why totals are much more reliable in baseball than in other sports. If you have enough background information on the weather and the pitchers, betting on the total number of runs will be much safer in the long run.
- Follow the Weather: No major sporting events are as prone to weather effects that baseball. Win direction and temperature both play a crucial role in the total number of runs, and whether players hit a home run. Sports bettors can use this information to make educated choices when they place prop bets and bet on MLB games.
- Study the Stadium: As with the weather, knowing the stadium can confer some serious advantages. Some stadiums are more pitcher friendly while some favor left handed hitters over right handed ones. A park with special features usually benefit the home teams. Knowledge on stadiums is a thing that can really make a difference..
Legal MLB Betting States
The gambling laws in the United States now permit real money wagering on MLB 10 different states across America. In some states there are only a few online sportsbooks, but in other states like NJ, you can find more than 20 online betting sites where you can bet on MLB games. Therefore you can compare odds and wager types between sport betting operators.
- Arkansas Sports Betting
- Colorado Sports Betting
- Illinois Sports Betting
- Indiana Sports Betting
- Iowa Sports Betting
- Michigan Sports Betting
- NJ Sports Betting
- PA Sports Betting
- TN Sports Betting
- Virginia Sports Betting
- WV Sports Betting
- CT Sports Betting (coming soon)
- Maryland Sports Betting (coming soon)
- Arizona Sports Betting (coming soon)
- Wyoming Sports Betting
- Sportsbook Rhode Island
- Oregon Lottery Scoreboard
- BetMGM DC App
- New Hampshire
MLB Betting Q&A
- Are Online MLB Betting Sites Legit?
- Do online MLB sportsbooks really pay out winnings?
- How do you bet on the World Series?
- Where can I bet on baseball?
- Which is the best baseball betting site?