Legal Online Sports Betting Bonuses in Virginia
Virginia sports betting online finally went live in January 2021, nine months after Senate Bill 384 was passed in April 2020. DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel, and BetMGM were the first to arrive in Virginia online sportsbook market. Virginia Lottery state laws mandate that there will be a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 VA sportsbook mobile apps. Virginia sports betting industry is growing and that is good news for sports gambling fans in Virginia.
Virginia Sports Betting Bonuses
Virginia sports betting apps bonuses and promos are abundantly avaiable for sports bettors. You get deposit match welcome bonus, no deposit bonus, risk-free bets in sign-up welcome offers in Virginia welcome bonus offers for new users. Bet on sports online with betting bonuses totalling over $2,000 at top Virginia sportsbooks.
|VA Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus Offer|
|DraftKings Virginia||20% deposit match bonus up to $1,000|
|BetMGM Virginia||$600 risk-free Bet!|
|BetRivers||$250 Deposit Match Bonus|
|William Hill||$500 Risk Free Bet|
|WynnBET||$500 Risk Free Bet!|
|FanDuel||Risk Free Bets up to $1,000|
|UniBet Virginia||$100 no Deposit Bonus (5x$20) + $1,000 Risk-free Bet|
Get the Best Virginia Sports Betting Promos
BetRivers Virginia bonus code MATCH250 gives you a deposit match of 100% up to $250 with only a 1x playthrough requirement! This is certainly one of the best bonus offers from Virginia sportsbooks. They double your new user deposit by a maximum of $250. You just need to play the bonus amount for one time and withdraw your winnings!
There are plenty of promotions that you can get as a new sports bettor.
- Free Bets – Free bets give you a no deposit bonus to bet with on the sportsbook. If you win, you keep the winnings, but not the stake. Unibet Sportsbook VA offers free Bets in sportsbook welcome bonus. You get a no deposit bonus amounting to $100 (5x$20)from Unibet.
- Risk-Free Bets – With risk-free bets, the Virginia betting apps will refund your stake if your bet loses. FanDuel Virginia offers new players a $1,000 risk free bet.
- Deposit Match Bonuses – Deposit bonuses mean that the betting site operator in Virginia will match your deposit up to a cap. For example, DraftKings Sportsbook has a 20% up to $1,000 welcome bonus.
Virginia Sports Betting Bonus Code
Some Virginia sportsbook bonus offers require you to insert a promo code when you make a deposit or create an account. BonusFinder US lists all Virginia sports betting promo codes. To use a bonus code offer, you must write it into a designated bonus code box during registration or first deposit.
- What’s William Hill VA sports betting promo code: BONUSFINDERRF
- What is BetMGM Virginia Sportsbook promo code?: BONUSMGM
- What is BetRivers Sportsbook Virginia bonus code?: MATCH250
Virginia Sports Betting Operators
Virginia online sportsbook operators officially approved by the Virginia Lottery include BetMGM, DraftKings, BetRivers, WynnBET and other online sportsbooks.
BetMGM Sportsbook VA
BetMGM sports betting license was approved on January 24, 2021 and the VA online sportsbook started taking bets on January 27, 2021. BetMGM Sportsbook offers a welcome bonus in VA where your first wager is a risk-free bet up to $600.
Get BetMGM VA Sportsbook Bonus Offer
Use the BetMGM sports betting bonus code BONUSMGM to claim the bonus offer.
- Type the bonus code BONUSMGM on BetMGM sportsbook iOS or Android app or BetMGM.com in Virginia while registering your account and making your first deposit.
- Your first wager at BetMGM is risk-free after the new account registration.
- You must deposit a minimum of $10 into your BetMGM VA sportsbook account.
- You will receive up to $600 in free bets as sportsbook bonus if your wager loses.
- Only the first $600 of the first wager is eligible for the BetMGM promotion. So maximize your first deposit at the BetMGM Virginia.
- If your qualifying bet loses and it is greater than $50, you’ll receive free bets in denominations of 20% of the total number of free bet earnings you’re eligible for at BetMGM VA. Read the terms and conditions of the BetMGM bonus offer.
DraftKings Mobile Sportsbook VA
DraftKings sportsbook started taking bets in Virginia on January 24, 2021. DraftKings gives you a deposit bonus of up to $1000 with your first deposit for sports betting.
Get DraftKings Virginia Bonus Offer
- DraftKings will match 20% of the deposit amount up to $1,000 total for new VA sportsbook customers.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is $5 to get DraftKings Virginia sportsbook offer.
- Follow the DraftKings link from the top list on the page and bet on your favorite games from Virginia.
BetRivers Sportsbook App VA
Sportsbook BetRivers started taking bets in Virginia on January 27, 2021. BetRivers gives you a sports betting welcome deposit match bonus in Virginia. BetRivers has daily promotions on its sportsbook page including line specials, boosted odds, and parlays of the day. The Virginia sports betting app features a GameCast and constant odds updates to enhance your live betting experience. BetRivers also has its own iRush Rerwards loyalty program for Virginians. You get bonus store points on every real money wager that you can redeem in their bonus store.
Get BetRivers Sporstsbook VA Sports Betting Bonus
- Use the bonus code MATCH250 to claim the BetRivers bonus offer.
- You get up to a $250 bonus match on your first deposit.
- BetRivers Virginia has a 1x bonus play through requirement. No strings attached!
William Hill Sportsbook VA
William Hill Sportsbook Virginia bonus offer is up to $500 risk-free bet on your first digital deposit. William Hill sportsbook VA has tons of parlays, props, futures, in-game bets, and daily bonuses and promos for sports gambling fans.
Get William Hill Sportsbook VA Sports Betting Bonus
- Use the promo code BONUSFINDERRF to claim up to $500 in risk-free bet.
- Free bet offer is a promotional non-cashable bonus. It must be used within 7 days from the date of award.
Get Unibet Sportsbook Bonus VA
Unibet Sportsbook Virginia bonus offer gives you a $100 no deposit bonus free bet and $1000 risk free bets.
- New players can claim 5x$20 free bets that they can use on any sports event.
- New Unibet Sportsbook players in Virginia also get $1000 risk free bet.
- To claim the $1000 bonus offer, deposit a minimum of $10 or more at Unibet Virginia and place your first cash bet. If your sports bet loses, Unibet Sportsbook will refund you bonus money in your account equal to the amount of the losing wager up to $1000.
- You need to wager the bonus amount x1 on any sports market within 30 days as per Unibet Online Sportsbook wagering requirement.
- You must place Unibet Sportsbook bets at odds of -300 or higher to claim bonus wagering money.
FanDuel Sportsbook VA
FanDuel Sportsbook in Virginia was launched in partnership with the Washington Football Team. FanDuel Virginia was approved and started taking bets on January 20, 2021. FanDuel has a $1000 risk-free bet promotion offer. Virginia bettors placing their first real money wager will receive a site credit if that wager loses.
Get WynnBET VA Sports Betting App Bonus
WynnBET sportsbook gives you risk free bet of up to $500 with a minimum deposit of $20. To use WynnBET Virginia promo code, you need to place an eligible sports wager within ten days after making the qualifying deposit.
Other Virginia Sportsbooks
You can bet on sports in Virginia on some other sportsbook apps as well as listed below.
- Caesars Virginia Sportsbook: Caesars was approved for sports betting in VA on 27 January 2021.
- Golden Nugget Online VA Sportsbook: Golden Nugget was approved on 15 March 2021 but sports betting operations are yet to start.
- Bally’s Corporation: Bally’s sports betting operations are not launched yet.
- Barstool VA Sportsbook: Barstool was approved for VA sports betting on 15 March 2021 but the operator is yet to launch betting operations.
VA Betting Options
There are no major league sports teams in Virginia. However, there are some in Washington DC and the neighboring states. If sports fans want to enjoy live betting close to home, betting on the following professional sports teams will be available.
|Major Sport||Betting Opportunities for Virginians|
|NFL Betting||Washington Redskins
|NBA Betting||Washington Wizards
|MLB Betting||Washington Nationals
|NHL Betting||Washington Capitals
Leagues and Events for Mobile Betting
There is a clear bet directive list updated and published by the VA regulator which lists all the approved leagues. It includes football (NFL, CFL, NCAAF, senior bowl), Australian football, Baseball leagues, Basketball leagues including the NBA and WNBA, boxing, cricket, golf, motorsport, soccer, tennis, and many others. Wagering on exhibition, pre-season, and all-star contests is authorized by Virginia Lottery rules.
Horse Racing Betting
Horse Racing is big in Virginia, and horse betting platforms like TVG, and TwinSpires give Virginia sports fans the chance to bet on the Kentucky Derby or Preakness Stakes. You can get a $200 bonus with TwinSpires offer code BET200 if you want to bet on horses in Virginia.
VA Sports Betting Approved Wagers and Bet Types
Virginia betting operators may offer wagers which can be pre or in-game and futures or outrights. Legal sports betting wagers also include proposition bets for all leagues and events where the results are determined on the field of play and can be confirmed by a box score or statistical analysis. Virginia Lottery also has a list of prohibited wagers and sports events.
Wagers and bet types available to you in the Virginian legalized betting market include:
- Single-game bets
- Teaser bets
- Exchange Wagering
- In-Game Wagering
- In-Play Bets
- Proposition Bets
- Straight Bets
Prohibited Wagers in Virginia Mobile Betting Market
VA sports betting law does not allow Virginia college sports bets, wagers on youth sports or proposition bets on such sports. For Virginia college sport and youth sports, prohibited wagers are limited to the single game or match in which a youth sports or a Virginia college team is a participant.
Live Betting in Virginia Sportsbooks
Virginia betting laws allow live, in-game betting. A growing tribe of sports bettors wants to bet on sports while the game is played live. Virginia sportsbooks offer an option for live betting market throughout the game such as over-under, in-play live bets, moneyline, proposition bets, and so on.
Banking at Virginia Sportsbook Operators
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods at VA Sportsbooks
Here are the common deposit options offered by many a legal sports betting websites. Options may vary depending on the VA Sportsbook you use.
- Credit Cards (MasterCard/Visa)
- Debit Cards
- Bank Transfers
Other Possible Deposit Methods
- Play+/Prepaid Cards
Lottery Profits in Virginia
In 2020, the Virginia Lottery had sales of nearly $2.15 billion in sports betting revenue. 27.7% of the sales or over $595 million went for K-12 public education and 61.3% of the total went back to Virginia bettors and players in the form of prizes. All lottery profits from sports betting industry are used solely for educational purposes.
Legal Online Sports Betting in Virginia – Conclusion
Online sports betting is 100% legal in Virginia and flourishing. Virginia sports gambling market has good sports betting bonuses on offer by sportsbook operators like BetMGM and William Hill. There is no retail sportsbook in Virginia yet, but that could change in near future. VA bettors wagered more than $304 million on Virginia sportsbooks, including more than $83 million on March Madness. VA bettors wagered $304,066,245 and won $277,492,368 according to Virginia Lottery March 2021 sports wagering activity report.
Virginia Sports Betting Bonuses FAQ
- Can I bet on sports online in Virginia?
- Are sports betting sites legal in Virginia?
- Are online casinos legal in Virginia?
- How old do I have to be to sports bet in Virginia Sportsbooks?
- Can I bet on in-state college teams at Virginia betting sites?
- Are daily fantasy sports legal in Virginia?