⭐ DraftKings Sportsbook in Virginia
Online sports betting became legal in Virginia in April 2020. All legal sportsbook operators have valid licenses from the Virginia Lottery. Virginia betting laws differ slightly from other states in the USA.
- You can access the DraftKings mobile betting platform in Virginia through the app and website. DraftKings claims to offer some unique bet types such as live, in-game betting, Teasers+ and Sportsbook pools.
- DraftKings launched its daily fantasy sports platform in 2012. Now it has grown into a complete sports betting and entertainment experience in many countries including the US.
- DraftKings claims to be a multi-channel provider of sports betting and gaming technologies. It is powering sports and gaming entertainment for 50+ operators in no less than 17 countries. It claims to be the only American vertically-integrated sports betting operator platform.
- DraftKings is the official DFS partner of the NASCAR, NFL, MLB, and the PGA TOUR. It is also an authorized gaming operator of the NBA and MLB. And it is an official betting operator of the PGA TOUR.
- DraftKings mobile sportsbook for mobile and online betting is available in many US states including in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey, Tennessee and West Virginia.
- DraftKings VA sportsbook launched before the much anticipated Super Bowl LV in January, 2021. It offered all new players in VA a Double Your Money offer valid on any team to score a touchdown.
- Sports bettors in the Commonwealth of Virginia can bet on 250 unique leagues, including popular professional sports, baseball, football, golf, hockey, boxing, soccer, tennis, motorsports and basketball and much more with DraftKings sports betting site and app. Collegiate sports are also available for online betting in VA. However, in-state college teams and college prop bets are not permitted in Virginia.
⭐ DraftKings Sportsbook Promo in Virginia 2022
DraftKings Virginia Sportsbook promo offer is a deposit bonus of $1,000 for sports betting. You get 20% up to $1,000 upon your first deposit. You must make a minimum deposit of $5 to get the free site credits. DraftKings sportsbook welcome bonus amount is equal to 20% of the deposit amount up to a thousand dollars. Click on our link to get the DraftKings VA promotion.
|✏️ DraftKings Virginia Promo Code||CLICK-LINK|
|💰 DraftKings VA Bonus||20% up to $1,000 deposit match|
|💰 Free bets||Bet $5, Win $200 on NBA, NFL, UFC 267 till 8/11/21)|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$5|
|✔️ Wagering Requirement||25x|
|🏛️ DraftKings VA Launch||Jan 24, 2021|
DraftKings Sportsbook VA Promo Explained
You need to keep the following betting terms and conditions in mind while claiming your DraftKings VA online gambling promotion in Virginia.
- You must make a minimum deposit of five dollars ($5) to claim the offer at the VA sportsbook.
- DraftKings sportsbook bonus amount match-up corresponds to 20% of the amount you deposit. So, if you want the full $1,000 bonus amount, you will need to make an initial deposit of $5,000 in your VA betting account. It is not a 100% deposit match offer.
- Sports bettors have 90 days to meet the playthrough requirement at the sportsbook site. After the lapse of 90 days, you are not eligible to get any bonus funds as part of the promo offer.
- Only one deposit bonus per person is valid for the betting promo.
- You must be of legal gambling age limit (21+ betting age limit). You must have a valid US Social Security Number (SSN).
- You must be physically present in the state of Virginia to bet on the DFS sites or sportsbooks. You are free to register your account from any other US state. You can travel to the southeast US state while betting online on a VA-based sportsbook.
- The VA DraftKings $1K promotion offer wagering requirement is 25x. Note the slightly complicated rules: you get $1 bonus funds in your player account in the sportsbook or DFS.
- To get the full benefit maximum bonus of $1K, you will need to play through a total of $25K with odds of -300 or longer.
How to Get DraftKings Sportsbook Bonus
- Create an account online on the website or mobile app.
- Make an initial deposit of at least $5 at the DraftKings online sportsbook.
- Find your favorite sports, teams and odds to bet on.
- Meet the playthrough requirements and all terms.
- Thus, you will get the DraftKings bonus(es). Simple.
To claim the promo offer, don’t forget to go through our referral link. You do not need a DraftKings sportsbook promo code to get the Virginia offer; just clicking the link is enough. You can also check all DraftKings bonus regulations on the ‘active bonus’ page at the betting site.
DraftKings Virginia No Deposit Bonus
No deposit bonus is not there for the VA sportsbook. Online betting sites do not offer no deposit bonuses and free bets as easily as online casinos do because the RTP or return-to-player is often higher at sports betting. We will update this information if there is a no deposit bonus like their online casino in the future.
There is a minimum deposit requirement at the online mobile sportsbook. DraftKings minimum deposit is the well-known $5 sum. But you must not just deposit the minimum sum because you will get a very small deposit match offer with the lowest deposit of $5. Deposit $1 or $4 at the mobile sportsbook and you don’t get the bonus money for online betting.
DraftKings Free Bets
From time to time, DraftKings may advertise promos where it gives free bets. Such bets are usually dependant on a particular activity or sports bettors’ behavior. You can check all such promos at the promotion page. If you have met the terms of such a offer, the free bet will be available in your betting account. Visit the Free Bet / Profit Boost tab of your account.
- To illustrate it with an example, let’s say that you got a $10 free bet for NHL betting. You will find your free bet option in the bet slip when you choose from the selection of NHL game or futures market. You just need to check the box to use your free bet offer.
- Note that free bet offer will have certain restrictions. Free Bets can be used in whole only. You cannot split them in multiple wagers. You must use the whole or higher value.
- You can use only one free bet on the bet slip in an individual betting transaction.
- You cannot use free bets on teasers at the VA sportsbook site.
Retail sports betting is not possible in Virginia as per the state’s sports betting law. You cannot place a bet in-person in Virginia. Do it online at the mobile site or the Android and iOS apps.
Other Sportsbook Promotions
- You will get a number of sportsbooks promos at DraftKings. It is one of the biggest online gambling operators in the US. It has promos for new players and existing players from time to time for player retention and loyalty rewards.
- Free bets, deposit bonuses, profit boosts and Money Back specials (matched free bet up to $100) are some known DraftKings promos given to sports bettors. There are restriction and terms associated with profit boost tokens and money back offers.
Valid Sports Bets in VA
DraftKings Sportsbook sports bettors in Virginia can wager on a huge variety of teams, games, events and sports. Note that some state betting rules do not allow betting and wagering on some atheletic events and sports. The state betting law does not allow wagering on Virginia college teams or games. So you cannot bet online on college teams or games in the state.
⭐ Sports in Virginia
Virginia sportsbook promos and betting market is not so rich with respect to sporting events. The state has many professional teams. However, there are no major-league VA teams. There is no professional sports league franchise within the state borders.
- Washington major-league teams (NFL’s Washington Football and Washington Capitals of NHL) have their headquarter (Ashburn) and training facilities (Richmond) in North Virginia. Past attempts at establishing local stadiums for Washington, D.C. teams in Northern Virginia have been unsuccessful.
- Two mid-level Hockey teams play in VA and so do five minor league baseball teams. Norfolk hosts two of them: ECHL’s Norfolk Admirals and the Triple-A-Norfolk Tides.
- You have many professional caliber golf courses in Virginia. Kingsmill Resort (Williamsburg) hosts an LGPA tour in May. Country Club of Virginia holds a charity on men’s senior tour every October. NASCAR has two Cup Series races on two VA tracks: Martinsville Speedway and Richmond Raceway.
- VA sports culture also includes some marathons held regularly. Richmond Marathon, Blue Ridge Marathon, Monument Avenue 10k are some popular long-distance races.
- VA college sports has attracted a good fan following to compensate for lack of professional sports. Most Virginians are fans of either Virginia Cavaliers or rival Virginia Tech Hokies. You canNOT bet on in-state college sports in Virginia as state funds are not used to promote collegiate sports.
- The state also has university representation in NCAA Division I and Division II Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
- Virginia also has rich high school sports culture. It is home to many top high school basketball programs.
Legal Sports Betting VA
- The state has legalized online sports wagering activity. However, there are some restrictions. As per the Code of Virginia, sports betting would include single game bets, parlays, over-under, moneyline, pools, in-game live wagering, proposition bets, straight bets and so on. Legalization of sports wagering does NOT include a wager on college sports events where a Virginian public or private institution of higher education takes part.
- Prohibited wagers and bets include wagers on youth sports, prop bets on college sports, and bets on Virginia college sports. Wagers on drafts (such as the MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, WNBA) and wagering on results of subjective trophy awards ( MLB Cy Young, MVP, Heisman Trophy) is not permitted.
- Virginians can bet on teams from Washington, D.C., and neighboring states. Such as MLB online betting on teams like the Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles or NBA bets on Washington Wizards, and Charlotte Hornets.
- Virginia sports bettors can use DraftKings website or mobile app to place bets on various sports and events such as football (NFL, CFL, NCAAF, senior bowl), or Australian football, Baseball leagues, Basketball leagues including the NBA and WNBA, boxing, cricket, motorsport, soccer, tennis, and many others.
Bet Types in Virginia
- DraftKings Sportsbook in VA will give you ‘more ways to have skin in the game’. It has a ‘safe and secure’ online betting platform. You can place VA bets with moneylines (odds for ‘who will win’), round robin bets (multiple bets in one trasanction), Parlay bets (multiple outcomes possible), futures (odds for multiple events), Point Spread or Spread betting (+/- handicaps), prop bets, live or in-game betting and other usual betting options.
- You can check out all betting options for your betslip on the DraftKings sportsbook app and website in Virginia. You can bet on a match in progress with live bets.
- College sports betting (featuring in-state collegiate teams) is NOT allowed in the Cavalier state. It is fine if a state college team is not involved.
You must build your bet slip before you can place bets on DraftKings mobile sportsbook in VA.
- All possible bet types are displayed with the latest odds and lines when your add at least one selection to your bet slip.
- You can enter your stake amount for the bet type of your choice. Then you get to to see the possible returns and costs of your bet.
- You get to see the receipt of your bet. You can also access it from the ‘My Bets’ tab in your sportsbook account.
⭐ DraftKings Sportsbook Mobile App
You can download the DraftKings sportsbook app for iOS and Android devices to gamble online on the betting site.
- Google Play Store has certain restrictions for gambling apps downloads. In Virginia, you can download the app directly from the gambling operator website. You will need to allow the option to download apps from unknown sources in your mobile device.
- You can download the iOS mobile app directly from the App Store.
- You can also navigate the site with a website browser on the desktop. You can set screen resolution to 1024 x768 or above for optimal sportsbook pleasure as per their recommendation.
Create Online Sportsbook Account
- Use our link to visit the VA mobile sportsbook and make your new online sports betting account.
- You will be asked the standard registration details, including but not limited to, name, email address, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number (SSN) and so on. You also have to choose a username, password for online security and answer some security questions.
- Real money online gambling sportsbook and casino sites will verify your account as per the federal law.
- Geofencing is a standard rule necessitated by federal laws. It keeps away illegal, offshore sites and ensures safety and patron protection. You must be physically present in Virginia while betting online on DraftKings VA sportsbook. You can however register your account from any other state.
- Your geolocation will be verified by GeoComply software plugin. You cannot use VPN to mask your location.
- GeoComply Player Location Check plugin is especially required if you aren’t using the mobile app or if you don’t have the built-in GPS/Bluetooth location services on phone.
You have to deposit before you can start betting on your favorite teams or sports or leagues. Similarly, you need to cash out your winnings. Both DraftKings Sportsbook & Casino in various states usually have the same deposit methods and account wallet.
- DraftKings Sportsbook in Virginia, being a reputed online betting site, has all the usual and multiple ways for deposits and withdrawals. The various online transaction options are available for both the mobile app and desktop site.
- You can check out the deposit page in your VA bettor account after the login. It will display all your deposit options such as Credit cards, Debit cards, Bank transfer Transfer from DraftKings DFS /Casino (where applicable), VIP preferred echeck/ACH, Play+ card, and PayPal. Note that you have to deposit a minimum of $5 to get the welcome bonus offer in Virginia.
- How can you cash out or withdraw if you win? Bank transfer, Paper check, PayPal are regular withdrawal methods for sports bettors. Note that you will be able to withdraw your winnings and cash through a banking method only if you have deposited through that particular system.
- You can always contact the support team if you have questions about depositing and withdrawing at the sportsbook site. If you want to increase your deposit limit, you can also contact DraftKings Support team for it.
You get Live Chat support, a message option (submit a request) and Email support at DraftKings VA Online sportsbook. You can browse all help center topics for answers to questions (FAQs). You can also request callback for complex questions for sportsbook (and casinos) at DraftKings.
⭐ Conclusion: Why Trust the DraftKings Brand
- It is an established, American-born operator in the online gambling business. Your money and gambling activity is safe and secure as per the law.
- You are not taking a risk by putting money with some offshore, illegal betting site. DraftKings is a reputed name for legal betting, casinos and DFS.
- You bet with a Virginia Lottery licensed sportsbook operator when you use DraftKings betting platform. It prohibits underage gambling.
- DraftKings sports is a real-money, legal betting site operating in the state. It takes privacy and patron protection seriously.
- You get a deposit match bonus to play with as a new sports betting player promo in the state. Apart from the welcome offer, you have all other features players look for in a reputed sportsbook operator app and site.
Responsible gambling and patron protection is in-built in DraftKings operations. It encourages you to set a realistic and affordable gambling budget and set time limts to your online betting activities.
- You can set various limits such as deposit or wagering limit and play time limit in your gambling account. You can also put yourself in the self-exclusion list if you are a problem gambler.
- Self Exclusion, Player Limits, and Cool Off features are all available for bettors.
- What about online poker, casino games and college sports bets in Virginia? Are they legalized?
You cannot bet legally on collegiate sports in Virginia. Also, online casinos have not been legalized. For now, your online gambling options in Virginia include sportsbooks like DraftKings VA, DFS and horse racing platforms.
- Where do I get the DraftKings promo code for sportsbook? Isn't a promo code optional?
Use our affiliate link to visit the legal sports betting site. Make your new account and you get the welcome bonus offer. You do not need a promo code or bonus codes to bet on DraftKings.
- Can I bet on Daily Fantasy Sports with DraftKings sports?
Yes, you can. DraftKings is one of the two biggest players for DFS betting in America.