What is American Express?
American Express is one of the largest banking companies in the world. Amex is known for its high-end credit and debit cards. Dating back to 1850, Amex has more than 110 million cards in use across the globe, with most of it’s business in the United States. The advantages of American Express include:
- Widely Accepted
- Quick Processing Times
- Safe & Secure
- Amex Mobile App
American Express Online Casinos
Only the most high-end NJ online casino brands accept Amex transactions. The good news is, that all these casinos carry enticing welcome bonuses for new customers that register an account using the American Express credit card. You can claim up to $4,500 worth of bonuses by using your Amex at theses online casinos.
|Amex Casino||Bonus||Available States|
|DraftKings||100% up to $1,500||NJ, MI, WV|
|BetMGM||100% up to $1,000||NJ only|
|Caesars||100% up to $1,000||NJ only|
|Golden Nugget||100% up to $1,000 + 200 free spins||NJ only|
|PartyCasino||100% up to $1,000 + 25 free spins||NJ only|
Using Amex for Online Gambling
You can use your American Express to play online casino games in New Jersey. However, it is only accepted by some of the most high-end brands operating in the Garden State. Due to higher vendor fees, most online casinos outside of New Jersey don’t take Amex as a payment method. However, you can still use American Express in conjuction with PayPal deposits.
How to Deposit at a Online Casino Using Amex
Online casino deposits with Amex card are very easy and only take a few minutes. You can make these deposits anywhere and even use your mobile phone if connection with the Amex app:
- Find an online casino accepting Amex deposits from BonusFinder US and make sure you have your American Express credit card available
- Log in and go to the Cashier section at your casino’s website or mobile app
- Choose American Express from the list of deposit options
- Fill out the required details such as card number, holder name, and expiry date
- Enter the sum you want to deposit. If you are depositing for the first time, make sure you make the minimum deposit required to grab the casino bonus
- You will receive a SMS message to your phone for confirming the transaction. Enter this code on the casino website
- Now you’re all set. The money will be transferred instantly to your casino account and you can start playing real money slots, table games, and live dealer games.
Withdrawing from an Online Casino using Amex
Once you’ve claimed your bonus, and won some money, it’s time to make a withdrawal. Amex online casinos have withdrawals that are fast and easy, and the processing time usually varies between 24 and 72 hours, after the casino has reviewed your withdrawal request (which usually happens in hours). When you want to make a withdrawal, follow these simple steps.
- Sign in and navigate to the cashier section
- Choose Amex as a withdrawal method
- Choose the amount you want to witdhraw
- Verify the withdrawal and wait for the transfer to be processed
Workaround – Use Amex & PayPal to Fund Your Account
If you want to use your Amex card and play at a casino or state that has not been listed above, there is an easy solution. By funding your PayPal account with Amex, you can transfer money to any of the vast number of PayPal Casinos in the US. The process is fast and simple, and only has few extra steps.
How to Fund your PayPal account with Amex for Online Gambling
The first thing you need to do, is to set up a PayPal account. The process is quite simple, and is thoroughly explained on the payment provider’s website. Therefore, we’ll only explain how to add your American Express card and deposit to an online casino using it in conjuction with PayPal.
- Create a PayPal Account
- Connect your Amex to PayPal, from Payment Methods on the PayPal page or app
- Add money from your credit card to your PayPal balance
- Log in to an online casino site, go to Cashier, and deposit using PayPal
When you want to withdraw your winnings, just follow the same methodology as you would do for Amex. Even better, PayPal wihtdrawals are typically a bit faster than those directly to your American Express card.
Is Amex Safe for Online Gambling?
Amex is one of the safest online casino payment methods, even when used in conjuction with PayPal. They have enabled two-factor authenticator, which means that in addition to your card details, you also need a unique code sent to your phone every time you try to pay online. Therefore, you’re money is safe even if your credit card is stolen.
The only concern in regards to using credit cards is privacy. The online casino name will appear on your banking statement. However, this can be easily worked around if you choose to use the PayPal method outlined above. Then only the e-wallet will appear on your banking statement.
Other Similar Payment Methods
If you don’t own an Amex, or don’t want to use American Express with PayPal, don’t worry. There are a lot of payment methods commonly accepted by real money online casinos that you can use.
- Play+ Prepaid Cards: Almost every casino has a prepaid card. Loading funds into your prepaid card is the easiest way to gamble online. You can see the best bonuses from our Play+ Casinos page.
- ACH / E-Checks: E-checks are electronically signed checks that work like regular checks, just online. ACH Casinos are widely available throughout the legal gambling states.
- PayPal: PayPal is widely accepted in the US. See the instructions on how to use the payment method higher up on this page.
- Visa / MasterCard: Visa and MasterCard are the other popular credit cards in addition to the Amex card. They are more widely available, and are accepted by all US online casinos.
Conclusion – How American Express Compares Against Other Online Casino Payment Methods
Amex is one of the safest online payment methods. It has a good reputation and it is a well known payment provider, which you can always trust. How does it compare against other payment methods though?
- Safety (A+): Amex along with Visa and MasterCard is the safest payment method there is. As long as you don’t give out your card and your phone to someone else, your money will always be safe.
- Fees (A+): There are no additional fees for using Amex payments. However, the same is true for most other banking methods as well.
- Availability (C-): American Express can only be used at a few casinos, most of which are located in New Jersey.
- Privacy (B-): If you want Privacy, you should either use PayPal or PayNearMe, as the casino will always appear on your credit card bill when using Amex.
- Processing Times (A): Deposits are instant with Amex, and withdrawals are among the fastest around. They can’t bet Play+ cards for speed though.
- Bonuses (B-): Your not excluded from any bonuses when using Amex. However, you don’t get special deals or cashback rewards like some other deposit methods do.
- Ease of Use (A-): American Express is very easy to use. However, once again, they can’t compete with Play+ Cards in this regard.
- Is Amex safe for online casino payments?
- Is American Express a good payment method?
- How do I deposit to an online casino using Amex?
- Which online casinos accept Amex payments?