Maryland online sports betting is moving closer to its official launch date, as the SWARC has announced that Maryland bettors might be able to place their first bets during the 2023 Super Bowl.
Maryland gambling market will host up to 60 online sports betting operators. For now, the application process hasn’t started yet. However, there is information that will shed light on what brands will launch in Maryland.
So far, the biggest online sports betting operators in the US have already announced their partnerships with land-based operators. Consequently, it is expected that all of them will feature a mobile betting platform. Here is the list of possible sports betting sites and apps that we will see in Maryland in 2023.
- BetMGM Sportsbook – MGM Resorts International is an important player in the Maryland gambling market. Nowadays, sports bettors can wager in MGM National Harbor Casino, and as soon as online sports betting goes live, they will be able to bet from the comfort of their own homes through the BetMGM Maryland app.
- Caesars Sportsbook – Currently, Caesars Maryland features a retail sports betting option through their land-based partner Horseshoe Casino Baltimore. The brand is expected to launch its sports wagering app during winter 2023.
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Maryland sports fans already know DraftKings as a DFS provider, so the chances are quite high that DraftKings Maryland will expand its activities to online sports betting. The brand has already gotten access to the Maryland gambling market through the partnership with the Baltimore Ravens, so you should keep an eye on the official launch date.
- FanDuel Sportsbook – Another well-known gambling brand in Maryland due to its available DFS platform. The partnership with Live! Casino & Hotel has made it possible for FanDuel to launch the sports betting app in Maryland.
- PointsBet Sportsbook – In 2021, PointsBet entered an exclusive partnership with the Riverboat on the Potomac, an off-track betting facility. Both sports betting site and app are expected to go live by the end of winter 2023.
- Barstool Sportsbook – In addition to the already present retail sportsbook, which is available at the Hollywood Casino Perryville, Maryland bettors can expect a launch of Barstool sports betting app in 2023.
- BetRivers Sportsbook – In August 2022, BetRivers announced the partnership with Bingo World in Baltimore. Maryland sports bettors can expect the BetRivers sports betting app to launch by February 2023, as well as three off-track betting sites.
- Fanatics Sportsbook – One of the recent sportsbooks to receive approval from the Maryland Lottery. For now, the official land-based partner hasn’t been announced yet. However, Washington Commanders is considered to be one of the possible partners in Maryland.
The list might change as the application process hasn’t started yet. However, all of the announced partnerships of the sportsbooks show a solid intention to launch their online wagering products as soon as online sports betting goes live in Maryland. Stay tuned to find out about new players that will launch in MD and their bonuses for Maryland bettors, as there could be up to 60 online betting operators.