- ⭐ Michigan Sportsbook Promos 2023
- ⭐ Best Michigan Sportsbook Promos
- ⭐ Top Rated Michigan Online Sports Betting Sites June 2023
- ⭐ Betting Odds
- ⭐ Betting Markets
- ⭐ How to Bet at MI Sportsbooks
- ⭐ Retail Betting in Michigan
- ⭐ Michigan Gambling Laws: Legalization Timeline
- ⭐ Conclusion: Online Sports Gambling
⭐ Michigan Sportsbook Promos 2023
Online sports betting is legal in Michigan. Michigan is one of the largest states in the US. MI Online Betting has all the popular gambling and betting brands including the DraftKings sportsbook, BetMGM MI sportsbook, FanDuel, FOX Bet, Caesars sportsbook, WynnBET, BetRivers, and the Golden Nugget. You can bet online with any of these MI mobile sports betting sites as long as you are in the state of Michigan while playing online.
|MI Sportsbook Company||Bonus Offer||MI Casino Partner|
|BetMGM Sportsbook / Roar Digital||$1K bonus bets paid back for 1st wager loss||MGM Grand Detroit|
|PointsBet MI||5 x $50 2nd Chance Offer bonus bets||Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians|
|Sports Illustrated Sportsbook Michigan||Bet $20, Win $100||Island Casino & Resort|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Michigan||20% up to $1K bonus bets||Bay Mills Indian Community|
|Barstool MI / Penn||$10 free + $1K bonus bets||Greektown Casino|
|Golden Nugget MI||$250 Free bets||Keewenaw Bay Indian Community|
|BetRivers / Rush Street||up to $500 free bet (2nd chance free bet)||Little River Band of Ottawa Indians|
|FanDuel||bet $5 get $150 bonus bets||Motorcity Casino|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$1,250 on Caesars||Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians|
|WynnBET Sportsbook||Bet $100, Get $100 Free Bet||Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians|
|FOX Bet Sportsbook||$50 Bonus Bet||Odawa Casino|
|Play Gun Lake||$750 bonus bets||Gun Lake tribal casino|
|FireKeepers Casino||100% up to $500 Real Money Wager Match||FireKeepers tribal casino|
|Four Winds||200% up to $200 bonus bets||Four Winds tribal casino|
⭐ Best Michigan Sportsbook Promos
Michigan is a huge sports betting market with more than 8,5 million inhabitants. The state has many legal online sportsbooks offering a variety of features and benefits given the competition. BonusFinder lists the best sportsbook bonuses and explains what they mean. In some cases, you may not receive the bonus if your bet wins. In some cases, you get them whether your bet wins or loses. Best Michigan sportsbook bonuses that Michigan bettors can claim are listed below. Read the offer terms carefully.
- Free Bets: You get free bets in your account. Free bets give you site credits matching your first wager whether your bet loses or wins. You keep the winnings, but not the stake. A bit similar to no deposit free bets.
- Bonus Bets & Risk Free sports betting bonuses: You get your money credited back to your sportsbook account, or a matched free bet if your very first bet loses. Your losses are covered up to a certain cap for a certain time period as part of deposit match offer. Risk free bets are increasingly being replaced by bonus bet offers.
- Deposit Matches: You get credited with an amount matching a certain percentage of your deposit. BetRivers (Little River Casino Resort) had an MI deposit match for new bettors, for example.
Some legal online sportsbooks require you to insert promo codes when you make your first deposit or when you register an account on your preferred or best Michigan sports betting app. If you fail to insert this affiliate code, you will not get your bonus bets or any other Michigan sportsbook bonuses.
|MI Legal Online Sportsbook||Bonus||Bonus Code|
|PointsBet Online Sportsbook||5 x $50 2nd Chance Offer||Use our Link|
|BetMGM||$1K betting bonus||BONUSMGM|
|Caesars Sportsbook Michigan||$1,250 on Caesars||FINDERFULL|
How to Claim Sportsbook Promos
The process to claim them and start betting online is simple and easy. Here is what you need to bet with MI promotions.
- Click on the green button link for your favorite Michigan Sportsbook betting bonus in the state. That is once you have made up your mind on the offer to grab.
- You will be guided to the Michigan sportsbook bonuses page. Make your new Michigan online sportsbook account on the betting site. Don’t forget to enter the code with some mobile sports betting operators if needed.
- Satisfy the terms and conditions and enjoy the award as you bet on in Michigan on your favorite sports, leagues or sports bets.
- All these bonuses sound so incredibly generous, but they come with online wager requirements. Before you can withdraw your new user bonus cash, you need to wager through it a set number of times. For online sportsbooks, this amount varies between 1x and 10x for the amount you get. The lowest wagering requirement is BetRivers Sportsbook 1x.
Promotions for Existing Customers
Mich sports betting ongoing promos are the most effective customer retention tool a sportsbook has given the competition. These offers allow sports bettors to make extra money or avoid risk. A good betting site refreshes these offers regularly and targets plenty of them at special events like the Super Bowl, MLB season, or NFL betting bonuses.Note that these promotions are often different from the welcome promos. You can claim Michigan online sportsbook bonuses and bet credits as a loyal and existing player.
- Reload bonuses for Michigan’s legal online sports betting sportsbooks
- Profit boosts
- Bet credits
- Bonus Bets
- Daily Odds boosts (competitive odds)
- Parlay boosts (same game parlay)
- Free bet offers at Michigan’s legal online sportsbooks
- Refer-a-Friend for free betting promos
- Sports league related promos
- Insurance promos
- And many more options, range, and selections
⭐ Top Rated Michigan Online Sports Betting Sites June 2023
With a state population of just about ten million people, Michigan gambling sites offer online sports betting. BonusFinder list all the legal MI sportsbook sites that you can bet on in the state. You also get to know about the various promotions offered by these sites. Note that you need to be physically present within the MI state borders to bet and play on a legal sports betting site. Sports betting is officially authorized at the state’s tribal casinos and commercial casinos.
1.⭐ BetMGM Sportsbook
- BetMGM sportsbook in Michigan had quite a head start in the state due to MGM Grand Detroit retail sportsbook site (betting kiosks). After internet based betting was legalized in January 2021, they opened the BetMGM online sportsbook.
- From welcome bonus to loyalty program and reward programs, all sports betting markets, and mobile app, BetMGM has everything a sports bettor expects from a good betting site. It is indeed the top sportsbook in the Michigan betting landscape.
- BetMGM Michigan promo code is FINDER100. BetMGM has the perfect avenue for entering Michigan sports betting through one of the three Detroit Casinos, MGM one giving them a head start. They give new players a maximum of $1,000 bonus bets for the Roar Digital powered sportsbook. With the 2023 baseball promotion offer, you will get $100 in instant bonus bets with a $10 money line wager on a March basketball team.
|✏️ BetMGM MI Promo Code||✅ FINDER100|
|💰 Sportsbook Bonus||✅ Bet $10 Get $100 Bonus Bets Instantly|
|⭐ Rules||✅ 4x$50 bonus bets|
|✔️ Wagering Requirements||✅ 1x Only|
|⭐ Minimum Deposit for Betting||✅ $10 wager|
|⚡ MI Sportsbook Apps||✅ Yes (iOS, Android phones)|
|✔️ Best For:||✅ Mobile Wagering|
2.⭐ PointsBet Sportsbook
- PointsBet took decisive action by being the first sportsbook to obtain a Major League Baseball when they partnered with the Detroit Tigers.
- PointsBet gives you a total of 5 x $50 2nd Chance Offer. You get a maximum of $250 bet credits over 5 days subject to terms.
- If your first Fixed Odds cash bet of the day wins, you are not eligible for the second chance bet credit.
- PointsBet betting in Michigan welcome promo earlier was a total two risk free betting offer up to $2,000 ($500 for standard betting and $1,500 for pointsbetting wager). That promo is no more avaiable.
- PointsBet app and site in Michigan also has a number of online sportsbook promotions like the Karma Kommittee, partial cashout, parlay booster, boost of the week, and Name a Bet. PointsBet mobile app matches the PointsBet site in functionality.
- PointsBet MI partner is the Lake Superior Chippewa Indians who own and operate the Northern Water Casino Resort.
|PointsBet MI Sportsbook Code||Use our link|
|Sportsbook Sign Up Bonus||5 x $50 2nd Chance Offer|
|Best For:||Sports Betting in Michigan|
3.⭐ Caesars Sportsbook Michigan
- Caesars Entertainment reputation as a prominent gaming brand comes from its flagship locations in Las Vegas and around the world.
- Caesars sportsbook took a big step by launching two retail sportsbooks (brick and mortar casinos) in the state in September with Grand Traverse Bay Band.
- Caesars sportsbook has tons of promotions for new and loyal Michigan bettors, including but not limited to free betting, Gift wrap up points, profit boosts, free NFK Jersey, refer a friend and earn free bet, and so on.
|💰 Caesars MI Promo Code||FINDERFULL|
|🎖️ Caesars Sportsbook Betting Bonus||$1,250 On Caesars|
|✔️ Awarded as||a bet credit (1st wager $10)|
|🏛️ Land-based Partner||Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel, MI|
|🏛️ Mobile Sports Betting App||Yes (Android, iOS)|
|⭐ Valid in||Michigan Sports Betting Market; Other Caesars states|
4.⭐ Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Golden Nugget is the first Atlantic City casino to branch out to other states. Golden Nugget Michigan is mainly focused on casino games but it also has full-fledged betting lines.
- Golden Nugget $250 free bet is worth considering. There is no promo code for its MI gambling offer. Use our link to claim it.
- The betting site has tons of promos for customers such as Golden lines odds boosts, parlay boosts, yearly race, golden offers and low vig.
|☀️ Golden Nugget Michigan Sportsbook||Sportsbook Bonus Money|
|⚜️ First Deposit Match||$250 Free Bet|
|⚜️ Free Bet Wagering Requirements||1x|
|⚜️ Qualifying Wager||Minimum odds - 200|
|⌛ Validity||14 days from award of free bet|
|⚜️ Online Sportsbook App||Yes (iOS, Android)|
5.⭐ DraftKings Sportsbook
- DraftKings is making an aggressive push to every legalized sports wagering market available inlcuding in online betting landscape. After making a big name for themselves with the DFS betting success, DraftKings is arguably the biggest name in online gaming in America.
- They are expanding their casino and sportsbook business constantly to newly legalized states. The DraftKings Sportsbook bonus, however, is not that great.
- Although they give you a $1K deposit match bonus bets, it is only a 20% match, meaning that you need to deposit $6,000 to claim the maximum amount in Michigan and other states where they operate.
- There is no online sportsbooks promo code for the said offer. Click on our exclusive link in the toplist and you will be directed to the registration page to claim the welcome offer and join DraftKings sportsbook.
- DraftKings operates in partnership with the Bay Mills Indian Community who own the Bay Mills Resort & Casino.
|DraftKings MI Betting Promotion||20% up to $1K deposit match|
|Wagering Requirements||25x Betting|
|Minimum Deposit to Bet||$5|
|Sports Offered||NFL games, NBA, MLS, NHL, MLB, UFC and more|
|MI Betting Mobile Apps||Yes (Android, iOS)|
|DraftKings States||NJ, MI, VA, PA, CO, IA, WV, IL, IN, TN, NH, WY|
|Best For:||MI Betting Online|
6.⭐ WynnBET Sportsbook
- WynnBET Michigan casino and betting site is popular and has carved a niche for itself among online gamblers.
- Wynn sports or WynnBET was a newcomer in the US gambling market, but they entered Michigan legal sports betting with a bang giving new players a Bet $100, Get $100 Free Bet Offer.
- They are known for aggressive casino and sportsbook promotions as they expand to more US states. Wynn Resorts Holding is an official partner of NASCAR.
- Michigan bettors can bet on any major American sport ranging from MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA to college football (Michigan college sports teams) and the Michigan State Spartans or on major sports from all over the world.
|WynnBET MI Sign-up Welcome||Bet $100, Get $100 Free Bet|
|Time Limit||10 days|
|Odds||Between -150 and +10,000|
|Bonus Code||None Needed, Use our Link|
|Mobile Betting App||Yes (iOS, Android)|
|Best For:||MI Betting Online|
7.⭐ FanDuel Sportsbook
- FanDuel sportsbook partnership with MotorCity Casino Hotel gives FanDuel the advantage in retail sportsbook gambling, and they make headway with their online sportsbook bonus as well. Bettors can visit the MotorCity casino to place bets in an exclusively designed area in the reputed casino site.
- FanDuel gives new bettors a first bet offer which can be claimed for the first bet with a first deposit of $10 and a minimum deposit of $5.
- FanDuel Sportsbook gives new players a Bet $5 Get $150 welcome bonus bets.
- Click the green button and claim your bonus on the sportsbook webpage you are directed to. Your first bet at the sportsbook does not entail any risk.
- FanDuel is an excellent betting choice among all Michigan sports betting apps.
|⚾ FanDuel sportsbook MI Signup Bonus||Bet $5 Get $150 bonus bets|
|⚽ How to get Bonus||Use our link|
|🏀 Sportsbook Wagering Requirement||1x|
|🏈 Sports Available||NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, Soccer, more|
|🏈 Sportsbook Mobile App||Yes (Android, iOS)|
|🏈 Best For:||Mobile sports betting|
8.⭐ BetRivers Sportsbook
- BetRivers Online Sportsbook offer is called the 2nd chance free bet. You get a maximum of $500 in free bet as a new customer if your first bet loses. What is interesting and exciting that the playthrough requirement is only 1x.
- The Little River Band of Ottawa Indians operates the Little River Casino and Resort located at Manistee, MI 49660. They are the partners of BetRivers in the state who also help them with retail sports betting at River Rock Sportsbook & Grill.
|BetRivers Bonus Code 2023||SPORTS|
|Rivers Sportsbook Bonus||up to $500 free bet|
|Sports Available||NFL, NBA, MLB, WNBA, UFC, soccer, tennis, NASCAR, golf, college football, NHL college basketball & more|
9.⭐ FOX Bet Sportsbook
- Their online sports betting in Michigan offer is a $50 risk free bet. You need to deposit a minimum of $10. Wagering requirement is only 1x for the sportsbook promo.
- The FoxBet brand and Stars Group in Michigan (PokerStars) have collaborated for the online sportsbook. The MI retail partner is Odawa casino.
- It also has a sportsbook mobile app for Michiganders. FOX Bet sportsbooks promotions include personalized bets, free bet offers, super boost happy hour on Fridays, fan decided boosts, Saturday bet boosts etc.
|💰 Michigan Betting Bonus||$50 Risk Free First Bet|
|✏️ FOXBet Sportsbook Bonus Code||USE-OUR-LINK|
|⚾ Minimum Odds||-200|
|🏷️ Paid As||Free First Bet|
|🏛️ MI Casino Partner||Odawa Online Casino|
|🏛️ Mobile App for Betting||Yes (iOS, Android)|
|⚾ Best For:||Michigan Sports Betting|
10.⭐ Barstool Sportsbook
- Penn National Gaming owns Barstool Sports and the Greektown Casino, one of the state’s three casinos that are commercially run. David Portnoy’s Barstool has come a long way and now it is a gambling name to reckon with.
- Barstool Michigan sports betting offer has a $10 no deposit and $1,000 risk free bet for new players. There is no code needed for Barstool sportsbook Michigan promo. T&Cs apply.
|Barstool Bonus Michigan||Up to $1,000 risk-free bet|
|No Deposit money||$10|
|Free Money||$5 for app customization upon sign up|
|Sportsbook Promo Code||N/A, use our link|
|Wagering of Bet||1x|
|Casino Partner Michigan||Greektown Casino|
|Sportsbook Mobile App||Yes|
|Best For:||Michigan bettors|
⭐ Betting Odds
BonusFinder provides you with Michigan sportsbooks odds. Bettors can bet on Major League Baseball (MLB) or on team futures bets such as on the National Football League (NFL).
Odds for Detroit Lions
Michigan sports fans will root for Detroit Lions in the NFL matches. Here are the odds for Detroit Lions vs. New England Patriots match scheduled on 9 October 2022.
|BetMGM||NE Patriots -145
DET Lions +120
|NE Patriots -3 -105
DET Lions +3 -115
|U 46.5 -110
O 46.5 -110
|DraftKings||NE Patriots -155
DET Lions +135
|NE Patriots -3 -105
DET Lions +3 -115
|U 46.5 -110
O 46.5 -110
|FanDuel||NE Patriots -166
DET Lions +140
|NE Patriots -3 -110
DET Lions +3 -110
|U 46.5 -110
O 46.5 -110
|Unibet||NE Patriots -162
DET Lions +133
|NE Patriots -3 -112
DET Lions +3 -109
|U 45.5 -112
O 45.5 -109
Detroit Lions Super Bowl Odds
Detroit Lions Super Bowl 2023 odds are not looking good. They are certainly not a favorite and will need to work a lot on their game to have a chance at winning the Super Bowl LVII.
|Sportsbook||Conference Winner||Super Bowl Winner|
⭐ Betting Markets
Michigan sports betting market is rich and varied with a variety of selection, range, and choices. An MI bettor has many options to bet on teams and events related to the state or to bet on events and tournaments from all over the world.
- Major league sports teams in Michigan include the Detroit Tigers (baseball), Detroit Lions (football team), Detroit Red Wings (ice hockey team), and the Detroit Pistons men’s basketball team. All major pro league Michigan teams play in the Detroit area.
- Michigan market offers several lucrative instate betting options and competitive odds for sport bettors. There are four Motor City teams in professional sports leagues and a number of other options. In addition to popular teams in Michigan, you can find many international sporting events and leagues from MI online sportsbooks.
- College Sports betting also presents a rich picture in the state. Popular college sports teams include the Lake Superior State Lakers, Western Michigan Broncos, Michigan State Spartans, Central Michigan Chippewas, Eastern Michigan Eagles, Ferris State Bulldogs, Grand Valley State Lakers, and others.
Sports in Michigan
The state has a rich sports history and culture. The wagering activity in the state also revolves around the favorite home teams and neighboring teams during the NFL season, baseball, or basketball.
|Football||Detroit Lions (NFL betting)
Central Michigan Chippewas (NCAA Div 1)
Eastern Michigan Eagles (NCAA Div 1)
Michigan Wolverines (NCAA tournmanet Div 1)
|NHL Betting||Detroit Red Wings (NHL)|
|Basketball||Detroit Pistons (NBA betting)
Detroit Mercy Titans (NCAA Div 1)
Oakland Golden Grizzlies (NCAA betting Div 1)
Western Michigan Broncos (NCAA Div 1)
|Baseball Betting||Detroit Tigers (MLB betting)|
|College Athletics||Michigan State Spartans|
The Motor City dominates professional sports leagues within state lines, but there are several interesting college sporting events for sports wagering as well. Both the Michigan Wolverines and the Michigan State Spartans made the men’s basketball tournament in March 2019.
Sports To Bet On
Michiganders can bet on a variety of sports and leagues from the various sports gaming applications called Michigan sportsbook apps. You can see all the details of available professional and amateur sports and other information on the sportsbook website or bookmaker app once you login.
- Cross Country
- Formula 1
- Rugby Union
- International sports
- A-Z Sports (list)
Types of Online Bets
There is no express prohibition on certain wagers with online sportsbooks in Michigan. The MI wagering regulation suggests that “sports betting includes, but is not limited to, single-game bets, teaser bets, parlays (parlay bets), over-under, money line, pools, exchange betting, in-game betting, in-play bets, proposition bets (props), and straight bets.” As Michigan sports market and MI gambling industry is huge, you easily get the following bet types to be offered on each internet sports betting platform.
- Moneyline bets – You bet on the winner in your bet slip
- Spread Bets – You bet on the winning margin (spreads)
- Parlay Bet – Parlays are combinations of multiple online sports bets in the bet slip (same game parlays)
- Teaser Bet – Two bet Parlay (combine two or more games with enhanced odds)
- Over/Unders (Totals Bets) – Bet’s on total number of points scored; predict the combined total score of the teams on SI Sportsbook Michigan or other sportsbook apps
- Player Prop Bets – Bets on a player’s performance in the sport or on specific events in a match
- Parlays and Accumulators (tie many wagers together; all legs of your bet must win for your parlay bet to win)
- Live Betting – In-play betting or in game wagering, where you bet on sports relayed live. Note that odds are dynamic when you bet live on sports.
⭐ How to Bet at MI Sportsbooks
There are some formalities to fulfil once you have decided your preferred MI betting app or site. The process is very simple and all you need to do is make your new account as per federal and state regulations. All legal sportsbooks will require you to create and verify your new account. We explain the process here in some detail so that your betting journey at mobile sportsbooks is smooth.
Register a New Account
Before you can start playing and sportsbetting, you need to create an online sports betting account. All legit Michigan sportsbooks will gather your personal information in order to verify your identity. The most commonly required fields for sportsbook accounts are listed below:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number (SSN, last 4 digits)
- Email address
- Home address
- Zip code
- Mobile phone number
- Age verification
- User name
- Answer security questions
Michigan online sportsbooks offer multiple deposit and withdrawal methods. All the deposit methods are instant, but withdrawals take some time, because the betting sites need to verify every withdrawal. Prepaid cards and Cash at the Cage are the quickest methods, whereas PayPal is the most discreet.
|MI Betting Banking Method||Deposits||Withdrawals||Withdrawal Time|
|Cash at the Casino Cage||Yes||Yes||1 - 4 hours|
|Prepaid Card||Yes||Yes||2 - 6 hours|
|PayPal||Yes||Yes||2 - 3 days|
|ACH/E-checks||Yes||Yes||3 - 5 days|
|Bank Transfer (bank account)||Yes||No||N/A|
|PayNearMe by 7-Eleven||Yes||No||N/A|
Betting Apps in Michigan
Sports betting apps in Michigan are available for both Android and iOS devices. You can download the mobile app suitable for your phone and bet from the apps. However, Google Play Store doesn’t approve real money Michigan online sports betting apps everywhere, so Android users may need to initiate downloads directly from the internet. iOS users can download directly from the Apple Store.
Downloading the betting apps in Michigan is totally optional as you can always bet and make your bet slip on the desktop or browser website.
Michigan sports betting operator will use geolocation software, ensuring that you do not use sports betting apps outside of state borders. To avoid problems with GeoComply plugin, we recommend connecting to Wi-Fi.
You must be physically present in the state while betting. You can play from anywhere in the state for a smooth experience on any mobile device or desktop computer. You can create your new account from any state in the US and travel to Michigan state, if needed.
MI online Sports betting age limit is 21+. You need to be at least 21 years old before you can use legal gambling sites. Your age will be verified with documentation.
Responsible gaming is an essential feature of legalized gambling in America. All MI betting sites like BetMGM or DraftKings give users responsible gaming controls in their account. Players can set deposit limits and control their wagering limits if gambling goes out of hand. Also, bettors can choose to put themselves on the self-exclusion list if needed.
MI Betting customers have access to support while they are playing at Michigan’s legal online sportsbooks. All legal sites have a customer care team and webpage for Michigan sports betting FAQ. You also have access to phone number, live chat and email support at Michigan’s legal online sportsbooks.
You can ask questions and seek clarification when needed by sending a message to the support team. Do you have a question about promo offer, wagering rules, payment method or any other aspect of the sports gambling? Well, write to the customer service and get the matter resolved.
All gambling sites are licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board. They have to adhere to certain standards including fair play, transparent standards, patrol protection, online security, and customer satisfaction as the policy and rules of the sports betting license.
⭐ Retail Betting in Michigan
With three commercial casinos and 23 tribal casinos, Michigan sports bettors will never be limited to just online betting or casino gaming. Tribal casinos in Michigan also have the option of offering online sports betting which is geo-restricted to ‘Indian Lands’. Gun Lake, Four Winds, FireKeepers and Four Winds have already launched online sportsbook and casino gambling.
|MI Casino||City||County||Retail Locations (Address)|
|Bay Mills Resort & Casino||Brimley||Chippewa||11386 West Lakeshore Drive|
|FireKeepers Casino Hotel||Battle Creek||Calhoun||11177 East Michigan Ave|
|Four Winds New Buffalo||New Buffalo||Berrien||11111 Wilson Road|
|Four Winds Hartford||Hartford||Van Burren||68600 Red Arrow Highway|
|Four Winds Dowagiac||Dowagiac||Cass||58700 M-51 South|
|Greektown Casino Hotel||Detroit||Wayne||555 East Lafayette Street|
|Gun Lake Casino||Wayland||Allegan||1123 129th Ave|
|Island Resort & Casino||Bark River||Delta||W 399 US-2|
|Kewadin Casinos Christmas||Christmas||Alger||N7761 Candy Cane Ln|
|Kewadin Casino Hessel||Hessel||Mackinac||N3 Mile Rd|
|Kewadin Casino Manistique||Manistique||Schoolcraft||5630 W, US-2|
|Kewadin Hotel & Convention Center||Saul Sainte Marie||Chippewa||2186 Shunk Rd|
|Kewadin Shores Casino||St Ignace||Mackinac||3015 Mackinac Trail|
|Kings Club Casino||Brimley||Chippewa||12140 West Lakeshore Drive|
|Leelanau Sands Casino||Suttons Bay||Leelanau||2521 N West Bay Shore|
|Little River Casino Resort||Manistee||Manistee||2700 Orchard Hwy|
|MGM Grand Detroit||Detroit||Wayne||1777 Third Street|
|MotorCity Casino Hotel||Detroit||Wayne||2901 Grand River Avenue|
|Northern Waters Casino Resort||Watersmeet||Emmet||N5384 US-45|
|Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Casino Resort||Petoskey||Emmet||1760 Lears Rd|
|Ojibwa Casino Marquette||Marquette||Marquette||105 Acre Trail|
|Ojibwa Casino Resort Baraga||Baraga||Baraga||16449 Michigan Ave|
|Saganing Ealges Landing Casino||Standish||Arenac||2690 Worth Rd|
|Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort||Mt Pleasant||Isabella||6800 Soaring Eagle Blvd|
|Turtle Creek Casino||Williamsburg||7741 M-72 East||Grand Traverse|
⭐ Michigan Gambling Laws: Legalization Timeline
Sports betting in the state did not had a flying start due to unforeseen circumstances that affected business globally. But it picked up pace later as sports betting launched and legal gambling expanded. BonusFinder recounts the journey of betting legislation in the wolverine state.
- In the year 1984, Fred Dakota of the Keweenaw Bay Indian Tribe had challenged the state’s right to regulate tribal gaming options. The tribal casino market started with a single Blackjack table casino.
- November, 1996: MI voters approved what is called Proposal E for what are the three commercial casinos in Detroit, Michigan. In July, 1996 MGM Grand Detroit opened a temporary casino. That was a first for a casino in the state.
- Michigan Gaming Control and Revenue Act (1996) contained the state’s gambling legislation. It defined what was allowed in gambling games but ‘sports betting’ gambling activity was missing a mention.
- Robert Kosowski of the Michigan House of Representatives had made an effort way back in 2015 to legalize Sports betting even before the Supreme Court had struck off PASPA (Professional & Amateur Sports Protection Act). He had introduced the state’s sports betting law (H4669 for casinos and H 4670 for wagering and simul cast horse racing).
- He introduced another sports betting bill in 2016. The bills remained at committee level discussions but he certainly got the conversation started.
- In 2018, a bill was passed which could have made legal sports betting possible. The said bill gave Michigan Gaming Control Board the legal authority to permit and regulate internet gambling operators. However, it was vetoed by Gov Rick Snyder.
- Things changed in December 2019 when governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the sports betting law. Online gambling and sports betting was legalized throughout the state. Mobile sports betting was allowed as well as betting at physical casinos and tribal casinos got the green signal. Mobile casino gaming was also legalized in the wolverine state.
- Lawful Sports Betting Act became the law in 2019 and Michigan was the 9th state to approve licensed sports betting. Legal sports betting industry is a reality. Internet casinos, online poker and Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) are also legal in the state as part of the whole package of gaming bills.
- The state now has online lottery option, online sportsbooks, online poker, no less than 23 tribal casino operators, commercial casinos in Detroit, and two race tracks for horse betting. State betting tax is at 8.4%.
⭐ Conclusion: Online Sports Gambling
After a four-year process, legal sports betting Michigan became a reality when Gov Gretchen Whitmer signed the Lawful Internet Gaming Act & Lawful Sports Betting Act into law. The Michigan Gaming Control Board regulators launched online gambling on January 22nd 2021.
The story of legal sports betting in Michigan has begun. The state is quite open minded when it comes to legal online gambling, sports betting laws, casino games and online gambling. Even the Michigan Lottery has online lottery games.
With a market of 8,5 million people, several major league sports teams and a strong land based casino culture, Michigan online betting is going to keep growing. Soaring Eagle may be the next gambling site to launch online with betting bonuses.
The sports betting handle of the state has touched $500 million in November, 2021. The wolverine state is the fifth in the US to generate more than $500m in retail and online total sports bets over one month. It is a new sports betting revenue record for Michiganders and that is a piece of great news on Michigan sports betting update.
Last updated: 06/01/2023
1️⃣ Can you bet on sports online in Michigan?
Yes. Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the bill legalizing sports betting presence in Michigan on December 20, 2019. Online sportsbooks finally opened their doors more than a year later, on January 22nd 2021. Bet on any legal site listed on this page with sign-up deals.
2️⃣ Can I place bets in Michigan using a VPN?
Don’t do this. To comply with state law set by the Michigan Gaming Control Board, sportsbooks will track your location with geolocation software. Is betting legal in Michigan? Yes, but only if done legally.
For years, gamers have used VPNs to defeat these measures. However, sportsbooks are aware of this, so they constantly check for IPs associated with these programs. If you are caught using one, your account may be frozen, and funds seized.
Use a VPN for privacy reasons? Make sure it is disabled before logging on to your sportsbook.
3️⃣ Can I bet on sports as an 18 year old in Michigan?
No. The age limit for legal sports betting is 21 years of age (21+ years) for both tribal and commercial casinos. Make sure you follow all the details and information provided in the terms and conditions before using our exclusive affiliate code with an online bookmaker listed on this page.
4️⃣ Is sports betting legalized in Michigan?
Yes. Sports betting is legal and valid in Michigan beginning December 2019, and the first retail sportsbooks began accepting wagers in March 2020. Online sportsbooks followed in January 2021. Michigan sports betting industry and poker and gambling industries are regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB). You do not need a ticket or entry or download fee. Playing and installation of apps is free.
5️⃣ How do I know that a Michigan sports betting site is legit?
All legit online sportsbooks, casinos, poker and gambling industries are regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB). So check for their logo on the bottom of the page. For a hassle-free experience, play slots, poker, table games, live games like Craps or Roulette or place bets (including esports on DFS apps) only at licensed sites, facility, and properties.
6️⃣ Are daily fantasy sports contests available in Michigan?
Yes, fantasy sports operators have been legal in the state for years. This gave DraftKings and FanDuel the perfect avenue for opening their sports betting operation as well.
7️⃣ What are the odds for online sports betting in Michigan?
The odds for online sports betting in Michigan will vary depending on the specific sport and event being bet on. Odds also vary among different competitors and operators. Michigan is home to a number of professional and collegiate sports teams, as well as a variety of other sporting events that take place within the state. You can always find competitive odds for spreads, money or total.
8️⃣ What is the minimum bet for online sports betting in Michigan?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it can vary depending on the online sportsbook company you use. However, most online sportsbooks will have a minimum bet of $5-$10 for Michigan residents to claim the bonus bet offers. The MGM bookmaker wants you to deposit a minimum of 10 dollars to claim the bonus bet offer.
9️⃣ Where can I find a reputable online sportsbook to bet with in Michigan?
Right here at BonusFinder. There are a number of reputable online sportsbooks and online casinos that accept bets from residents of Michigan. We have provided you the complete list with information on bonuses and bonus bet for new players for wagering or online casino gaming. Pick and choose a site you like and place bets in the mobile app or browser.
You can also play online casino games like Blackjack, Roulette, other table games, slots at different MI online casinos.