- ⭐ Best 🎖️ Iowa Sportsbook Promos
- ⭐ Iowa Sports Betting Apps
- ⭐ Iowa Sportsbook Bonus Codes 2021
- ⭐ Legal Iowa Betting Sites
- ⭐ Iowa Mobile Betting Apps
- ⭐ Sports Betting Markets in Iowa
- ⭐ How to Get the Best Iowa Sportsbook Bonuses
- ⭐ Retail Sports Betting Sites in Iowa
- ⭐ Sports Betting Law
- ⭐ Bet with Top Betting Apps
⭐ Best 🎖️ Iowa Sportsbook Promos
Iowa sports betting bonuses for sports betting fans include the PointsBet risk free bets up to $2,000 and the BetFred $500 wager match offer. There are a lot of other sportsbook apps bonuses on offer for Iowa online gambling. Altogether, IA sports bettors can get about $5,000 in sportsbook bonus money. Most promos include risk-free bets such as the DraftKings and PointsBet offer. Some sportsbooks have exclusive promo codes that you can use.
|IOWA SPORTSBOOK BONUS||IA SPORTS BETTING PROMOS||GET STARTED|
|PointsBet||2 risk free bets up to $2,000||Bet Now|
|BetFred IA||$500 wager match + $40 promo cash upon $10 deposit||Bet Now|
|FanDuel||$1,000 risk free||Bet Now|
|BetMGM Iowa||$1,000 risk free bet||Bet Now|
|Caesars||$5,000 risk free bet||Bet Now|
|DraftKings||$1,000 upon deposit||Bet Now|
|Elite Sportsbook||$500 risk free bet||Bet Now|
|BetRivers||$250 deposit bonus||Bet Now|
|Hard Rock||$100 welcome bonus||Bet Now|
|Q Sportsbook||No bonus offer||Bet Now|
|Unibet Sportsbook in IA||$500 risk free for new players||Bet Now|
|TheScore Bet||up to $500 risk free first bet||Bet Now|
|Tipico in Iowa||TBD (deposit match)||Bet Now|
|Fubo Sportsbook IA||TBD (no offer yet)||Bet Now|
Types of Sportsbook Promos in Iowa
Sportsbook bonuses and promos in Iowa are aplenty.
- You get risk free bets at many IA sportsbooks. That means your risk is covered for the first bet you make in Iowa. Most Iowa sports betting bonuses for bettors are of that kind. Caesars promo at $5,000 risk covered first betting is the biggest.
- You also get deposit match bonus in Iowa. DraftKings sportsbook promo, for example, is a 20% deposit match only up to $1,000. A 100% deposit match would mean that your deposit is matched fully by the sports betting site up to the maximum possible amount. BetRivers Iowa bonus is a 100% deposit bonus up to 250 dollars for bettors. Read the terms carefully before betting online.
- You can also get wager match and promo cash in sportsbook promos in Iowa. BetFred sportsbook offer, for example, is a $500 wager match with $40 promo cash. You will need to deposit ten dollars to claim the offer.
How to get IA Sportsbook Promos
- Check the bonus offers listed here and decide what suits your betting plans in Iowa.
- All sportsbooks listed here are 100% legal and licensed to operate in Iowa.
- Click on our link to go to the sportsbook site. Sites like BetMGM IA require you to enter our bonus code BETMGM.
- Register your new account on the betting site from Iowa.
- Make a desposit, start betting on your favorite games. Simple.
⭐ Iowa Sports Betting Apps
2020 was a first for Iowa sportsbooks online sportsbetting market. It was the first full year of sports wagering in IA. You can bet on various sports online on best Iowa sportsbooks listed here. Expect to find most of the popular online sportsbook industry names in the state.
DraftKings Sportsbook Site
Draftkings is the sportsbook market leader in the United States and they are almost always the first ones to arrive at a legal sports betting state. Therefore, their late February 2020 launch in sportsbook betting might seem surprising. However, it was all part of a well executed plan of the online gambling behemoth.
DraftKings DFS in Iowa
Iowa legalized daily fantasy sports in October 2019, and DraftKings immediately launched their DFS site. This means that they had more than four months to acquire sports bettors and players in Iowa, before launching their sportsbook site. When the sportsbook app launched in partnership with Wild Rose Casinos, it launched with vigor, receiving thousands of players from the DFS site.
DraftKings Sports Betting App Bonus
The DraftKings Sportsbook bonus is the same in every state. That means that sports bettors in Iowa will receive a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 dollars to bet when they make their first deposit at DraftKings sportsbook.
How to Create a DraftKings Account in Iowa
- Click on the DraftKings Iowa sportsbook link on our site.
- Make your new DraftKings account in Iowa. Download the app if needed.
- Make your first deposit of at least 5 dollars, and bet online on the sportsbook.
- You get the sportsbook promo offer just like that. No promo code is needed.
BetMGM Iowa Sportsbook App
BetMGM sportsbook is also part of the online sports betting market. The MGM Resorts International brand is powered by the Roar Digital betting platform. They offer great odds and exciting ongoing promotions for mobile bettors.
BetMGM Iowa Sports Betting Bonus
BetMGM Sportsbook IA gives new players a $1,000 risk free bet. The free bet is paid to players as 5 free bets up to $200 each. Use the promo code BONUSMGM to get the risk free bets in Iowa.
FanDuel Sportsbook App Iowa
FanDuel entered the Iowa sportsbook market after the retail registration regulation was lifted. Although they are a new player in the state, they will likely get a lot of traction immediately, as bettors will flock to the familiar blue colours of FanDuel Sportsbook.
FanDuel Iowa Sports Betting Bonus
FanDuel Sportsbook bonus is a $1,000 risk free bet. This means that FanDuel will match your first wager in site credit if your bet loses. For example, if your first bet wager is worth $200, and the bet loses, FanDuel will give you $200 back in site credit.
BetFred Sportsbook Iowa
Betfred is a large UK based sportsbook with decades of experience. They are one of the new sportsbooks in the state, but they have come out with an exciting sports betting bonus for Iowa residents looking to bet on sports.
BetFred Iowa Sports Betting Site Bonus
BetFred Iowa Bonus is a $500 wager match. You can claim this free bet by making your first bet at BetFred Sports. BetFred Iowa also gives you a $40 promo cash upon a minimum deposit of $10.
BetFred Bonus Terms
- You cannot include the value of BetFred free promo cash in your winnings.
- BetFred IA promo cash cannot be withdrawn or redeemed for cash.
- It must be used within 7 days of being credited to the your sportsbook account.
William Hill (now Caesars) was the first online sportsbook to open sports wagering when sports betting became legal. They were the early industry leaders in the state, but have since lost much of the market share to DraftKings and PointsBet. It is a reliable name in online gambling and betting just the same.
Caesars Sportsbook Bonus
Caesars Sportsbook gives new players a $5,000 risk free bet welcome bonus with Caesars promo code BONUSFINDERRF. However, how much it is worth depends on how much you deposit in your betting account.
BallyBet is the latest launch in the hawkeye state. Launched on 29 June 2021, BallyBet claims to be one of the most connected sportsbook apps where you can follow friends, share wagers with them and even challenge them online.
BallyBet Iowa Bonus Code
Bally Bet IA promo is 100% up to $550 risk-free first bet. There is no promo code to claim the $500 risk-free bet up to $500. The maximum possible payout odds for the free bet offer is +300. You get to use the ‘no risk no problem’ bet offer only on straight wagers, parlays, progressive parlays, and teasers. You need to use the offer within 7 days. The IA sportsbook also has other promotions:
- Limited time period Reload bonus, deposit $100, get $100.
- Playoff Payoff
- Unlock Trophies, get rewards (only on the sportsbook app)
- 4+ leg parlay insurance
- Earn loyalty points by betting online and use them on Bally casinos
PointsBet Iowa Sportsbook
The Australian sports site PointsBet broke through in the US in 2019. In a surprise move, they launched a legal sports betting app in November 2020. However, with just one casino partner in the state, PointsBet has struggled. As sports app mobile betting becomes fully legalized in 2021, PointsBet will likely grab a larger share of the betting market. Their main draw is their patented style of betting called pointsbetting. In pointsbetting, players try to cover the spread as accurately as possible to win more cash.
Bet with PointsBet Bonus
PointsBet offers new customers two risk free bets. The other one is worth $500 and can be used for traditional betting, and the other one is up to a $1,500 and can only be used for pointsbetting.
Hard Rock Sportsbook
Hard Rock operates through the Hard Rock hotel in Sioux City. In addition to Nevada and New Jersey, Iowa is the only state to have a Hard Rock Sportsbook. Hard Rock is not well known as a betting operator, and therefore they haven’t had considerable success yet.
Bet with Hard Rock Bonus
Hard Rock sportsbook bonus in Iowa is 100% up to $100 risk free bet.
Elite Sportsbook IA
Elite Sportsbook became the second sportsbook site to open up in Iowa in late August 2019. Elite operates on a Bet.Works platform. Currently, they only operate in the Hawkeye State.
Elite Betting Site Bonus
The Elite Sportsbook bonus in Iowa is a risk free bet with sign up bonus up to $500.
Unibet in Iowa
Unibet online sportsbook has launched its offer for Iowans. You get $500 in risk-free new player bonus at Unibet betting site. You can join Unibet and the new player promo will ensure that your first real-money, cash bet risk is covered. You get up to $500 back at the online gambling site if your bet is not a winner.
- Unibet also has a number of other offers for Iowans from time to time: infinite parlay boosts, state boosts, weekly offers (extra value on live bets), weekly free bet, Bet Bundle Blitz (four weeks of free bets), Refer-a-Friend, and so on.
- Unibet is a legal sportsbook operator licensed by the IRGC in accordance with Iowa Code Chapter 99F and other regulations.
How to Get Unibet Bonus
- The minimum deposit is ten dollars ($10). After registering your new account, you must deposit a minimum of $10. You can deposit more to get more all the way up to $500.
- Your first real money bet on the betting site should be worth ten dollars or more.
- If your first bet does not win, you will get bonus money refunds at Unibet. It will be equal to the amount of the wager you lose up to a maximum of 500.
- It may take up to 72 hours at Unibet to get the refund money. It is an automated process and should be hassle-free.
- The bonus limit is one risk-free bet per player.
- You cannot cash out the first bet. And you cannot use a push.
- Bonus refunds money wagering requirement is 1x.
- Sportsbook bets have to be wagered and settled at odds of -300 or higher towards bonus wagering.
- Iowans can use the risk free bet on any Unibet sports market. So choose your fav sports to bet and gamble on the internet.
Tipico online betting site has secured a partnership with Caesars in mid-September, 2021. That gives it access to some states in America including the Iowa state. The sportsbook will partner with Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf. The 10-year-deal will include rights to iGaming market access. We will update this space when Tipico goes live in the state with thier betting offer. The operator is likely to launch operations in the 4th quarter of this year (2021).
Fubo Sportsbook in Iowa
Fubo sportsbook is live in the state with the soft launch. Currently it has no promotion offers.You can bet on football, NHL, basebasll, live games, basketball and other sports. It’s land-based partner is Casino Queen Marquette.
⭐ Iowa Sportsbook Bonus Codes 2021
Some Iowa sportsbook apps and sites including the popular BetMGM and Caesars require you to enter a promo code to bet online and get the bonus offer. BetMGM Iowa bonus code is BONUSMGM. You can use the promo code when you sign up online or on the sportsbook bet and get your welcome bonus. Risk free bets give you refunds in form of free wagers if you lose.
|IOWA BETTING SITE||PROMO CODE||BONUS DETAILS|
|BetMGM IA||BONUSMGM||$1,000 risk free bet|
|Caesars IA||BONUSFINDERRF||$5,000 risk free bet|
|PointsBet Sportsbook IA||BONUS2000||2 risk free bets up to $2,000|
|BetRivers IA||250MATCH||$250 deposit bonus to bet|
⭐ Legal Iowa Betting Sites
Online sportsbooks in Iowa state are legal without the need for retail registration. Currently, the following sportsbook apps are offering online mobile betting and many of them offer Iowa sportsbook bonuses. You might recognize some of the most famous betting and online sportsbooks sites in America, with few local Iowa sportsbooks betting brands added to the betting mix.
|Iowa Sportsbooks Apps/Sites||Casino Partners|
|DraftKings Sports Betting App||Wild Rose Casino Emmetsburg
Wild Rose Casino Jefferson
Wild Rose Casino Clinton
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Diamod Jo Dubuque Casino
Diamond Jo Worth Casino
|PointsBet||Catfish Bend Casino Burlington|
|Hard Rock Sioux City||Hard Rock Sioux City|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Site||Diamond Jo Casino|
|Caesars||Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino
Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Isle of Capri Bettendorf
|BetFred Sportsbook||Riverside Casino & Golf Resort
Rhythm City Casino Davenport
Grand Falls Casino
|Elite Sportsbook||Grand Falls Casino Larchwood|
|Q Casino Sportsbook||Q Casino Dubuque Greyhound Park|
⭐ Iowa Mobile Betting Apps
You must be at least 21 years old (21+) and physically in the state of Iowa before you can successfully download betting apps. You can register accounts from any state but to gamble online in Iowa, you need to be physically present in the state. Here’s how to download the apps for sports gambling sites and roll on.
Download App for iOS
Downloading the sportsbook apps for iOS is easy. Just like every other state, App Store in Iowa allows gambling downloads. Just look for your gambling app of choice and hit download and you’re good to go.
Those wanting to download the Android application may face additional difficulties. Google Play Store policies may not allow real money gambling apps on their platform everywhere, so you need to sideload directly from the online sportsbok website. However, Google Play store policy on gambling apps is evolving and casino and sportsbook apps may be available more for Android phones.
Furthermore, your mobile device might block the download. If this happens, you need to go to your phone’s settings and “allow downloads from unknown sources”.
Create Sports Bet Account
As you can tell, sportsbooks in Iowa are very strict about verifying your identity. Therefore, they will ask several personal details when you register a new account:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
It is absolutely illegal to use VPN or other services in order to access betting apps outside state limits. Online sportsbooks are very strict about this, and if you are caught you might be blocked from the operator’s site for good, in every US state.
To prevent out of state play, most sports betting sites use geolocation software or plug-in that you need to install on your device to play and bet on sports. This program will determine if you are within Iowa state limits. Take care, because near state borders, your phone might connect to out of state towers. To prevent this from happening, we suggest using Wi-Fi.
⭐ Sports Betting Markets in Iowa
When it comes to sports bet markets, Iowa is like any other state to bet. You can bet on all pro sports, college games, and international sporting events. Unlike New Jersey, you can bet on instate college events as well. However, some rules do apply.
- You can only bet on sports, not politics or award shows
- You can’t bet on E-sports
- Live props are not allowed during in-state college teams’ games
Pro Sports Betting in Iowa
Iowa betting is not known for its homegrown sports teams. The closest major league team to Iowa are the Kansas City Royals from Missouri. In a way, this is a good position for Iowa bettors, as they can bet on the NFL sportsbooks, NHL, NBA, MLB, and MLS without any home town bias.
College Sports Betting
The state gambling law makes betting on college events legal almost without restrictions. Therefore, college sport bets might be the way to for Iowans who like to bet close to home. Although Iowa lacks professional sports teams, the state has several strong collegiate programs and you can gamble with your favorite team.
- Drake Bulldogs
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Northern Iowa Panthers
- Iowa Hawkeyes
- Simpson Storm
In addition to sportsbooks like FanDuel and DraftKings that offer fixed odds on horse races, you can bet on horses legally using designated horse betting apps like AmWager or TVG. These horse racing sites offer horse racing pools, instead of fixed odds betting.
Iowa Sportsbooks Bet Types
Because Iowa is a relatively new gambling market, some players might not be familiar with all the betting options on the app. BonusFinder US lists the most common bet types in Iowa sportsbook sites.
- Moneyline – Straight bets on the game’s winner. You can also bet on draw if it’s available.
- Spread Bets – Because sports teams are usually not equally strong, sportsbooks set a spread for the other team to cover. For example, you can bet that the New York Yankees win by at least two runs. If they win by two or more runs, they cover the spread and you win your bet.
- Over/Under (Totals) Bets – You bet on the points total of the game, quarter, inning, or period.
- Prop Bets – Proposition bets are bets on certain events of the game. For example, you can bet on whether or not Lebron James will score 30 points against the Miami Heat. You may not place prop bets on in-state college teams.
- Futures bets- Futures are like long term props. You can, for example, bet on the March Madness champion before the tournament begins.
- Parlays – Parlays are a combination two or more sports bets. Each leg must win, or you lose your wager.
⭐ How to Get the Best Iowa Sportsbook Bonuses
You are ahead of most bettors as you have read the sports gambling page this far. Here is what you can do more to maximize your bets at Iowa online betting sites:
- Read the bonus terms carefully before taking up the Iowa sportsbooks’ offers. This way you will not end up taking offers and making bets which seemed exciting at first but do not prove valuable later as you gamble online.
- Try to optimize on your money management with deposits and withdrawals. Try to take full advantage of the welcome bonus offers, free bets at Iowa betting online markets. Withdraw your funds, if necessary, once the offer is cleared. Try to use maximum number of bonus deals at online sportsbook mobile apps as you bet on sports.
- Keep an eye on launch offers from new sportsbooks. New sportsbook apps may give you more bonuses and welcome offers. Keep an eye on the top list of BonusFinder Iowa betting page, Iowa market, and new brands entering the gambling market.
- Read the promotions page of the casino for more offers. Online sportsbook apps and sites often have some promo, bonuses, parley boost, odds boost, best sportsbook bonuses claims on their webpage or app.
- Online sportsbooks email marketing newsletter may give offers and gambling updates such as weekly betting promos to subscribers. It may be a good idea to opt in to online sportsbook promotional emails for teasers, features, bonus offers, online bet options, site credits, matched free bets, sports news, e wallet offers, banking options and new bettors offers. Also go through the Iowa sports betting FAQ at the end of this article.
⭐ Retail Sports Betting Sites in Iowa
In Iowan administrative lingo, ADSW stands for Advance Deposit Sports Wagering. This refers to the sports wagers made on an internet website or application. Technically, when you make a new account online to bet on a IA sportsbook app, you make an ADSW account. A licensed retail sports bet operator will have in-person wagering requirements and they have one or max two ADSW providers. The online gambling sites licensed by the Commission and listed here require you to bet on the mobile app or website. For example, DraftKings and BetRivers are tied to Wild Rose casinos.
|Ameristar Council Bluffs||Council Bluffs|
|Catfish Bend Casino||Burlington|
|Diamond Jo Casino||Dubuque|
|Diamond Jo Casino - Worth||Northwood|
|Grand Falls Casino||Larchwood|
|Hard Rock||Sioux City|
|Harrah s Council Bluffs||Council Bluffs|
|Isle of Capri Bettendorf||Bettendorf|
|Isle of Capri||Waterloo|
|Lakeside Hotel Casino||Osceola|
|Rhythm City Casino||Davenport|
|Riverside Casino Golf Resort||Riverside|
|Horseshoe Casino Council Bluffs||Council Bluffs|
|Wild Rose Casino||Clinton|
|Wild Rose Casino||Emmetsburg|
|Wild Rose Casino||Jefferson|
⭐ Sports Betting Law
Many states have had a hard time legalizing online sports betting. However, Iowa is not among these states. As anticipated, the state lifted the in-person registration need for online sports betting. Bettors located anywhere within the Iowa can sign up on online sportsbooks and wagering apps and bet online from their home or neighbourhood sports bar.
- Pre 2018: A strong push to legalize betting in the state
- March 2018: The US Supreme Court overturns PASPA (The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act) making sports betting legal in the US.
- May 13th 2019: Governor Kim Reynolds signs SF 617 making sports betting legal in Iowa.
- October 15th 2019: William Hill (now Caesars) becomes the first legal betting site to launch in the state
- January 1st 2021: Online account registration without the need to visit a land based property became legal.
Specifics of SF 617 legalizing betting
Iowa sports betting became legal with the passing of SF 617 bill. The betting law in the state is one of the most relaxed in the country, allowing almost all sports bets. In addition, the specifics of the law mean that casinos will find it quite easy to open new online sportsbooks in Iowa and lure players with sportsbook bonuses:
- The tax rate is only 6.75% on revenue (lowest of any online betting state)
- The licensing fee in Iowa is only $45,000
- Two sportsbooks can operate under the same license in Iowa
IA Betting Licenses, Taxes
Iowa sports market is a growing business. It is already making an impact on employment generation and taxes collected for public works. By the end of 2020, 6237 individuals were employed with various casino licensees including 72.55% Iowans. Horse racing and simulcasting is also legal. IA sports wagering is a bright sport in Commission’ 2020 report and it can only go higher from here.
|IA Online Betting Sites||DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, BetRivers, PointsBet, Caesars, Hard Rock, Betfred, theScore, Q & Elite Sportsbook|
|Fantasy sports operators||DraftKings, FanDuel|
|Mobile Betting Sportsbook Apps||Yes|
|Who can bet?||21+, located in IA|
|In-person Registration||No (expired 1 January 2021)|
|Sports Wagering Tax Rate||6.75%|
|Iowa Gambling Revenue (total handle)||$1,126,084,828 (2020)|
|Gambling tax collected||$245,453,303 (2020)|
|Sports Wagering Revenue (Handle)||$41,625,980 (2020)|
|Sports Betting tax collection||$2,858,854 (2020)|
|Total tax collection||$248,428,799 (2020)|
|Most Tax Contributions||Gambling revenue, sports betting, pari-mutuel in that order|
|Gaming tax distribution||Workers & Job creation fund, water infrastructure etc.|
|First full year of IA online betting||2020|
No IA Casino Sites Online
Iowa does not have online, legal casinos. It is hoped that the state will have real-money online casinos in near future keeping with the overall trend in the American online gambling market. Legal casino gambling will add to the tax collection of the small state and also save people from rushing to illegal, unregulated and offshore casino apps and sites.
⭐ Bet with Top Betting Apps
The need for in-person registration at a casino property was lifted on January 1 2021 and Iowa became a full-blown sports gambling state. With casinos able to carry two operators at the same time and a low tax rate, the sports betting market is huge. You can expect a growing market full of sportsbook bonuses as more casinos will operate online sportsbooks in the state. The list of apps and sites where you can play online is poised to take a leap. Get, Set, Go Iowans!
Responsible online gambling is an in-built feature of IA sportsbooks regulated by the IRGC. You can apply for voluntary self-exclusion if you are a problem gambler. You can exclude yourself for five years or for life. You can also contact the Iowa Department of Public Health if you need help. reach out to 1-800-BETS OFF
- Are sportsbook bonuses worth it?
- Is online sports betting legal in Iowa?
- How do I know if an Iowa betting site is legal?
- Can I bet in Iowa if I don't live in the state?
- Where can I bet on sports in Iowa?
- Is FanDuel Sportsbook available in the state?
- Is DraftKings available in Iowa?