⭐ Iowa Sports Betting 2023
Iowa became the 11th US state to legalize sports betting in May 2019. Iowa sports wagering went live on February 19, 2020. Anyone who is at least 21 years of age, and with a valid US Social Security Number can bet on Iowa sportsbooks as long as (s)he is physically present within Iowa. Online sportsbooks are fully legal in Iowa and are regulated by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
The hawkeye state legalized online betting in May 2019 with a signature on the Iowa sports betting bill from governor Kim Reynolds. After the legislation passed, online sports betting sites like Caesars capitalized on the state quickly. Iowa online betting sites comprise of many sportsbooks in the year 2023. Iowa betting sites include all popular gambling industry names including BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel, BetFred, Bally Bet, Q sportsbook, and others. All IA sportsbooks offer new player promos for bettors. BonusFinder has researched all possible legal betting sites and listed them here. Click on our exclusive links and play at the legal gambling sites with welcome offers and promotions.
|🏴 Iowa Sportsbooks||✅ BetMGM, Caesars & More|
|🏆 Biggest Bet Bonuses||✅ $4K+ bet credits; $250 Deposit Match, bonus bets|
|🎁 Iowa Bonus Code||✅ FINDER100 at BetMGM|
|✨ More Sportsbook Promos||✅ BET $10, GET $100 Offer at BetMGM|
⭐ Best Iowa Sportsbooks Promos
Iowa sportsbooks provide betting promos and bonuses for sports fans. We have researched the best sportsbooks for Iowa sports bettors. BonusFinder lists all legal Iowa sportsbooks that you can use to bet online. Iowa sportsbooks and their betting promos include initial deposit match bonuses, risk-free bets, wager matches and other promotions. IA bettors can claim over $5,000 free money offers and bonus bets for Iowa online gambling at various sites.
|IOWA SPORTSBOOKS||BEST IOWA SPORTSBOOK BONUSES||GET STARTED|
|BetMGM Iowa||$1,000 bonus bets||Bet Now|
|Caesars Iowa||$1,250 back in bonus bets on Caesars||Bet Now|
|DraftKings||20% match up to $1,000 in Iowa bonus bets||Bet Now|
|PointsBet||5 x $50 bet credits; 2nd Chance Offer||Bet Now|
|BetFred IA||Bet $50, Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet Now|
|FanDuel||Bet $5 Get $150 bonus bets||Bet Now|
|Elite Sportsbook||$500 risk free bet||Bet Now|
|BetRivers Iowa||2nd chance free bets Bet worth at least $500||Bet Now|
|Hard Rock||$250 1st Bet Match||Bet Now|
|Q Sportsbook||No bonus offer||Bet Now|
|Betway||$250 risk free welcome bonus||Bet Now|
|Bet365 Sportsbook IA||Bet $1 Get $200||Bet Now|
|Bally Bet IA||$50 1st bet match||Bet Now|
|TheScore Bet||up to $500 back in bonus bets||Bet Now|
|Tipico in Iowa||TBD (bonus bets)||Bet Now|
|Barstool Sportsbook||$1,000 bet credits+ $10 bet credits free||Bet Now|
|DRF Sportsbook||$300 no fret first bet||Bet Now|
|Circa Sports||Sportsbook bonus bets TBD||Bet Now|
|Superbook IA||$50 Bonus Voucher for straight bets||Bet Now|
|ClutchBet Iowa||$500 risk-free first wager||Bet Now|
⭐ Sportsbook Promo Codes
|IOWA BETTING SITE||PROMO CODE||SPORTSBOOK PROMOS|
|BetMGM IA||BONUSMGM||$1,000 paid back if 1st bet loses|
|Caesars IA||FINDERFULL||$1,250 on Caesars|
|BetRivers IA||FINDER||up to $500 free bet|
Iowa Sportsbook bonuses and promos are aplenty. You get different welcome bonuses at sportsbook bonuses apps and sites. Sports bettors can take advantage of multiple promo offers and play at alll legal IA betting sites listed here. Here is what you get in sportsbook promotions.
- You get risk free bets at many IA sportsbooks. That means your risk is covered for the first wager you make in Iowa. Most Iowa sports betting bonuses for bettors are of that kind. Caesars promo is a big $1,500 risk-free bet.
- You also get deposit match bonus in Iowa. DraftKings promo of bonus bets, for example, is a 20% deposit match only up to $1,000. A 100% deposit match would mean that your deposit is matched fully by the sports betting site up to the maximum possible amount. Read the terms carefully before staking real money online.
- Sometimes, you can also get wager match and promo cash in sportsbook promos in Iowa. Betfred offer, for example, was a $500 wager match with $40 promo cash (now expired). You needed to deposit ten dollars to claim the offer. Their current offer is Bet $50, Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets valid for residents of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C. only. You get $111 at first and then $200 per week for losses for 5 weeks in Iowa subject to terms and conditions.
- IA Sportsbook Bonus Codes : Some Iowa sportsbook apps and sites including the popular BetMGM and Caesars require you to use a bonus code to bet online and get the bonus offer. BetMGM Iowa bonus code is BONUSMGM. New bettors can use the promo codes when you sign up online for best iowa sportsbook bonuses and promo codes.
Promotions for Loyal Customers
Existing players of IA sportsbooks also get multiple promotions. You can benefit from loyalty programs like DraftKings Dynasty Rewards and MGM M Life Rewards which get you comps and points for every dollar you spend on the sportsbook. You also get opportunity to enter in contests for users who are asked to choose their picks on a range and selection of games and matches from time to time. You can make predictions with odds boots, parlay boosts and win some Iowa promo.
Almost all sportsbooks these days have loyalty and rewards programs for players to give them odds boosts, parlay boosts, free bets, bonus store points, and more. In most cases, you have to remember to opt-in to the promotion.
- Odds boosts could improve the sports odds. You can always check your bet slip and the app to see if there are available odds boosts for betting.
- Other promotions for existing customers include Parlay insurance, bet insurance, special bet offers like those associated with NHL sports season or NCAA tournament.
- Some promotions at BetMGM IA for existing players include the following: $10 free bet in Money Monday Offer (now expired), EPL (English Premier League) one game parlay insurance, NBA Parlay Insurance, early cash out, bonus bets, NFL parlay insurance, NFL playoffs, Refer a Friend for $50 bonus cash, and more.
How to Get the Best Sportsbook Bonuses
You are ahead of most bettors as you have read the sports gambling page this far. Here is what you can do more to maximize your bets at Iowa sports betting sites:
- Read the bonus terms carefully before taking up the Iowa sportsbooks’ offers. This way you will not end up taking offers and making bets which seemed exciting at first but do not prove valuable later as you gamble online.
- Try to optimize on your money management with deposits and withdrawals. Try to take full advantage of the welcome bonus offers, free bets at Iowa betting online markets. Withdraw your funds, if necessary, once the offer is cleared. Try to use maximum number of bonus deals at the mobile sports betting app(s) as you bet on different sites and sports.
- Keep an eye on launch offers from new sports betting sites. New sportsbook apps may give you more bonuses and welcome offers. Keep an eye on the top list of BonusFinder Iowa betting page, Iowa market, and new brands entering the gambling market.
- Read the promotions page of the casino for more offers. Online sportsbook apps and sites often have some promo, bonuses, parley boost, best odds boost, and best sign up bonuses on their webpage or app. T&Cs apply; always read the fine print or trust our reviews.
- Online sportsbooks’ online sports betting market newsletter email may give offers and gambling updates such as weekly betting promos to subscribers. It may be a good idea to opt in to online sportsbook promotional emails for teasers, features, bonus offers, sports wagering options, site credits or bet credits for online sports bets, matched free bets, sports news, e-wallet offers, banking options, and new bettors offers. Also, go through the FAQs at the end of this article.
How to Play with Promos
- Check the bonus offers listed here and decide what suits your bet plans in Iowa.
- All Iowa sportsbook bonuses sites listed here are 100% legal sportsbooks licensed to operate in Iowa.
- Click on our link to go to the sportsbook site. Sites like BetMGM IA require you to enter our exclusive bonus code BONUSMGM to claim the bonus bets.
- Register your new online sports betting account on the site from Iowa or anywhere in the USA. The registration process is simple and quick.
- Make a deposit, and start wagering on your favorite games. Simple.
⭐ Top 10 Iowa Sportsbooks
BonusFinder lists the best IA sports betting operators. We review each sportsbook site, welcome bonus, app features, minimum odds, retail sportsbook site, banking options, and more so that you make an informed choice. 2020 was a first for Iowa sports betting market. And now in 2023, you have multiple gambling sites including top sportsbook industry names to place bets in the state. Go through the review and choose your favorite site to bet online.
1.⭐ DraftKings Sportsbook
- Draftkings IA is a sports market leader in the United States and they are almost always the first ones to arrive at legalized online wagering state. Therefore, their late February 2020 launch in sportsbook betting might seem surprising. However, it was all part of a well-executed plan of the online gambling behemoth.
- Iowa legalized daily fantasy sports in October 2019, and DraftKings immediately launched their DFS site. This means that they had more than four months to acquire sports bettors and players in Iowa, before launching their sportsbook site. When their app launched in partnership with retail partner Wild Rose Casinos, it launched with vigor, receiving thousands of players from the DFS site.
- The DraftKings betting bonus is the same in every state. That means that sports bettors in Iowa will receive a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 dollars to bet when they make their first deposit at DraftKings.
- DraftKings’ land based partners in the state are Wild Rose Casino – Clinton, Wild Rose Casino – Emmetsburg, and Wild Rose Casino – Jefferson.
- How to Create a DraftKings online sportsbook account in Iowa? Click on the DraftKings Iowa link on our site. Make your new DraftKings account in Iowa. Download the app if needed. Make your first deposit of at least 5 dollars, and bet for the welcome bonus. You get the sportsbook promo offer just like that. No promo code is needed.
2.⭐ BetMGM Sportsbook
- BetMGM sportsbook is also part of the Iowa sports betting market. The MGM Resorts International brand is powered by the Roar Digital platform. They offer great odds, new player promos, and exciting ongoing promotions for mobile bettors.
- BetMGM Iowa Bonus: BetMGM Sportsbook IA gives new players a $1,000 betting bonus for first wager. The bonus bet credits are paid to players as 5 bet credits up to $200 each. Use the promo code BONUSMGM to get it in Iowa.
- BetMGM Iowa has all the wagering markets and an array of bet types that sports bettors like to use in their bet slip. You also promotions for existing players such as odds boosts, competitive odds, parlays, free bets, tournaments, etc. from time to time.
3.⭐ FanDuel Sportsbook
- FanDuel IA entered the Iowa sportsbook market after the retail sports betting registration regulation was lifted. Although they are a new player in the state, they will likely get a lot of traction immediately, as bettors will flock to the familiar blue colors of FanDuel Sportsbook.
- FanDuel Iowa Bonus: FanDuel Sportsbook bonus is Bet $5 Get $150 bonus bets welcome offer. You must make a minimum first deposit of $10 to claim it and place your first wager with a minimum of $5.
- Bettors can download the FanDuel app for Android or iOS devices. FanDuel Iowa players can also just play on the desktop website with the need to download and install the free apps.
- No sweat initial bet has turnover requirements. Read the Fanduel terms carefully to enjoy the ‘no sweat first bet’ or free bet credit.
4.⭐ BetFred Sportsbook
- Betfred is a large UK-based sportsbook with decades of experience. They are one of the new sportsbook in the state, but they have come out with an exciting sports betting bonus for Iowa residents looking to bet on sports.
- BetFred Iowa Sports Betting Bonus: BetFred Iowa Bonus has expired. Currently, they have no welcome offer in Iowa. We will update this space when there is a new offer. Betfred is also starting gambling operations in other states.
BetFred Iowa gave new sports bettors a $40 promo cash with a $500 wager online match. Now it has expired. You get $1,111 fred bets subject to terms and conditions.
5.⭐ Caesars Sportsbook Iowa
- Caesars was the first legal online sportsbooks to open sports wagering when sports betting became legal. They were the early industry leaders in the state, but have since lost much of the market share to DraftKings and PointsBet Iowa. It is a reliable name in online gambling and betting just the same.
- Caesars Sportsbook Promo code Iowa: Caesars Sportsbook gives you bet credit up to $1,250 for first bet with Caesars promo code FINDERFULL. However, how much it is worth depends on how much you deposit in your betting account. Your first bet must be $10. You get a bet credit equal to the wagering amount value in your first deposit if your first wager is a loss!
- Caesar’s mobile apps are available for Android and iOS users. All betting options and promotions for loyal players, such as Caesars Rewards, are available to bettors.
- Caesars Entertainment acquired a popular sports betting and gaming company and further cemented the success.
- Caesars IA (American Wagering Inc.) land based partners include the Harrah’s Casino, Horseshoe Casino, Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, Isle of Capri – Bettendorf, and Prairie Meadows.
6.⭐ BallyBet Sportsbook
- BallyBet is the latest launch in the hawkeye state. Launched on 29 June 2021, BallyBet claims to be one of the most connected sportsbook apps where you can follow friends, share wagers with them and even challenge them online.
- BallyBet Iowa Bonus Code: Bally Bet Iowa sportsbook promo is 100% up to $50 first bet match. There is no promo code to claim the $50 bet match offer. You get the bet matched whether your bet is a win or a loss.
- The IA sportsbook also has other promotions from time to time such as the following: Limited time period Reload bonus, deposit $100, get $100;
Playoff Payoff; Bally Bet House Advantage Card; Unlock Trophies, get rewards (only on the sportsbook app); 4+ leg parlay insurance; Earn loyalty points by betting online and use them on Bally casinos.
7.⭐ PointsBet Sportsbook
- The Australian sports site PointsBet Iowa Sportsbook broke through in the US in 2019. In a surprise move, they launched a legal sports betting app in November 2020. However, with just one casino partner in the state, PointsBet has struggled.
- Their main draw is their patented style of wagering called pointsbetting. In pointsbetting, players try to cover the spread as accurately as possible to win more cash.
- Bet with PointsBet Bonus: PointsBet offers new customers a maximum of $250 in bet credits (5 x $50 2nd Chance Offer). Terms apply.
8.⭐ Hard Rock IA Sportsbook
- Hard Rock operates through the Hard Rock Hotel in Sioux City. In addition to Nevada and New Jersey, Iowa is the only state to have a Hard Rock Sportsbook. Hard Rock is not well known as a betting operator, and therefore they haven’t had considerable success yet.
- Hard Rock sportsbook bonus in Iowa is 100% up to $250 bet match for the first bet. The minimum first bet stake should be $5.
- Hard Rock is launching in other states including Arizona. The link to download mobile apps is available on the Hard Rock website.
9.⭐ Elite Sportsbook
- Elite Sportsbook became the second site to open up in Iowa betting space. Elite sportsbook launch is dated late August 2019. Elite operates on a Bet.Works platform.
- Currently, they only operate in the Hawkeye State. The Elite Sportsbook bonus in Iowa is a risk free bet with sign-up bonus up to $500.
- Elite has 3 brick and mortar casinos as partners: namely the Grand Falls, Rhythm City, and Riverside Casino and Golf Resort. The three properties are owned by Elite Casino Resorts.
10.⭐ Tipico Sportsbook
- Tipico Iowa has secured a partnership with Caesars in mid-September, 2021. That gives it access to some states in America including the Iowa state.
- The sportsbook will partner with Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf. The 10-year-deal will include rights to iGaming market access. We will update this space when Tipico goes live with their new user sign up offer. The operator was expected to launch operations in the 4th quarter of the last year (2021).
⭐ Iowa Sportsbook Apps
All IA sportsbooks are avaible as mobile sports betting apps. BonusFinder has researched the best sports betting apps here. Players can download the sportsbook apps on their phone devices. Downloading the Android or iOS apps is optional. Bettors can always play on the mobile browser version of the gambling site.
|Sportsbooks Online||IA Sports Betting Apps||Software|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Yes||iOS / Android|
|FanDuel||Yes||iOS / Android|
|DraftKings||Yes||iOS / Android|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Yes||iOS / Android|
|PointsBet||Yes||iOS / Android|
|BetFred IA||Yes||iOS / Android|
Download Mobile Apps
You must be at least 21 years old (21+) and physically in Iowa before you can successfully download betting apps. You can register accounts from any state but to gamble online in Iowa, you need to be physically present in the state. Here’s how to download the apps for sports gambling sites and roll on.
- Downloading the sportsbook apps for iOS is easy. Just like every other state, App Store in Iowa allows gambling downloads. Just look for your gambling app of choice and hit download and you’re good to go.
- Those wanting to download the Android application may face additional difficulties. Google Play Store policies may not allow real money gambling apps on their platform everywhere, so you need to sideload directly from the sportsbook website. However, Google Play store policy on gambling apps is evolving and casino and sportsbook apps may be available more for Android phones.
- Furthermore, your mobile device might block the download. If this happens, you need to go to your phone’s settings and “allow downloads from unknown sources”.
⭐ How to Bet
Once you have chosen your sports betting app, there are a few things you need to do before you can place bets. Do not forget to enter the promo code when you register your new account. In most cases, just using our exclusive link will suffice. You can also check the promotions tab in the online app for more promos that you can opt-in while playing in Iowa.
Create New Sportsbook Account
As you can tell, sportsbooks in Iowa are very strict about verifying your identity. Therefore, they will ask several personal details for registration requirement. Such checks are required by federal law for real money gambling when you register a new sportsbook account.
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Social Security Number (last 4 digits of SSN)
- Date of Birth
- Answer security questions
It is illegal to use VPN or other services in order to access betting apps outside state limits. Online sportsbooks are very strict about this, and if you are caught you might be blocked from the operator’s site for good, in every US state. You need to be physically present in the Iowa state in Des Moines or anywhere else within the state. You do not necessarily need to be an Iowa resident.
To prevent out-of-state play, most sports betting sites use geolocation software or plug-in that you need to install on your device to play and bet on sports. This program will determine if you are within Iowa state limits. Take care, because near state borders, your phone might connect to out of state towers. To prevent this from happening, we suggest using Wi-Fi.
Deposits & Withdrawals
All Iowa sportsbook sites will have enough banking options for deposit and withdrawal. You will have access to some of the usual payment methods listed here. Individual payment methods may vary depending on the sportsbook site. Deposit methods may have minimum deposit requirements for the initial wager. Withdrawal of winnings from the sportsbook may take some hours to some days depending on the payment method.
- Online banking
- VIP Preferred
- Wire Transfer
- Bank Transfers (bank account)
- Master Card
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Cash at Casino Cage
Responsible gambling is an in-built feature of IA sportsbooks regulated by the IRGC. IA sportsbooks are legal gambling sites required to provide all responsible gambling options to patrons.
Customers can access all responsible gambling features in their account and set deposit limits or wagering limits if needed. You can apply for voluntary self-exclusion if you are a problem gambler. You can exclude yourself for five years or for life. You can also contact the Iowa Department of Public Health if you need help. reach out to 1-800-BETS OFF.
Players can also contact the support team of the sportsbook at customer care email, phone number, or live chat option.
⭐ Sports Betting Markets
When it comes to sports bet markets, Iowa is like any other state to bet. What sports can you bet on in Iowa? You can bet on all pro sports teams, college games, and international sporting events. Unlike New Jersey, you can bet on instate college events as well. However, some Iowa sports betting rules do apply and restrict gambling activities.
- You can only bet on national and international sports; not politics or award shows.
- esports betting is not permitted.
- Live props are not allowed during in-state Iowa college sports teams’ games (in state college sports prop bets).
- You can not bet on Academy awards or election results in the state.
State betting scene is not known for its homegrown Iowa teams and major sports. The closest major league team to Iowa are the Kansas City Royals from Missouri. In a way, this is a good position for Iowa bettors, as they can bet on the NFL, CFL (Canadian Football League), NHL betting, NBA, MLB teams, and MLS without any hometown bias. They can bet on Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota Twins, St. Louis Cardinals, Minnesota Timberwolves, Iowa Wild, or Kansas City Royals with equal ease.
Iowa sports betting law makes betting on college events legal almost without restrictions. Therefore, college sport bets might be the way to for Iowans who like to bet close to home. You can bet on college football, college action, college basketball, college athletes, and other collegiate events subject to certain restriction. Avoid live proposition bets as per the sports betting laws.
Although Iowa lacks professional sports teams, the state has several strong collegiate programs. You can gamble with your favorite team including for college football at the best sports betting sites.
- Drake Bulldogs
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Northern Iowa Panthers
- Iowa Hawkeyes
- Simpson Storm
In addition to sportsbooks like FanDuel and DraftKings that offer fixed odds on horse races, you can bet on horses legally using designated horse betting apps like AmWager or TVG. These horse racing sites offer horse racing pools, instead of fixed odds betting available at so many online sportsbooks.
Because Iowa is a relatively new gambling market, some players might not be familiar with all the betting options on the app. BonusFinder US lists the most common bet types in Iowa sportsbook sites for Iowa sports fans.
- Moneyline – Straight bets on the game’s winner. You can also bet on draw if it’s available.
- Spread Bets – Because sports teams are usually not equally strong, sportsbooks set a spread for the other team to cover. For example, you can bet that the New York Yankees win by at least two runs. If they win by two or more runs, they cover the spread and you win your bet.
- Over/Under (Totals) Bets – You bet on the points total of the game, quarter, inning, or period.
- Prop Bets – Proposition bets are bets on certain events of the game. For example, you can bet on whether or not Lebron James will score 30 points against the Miami Heat. You may not place prop bets on in-state college teams.
- Futures bets- Futures are like long term props. You can, for example, bet on the March Madness champion before the tournament begins.
- Parlays – Parlays are a combination two or more sports bets. Each leg must win, or you lose your wager.
- Live Betting – Player can place live bets or in game bets or in-play bets when a game is live. Just see the betting lines on the sportsbook app or desktop site to see what is available for live wagering and add them to your bet slip.
Iowans can bet on a vareity of sports leagues, teams, championships, World Cup, Super Bowl game, March Madness, playoffs, NBA finals, and everything else from all over the US and the world. You can see the list of A-Z sports in the menu on the Iowa’s wagering websites and apps. Go to ‘My Bets’ section to see all your current bet slips.
- Diving (FINA World Diving Championships)
- Cross Country Races
- Rugby Union
- Auto Racing
- Formula 1
- PGA Tour
- Tennis (US Open, French Open)
⭐ Retail Sportsbooks
A licensed retail sports bet operator will have in person registration requirement and they have one or max two ADSW providers. The online gambling sites licensed by the Commission and listed here require you to bet on the mobile app or website. For example, DraftKings and BetRivers are tied to Wild Rose casinos. In Iowa’s sports jargon, ADSW stands for Advance Deposit Sports Wagering. This refers to the sports wagers made on an internet website or application. Technically, when you make a new player account online to bet on a IA sportsbook app, you make an ADSW account. Here is a list of land-based betting sites in the state.
|Ameristar Council Bluffs||Council Bluffs|
|Catfish Bend Casino||Burlington|
|Diamond Jo Casino||Dubuque|
|Diamond Jo Casino - Worth||Northwood|
|Grand Falls Casino||Larchwood|
|Hard Rock||Sioux City|
|Harrah s Council Bluffs||Council Bluffs|
|Isle of Capri Bettendorf||Bettendorf|
|Isle of Capri||Waterloo|
|Lakeside Hotel Casino||Osceola|
|Rhythm City Casino||Davenport|
|Riverside Casino Golf Resort||Riverside|
|Horseshoe Casino Council Bluffs||Council Bluffs|
|Wild Rose Casino||Clinton|
|Wild Rose Casino||Emmetsburg|
|Wild Rose Casino||Jefferson|
IA Sportsbook Options & Land Based Partners
A physical casino site has one or more online gambling partner site. Caesars IA sportsbook, for example, has partnership with more than one physical facility. Mobile sportsbooks in Iowa state are legal without the need for retail registration. Currently, the following sportsbook apps are offering mobile betting and many of them offer Iowa new user bonuses. You might recognize some of the most famous online sportsbooks sites in America, with few local Iowa sportsbooks betting brands added to the betting mix.
|Iowa Sportsbooks Apps/Sites||Casino Partners|
|DraftKings Sports Betting||Wild Rose Casino Emmetsburg
Wild Rose Jefferson
Wild Rose Casino Clinton
|FanDuel||Diamond Jo Dubuque Casino
Diamond Jo Worth Casino
|PointsBet||Catfish Bend Casino Burlington|
|Hard Rock Sioux City||Hard Rock Sioux City|
|BetMGM||Diamond Jo Casino|
|Caesars||Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino
Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Isle of Capri Bettendorf
|BetFred Sportsbook||Riverside Casino & Golf Resort
Rhythm City Casino Davenport
Grand Falls Casino
|Elite Sportsbook||Grand Falls Casino Larchwood|
|Barstool Sportsbook /Penn National Gaming||Ameristar casino, Council Bluffs|
|Q Casino||Q Casino Dubuque Greyhound Park|
⭐ Legalization History & Timeline
Many states have had a hard time legalizing sports betting. However, Iowa is not among these states. As anticipated, the state lifted the in-person registration need for Iowa sports betting. Bettors located anywhere within the Iowa can sign up on online sportsbooks and wagering apps and bet online from their home or neighborhood sports bar.
Iowa sports betting became legal with the passing of the SF 617 bill. The Iowa law is one of the most relaxed betting legislations in the country allowing almost all sports bets. In addition, the specifics of the law mean that casinos will find it quite easy to open new sportsbooks in Iowa and lure players with sportsbook bonuses. We recount the Iowa sports betting history:
- Pre 2018: A strong push to legalize betting in the state
- March 2018: The US Supreme Court overturns PASPA (The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act) making sports betting legal in the US.
- May 13th 2019: Governor Kim Reynolds signature on SF 617 makes sports betting legal in Iowa.
- October 15th 2019: Caesars becomes the first legal betting site to launch in the state
- January 1st 2021: Account registration without the need to visit a land-based property became legal.
⭐ Conclusion: IA Online Wagering
The need for in-person registration at a casino property was lifted on January 1 2021 and Iowa became a full-blown sports gambling state. With casinos able to carry two operators at the same time and a low tax rate, the sports betting market is huge. You can expect a growing market full of sportsbook bonuses as more casinos will operate mobile sportsbooks in the state. The state has especially received praise from the American Gaming Association (AGA) for conducting a successful gaming activity with a reasonable tax rate, consumer protection, and responsible gambling.
- The tax rate is only 6.75% on the betting revenue (the lowest of any sports betting state). The licensing fee in Iowa is only $45,000. Two sportsbooks can operate under the same license in Iowan liberal gambling market.
- Iowa sports market is a growing business. It is already making an impact on employment generation and tax revenue is being collected for public works. By the end of 2020, 6237 individuals were employed with various casino licensees including 72.55% Iowans. Horse racing and simulcasting is also legal in the state overseen by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. IA sports wagering future is bright.
- Iowa does not have online, legal casinos. It is hoped that the state will have real-money online casinos in near future keeping with the overall trend in the American sports gambling market. Legal casino gambling will add to the tax collection of the small state and also save people from rushing to illegal, unregulated and offshore casino apps and sites
- Fubo Sportsbook Iowa recently closed down business. It is the first operator among top sportsbooks to shut down doors in the year 2022.
Last updated: 06/01/2023
⭐ Iowa Sportsbook Betting FAQ
1️⃣ Is online sports betting legal in Iowa?
Yes, 100%. The official launch date was August 15th 2019. Iowa's sports betting companies are regulated by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission ensuring responsible gaming. Choose an Iowa sportsbook app from the top list here.
Online casinos are not legal yet in the state. So those looking for information on free spins, slots, and casino games will have to wait more or travel to states like WV, MI, NJ, and PA which provide you with legal casino gambling ways and options in the online world.
2️⃣ Can I bet in Iowa if I don't live in the state?
Yes, Iowa sportsbooks are not restricted to Iowans. You just need to be within Iowa state lines, more than 21 years of age, and not be on a self-exclusion list. If you meet these requirements, you can download a sportsbook app active in Iowa's sports betting industry and place bets easily.
3️⃣ Where can I bet on sports in Iowa?
Click on our review and choose any Iowa sports betting site to play with our bonuses including free bet offers. You can sign up for the sportsbooks in Iowa and bet on sports directly from your mobile app.
4️⃣ How do I know if an Iowa betting site is legal?
All the gambling sites listed in BonusFinder US are legal in Iowa. If you are still in doubt, legal Iowa sites are regulated by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. Check for their logo at the bottom of the page. You can also check legal casinos from the Iowa Gaming Association website.
5️⃣ Are sportsbook bonuses worth it?
Yes, totally. You get deposit bonus or free bets and other such daily promotions. But you must keep in mind certain things. There will be terms and conditions related to wagering before you can cash out. No deposit sportsbook bonus is particularly a great bonus offer for bettors.
Use our bonus code and new user bonus to place bets on your favorite teams such as Minnesota Twins, Chicago White Sox, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Blackhawks, Milwaukee Bucks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bulls or Green Bay Packers.
6️⃣ Is FanDuel Sportsbook available in the state?
Yes. FanDuel has partnered with Diamond Jo Casino Iowa. No bonus code is needed to bet, just use our link to visit the gambling site.
7️⃣ Is DraftKings available in Iowa?
Yes, DraftKings is available through their partnership with Wild Rose Casinos. Both DraftKings sportsbook and Daily Fantasy Sports are available in Iowa.