- Best Sportsbooks in Indiana Online Betting 2021
- Indiana Sports Betting Bonus Codes
- Top 10 Indiana Betting Apps
- Sports Betting Guide
- Legal Sports Betting Options
- Retail Betting Locations – September 2021
- Registering for a Sports Betting Account
- Sports Betting Indiana Banking Options
- Conclusion – Sports Betting Indiana is Here to Stay
Best Sportsbooks in Indiana Online Betting 2021
It’s been a long road getting online betting in Indiana approved. However, in July 2019, a year after the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) came crashing down, Indiana legalized sports betting online. After making sports betting legal Indiana Gaming Commission has approved 13 online sportsbooks, and there are still several operators who could acquire a sports betting license for the Indiana sports betting market.
- BetMGM Indiana – Best Overall
- PointsBet Sportsbook – Best Bonus & Promotions
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Most Exciting
- WynnBET Indiana – Best Mobile
- Caesars Sportsbook Indiana – Best New Bonus
- BetWay Indiana Sportsbook – Top New Sportsbook
- TwinSpires Sportsbook – For Horse Racing
- Barstool Sporstbook Indiana – For Stoolies
Other Betting Sites
Indiana has plenty of other betting sites as well. They might not be the best at anything, but they are good sportsbooks. Every time you bet in Indiana, you should definitely also check the odds for these sportsbooks.
- FanDuel Sportsbook Review
- BetRivers Review
- Unibet Review
- TheScore Bet Review
- Fox Bet Review
- SBK Sportsbook Indiana (Upcoming)
Indiana Sports Betting Bonus Codes
Indiana sports betting apps give customers three types of bonuses. Bonus offers range between deposit bonuses, free bet and risk free bets. Below, BonusFinder lists the best Indiana sports betting sites, their bonus information, and their promo codes and bonus codes.
|INDIANA BETTING SITE||SPORTS BETTING BONUS||PROMO CODE|
|Fox Bet Indiana||$500||N/A|
Top 10 Indiana Betting Apps
Sportsbooks are plenty in the Great State of Indiana. However, sports betting sites are not all created equal. From their bonuses to game selection, BonusFinder US ranks the Best Indiana Sportsbooks. This is not to say that some sportsbooks would be bad, some are just better than others.
1. PointsBet Indiana
Originally from Australia, PointsBet approaches sports betting differently. They are one of the most highly anticipated brands in the country and no wonder. They rank no. 1 in IN because of their huge bonus.
In addittion to their own brand of online sports betting (called Pointsbetting), they give out a massive $2,000 bonus offer to Indiana sports bettors. $1,500 must be used for pointsbetting, while the rest can be used for traditional wagers.
2. BetMGM Sportsbook
BetMGM has been a leader in the US casino gaming industry since the 1970s. Their strong presence in the Indiana sports betting field is thus no surprise. The strength of BetMGM Indiana lies in their state of the art sportsbook app.
Given their success, BetMGM IN has managed to wrestle much of the market share from DraftKings and Fanduel. Their $1,000 risk free bet bonus must have something to do with it.
FanDuel Sportsbook launch date in was October 22nd 2019, and since then the daily fantasy football giant in the betting industry has been making sports betting in Indiana way more interesting. With their two casino partners, Belterra Casino and Blue Chip Casino, they offer a wide range of betting options for Indiana residents.
FanDuel flat out gives new players $1,000 to bet with risk free. Of course, you need to deposit the matching amount to receive the bonus offer.
4. DraftKings Indiana
The daily fantasy sports operator gives new customers only a 20% up to $1,000 deposit match bonus. However, sportsbook app is a standout among Indiana sports betting apps.
They also have a casino app, and in with their land based partner Ameristar Casino East Chicago, they provide betting for football, basketball, hockey, soccer, baseball, golf, tennis, auto racing, cycling, boxing and UFC.
Unibet Sportsbook in Indiana is the first global sportsbook in the Hoozier State. Their real money gambling product is the same across all jurisdictions – excellent.
They come out swining, with 2x $10 free bet no promo code required on signup. Furthermore, they’ll match the first deposit up to a cap of $250.
6. BetRivers Indiana
SugarHouse sportsbook is now BetRivers in Colorado, Illinois, and Indiana. Their 20 year experience hasn’t changed with the name, and they offer Indiana bettors an excellent product.
Their welcome offer is a straightforward $250 deposit bonus. It’s simple, but it’s the few deposit bonuses in online sports betting, so it’s well worth it. Use the promo code 250MATCH for the online sportsbook.
7. Caesars Sportsbook Indiana
Caesars is known for their casino games both in Las Vegas and in Atlantic City. However, they have recently become a force in the betting industry as well.
Caesars Sportsbook Indiana has become the main focus on their sports betting campaing. That’s why they offer an increased $5,000 risk free bet bonus.
WynnBET is one of the fasteset growing online gambling companies in the United States. Since January, the sports betting operator has launched in Michigan, VA, TN, and now Indiana.
The WynnBET Sportsbook bonus offer is simple: Place a first bet up to $500 and if you lose, you get your money back. If you win, you keep it all.
TwinSpires used to be just a horse racing betting app. However, they have expanded to several sports betting markets in the United States.
Their bonus is a great $1,000, and their sports betting platform is probably the best in the business. However, same can’t be said for their land based casino partner Rising Star Casino Resort. Use the promo code BET1000 for the online sportsbook.
Sports Betting Guide
You are ahead of most Indiana bettors as you have read the sports gambling page this far. Here is what you can do more to maximize your bets:
- Read the bonus terms carefully before taking up the offers. This way you will not end up taking offers and making bets which seemed exciting at first but do not prove valuable later as you gamble online.
- Optimize on your money management with deposits and withdrawals. Try to take full advantage of the welcome bonus offers and free bets. Withdraw your funds, if necessary, once the offer is cleared.
- Keep an eye on launch offers from new sportsbooks. New betting apps may give you more bonuses and welcome offers.
- Read the promotions page of the casino for more offers. Online sportsbook apps and sites often have some ongoing promos, bonuses, parlay boosts, or odds boosts.
- Online sportsbooks email marketing newsletters give offers and gambling updates such as reload deposit weekly betting promos to subscribers.
- Compare the Odds between different sportsbooks. Different providers have different odds for the same game. Check multiple sites, and pick the best odds.
- Download the App from the sportsbook site. You’ll find it a lot easier to bet on the go (we’ll talk more about this below)
To some, the offer made by BetRivers Indiana or others seems too good to be true. If you’re wondering if there’s a catch, you’re right – there is. As you might suspect, giving away $250 bonus money with no-strings-attached isn’t a smart business strategy.
But here in the Hoosier State, the online sportsbooks offer incredibly lax wagering requirements. BetRivers Indiana only requires 1x wagering the bonus amount, as does FanDuel with their risk-free bet. However, it is still always important to check the bonus terms & conditions for the wagering.
Sports Betting Apps
All the online gambling sites naturally offer mobile sports betting apps, too. All mobile sports betting apps are compatible with iOS and Android mobile devices. You can download the gambling apps directly from the online sportsbook websites.
iOS installations are usually a walk in the park – just search for your mobile betting app in the App Store. Android downloads are a bit trickier, as the Google Play Store currently does not allow mobile betting apps. In these cases, you’ll have to get your app from the sportsbook’s website.
Sometimes, your Android mobile device will block downloads from third-party sources. To get around this, go into your security settings and enable downloads from “Unknown Sources.” Does that sound like too much work for you? No worries – most gaming websites work well in mobile browsers.
Can I wager outside of Indiana state limits?
Mobile sportsbooks make use of geolocation technology. If you attempt to log on outside Indiana, it won’t allow you to place bets on sports betting apps.
This restriction is in place to comply with Indiana state law. However, be aware that near the Indiana border, your phone may pick up towers in other states.
Legal Sports Betting Options
You can place sports bets on almost all sports in Indiana. BonusFinder has compiled a comprehensive list on betting market options for sports in the Hoosier State.
There are some Indiana Sports Teams in major sports leagues. However, the number of pro sports teams in the Hoosier State is quite limited, and if one of them makes the play-offs, it’s a big surprise.
|Basketball||Indiana Pacers (NBA)
Indiana Fever (WNBA)
|Football||Indianapolis Colts (NFL AFC South)|
|Soccer||Indy Eleven (Major League Soccer applied)|
Bcause Indiana sports teams are not well represented in pro sports leagues, sports wagering tends to be geared towards major US sporting events. At least the following sports events are included in the betting highlights of the state.
International Sports Events
Due to the lack of pro sports success in the state, international betting markets might be more lucrative for sports bettors. Indiana sportsbooks don’t disappoint, and dish out a full slate of professional sports events from around the world.
|Sport||Leagues / Events|
|Soccer||English Premier League
Mexican Liga Bancomer
French Ligue 1
Spanish La Liga
World Golf Championships
|Rugby||Six Nations Cup
|Mixed Martial Arts Betting||UFC
Professional Fighters League
|Boxing||Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC)
World Boxing Council (WBC)
World Boxing Organization (WBO)
Collegiate sports are a big deal in Indiana, and they have several teams in NCAA Division 1. Indiana sportsbooks offer betting on at least the following teams. Especially Hoosiers college football has led to Hoosier mania at times.
- Ball State Cardinals – Mid-American Conference (FBS)
- Butler Bulldogs – Big East Conference
- Evansville Purple Aces – Missouri Valley Conference (non-football)
- Indiana Hoosiers – Big Ten Conference (FBS)
- Indiana State Sycamores – Missouri Valley Conference
- IUPUI Jaguars – Horizon League (non-football)
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish – Atlantic Coast Conference / FBS independent
- Purdue Boilermakers – Big Ten Conference (FBS)
- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons – Summit League (non-football)
- Valparaiso Crusaders – Missouri Valley Conference
Other betting options
Sports wagers are not the only wagers available in Indiana. Your bet slip can also include non sporting events. However, don’t even think about trying to bet on the elections, as that’s still highly prohibited.
|Award Shows||The Oscars|
Are daily fantasy sports legal in Indiana?
Yes, fantasy sports are definitely legal in Indiana. However, due to the comparatively high DFS fees, DraftKings and FanDuel are the only two operators in the state.
Off Track Betting Parlors
There are also some off track betting facilities for horse races in Indiana. Like retail sportsbooks, racinos and off track betting sites allow you to place horse bets on their premises. The biggest and best in the state is the Indiana Grand Casino and Racecourse.
In addition to most markets, you can also place all the regular bet types on sports betting sites in Indiana. You can even place prop bets on college sports, unlike in many other states.
- Moneyline – Straight bets on the game’s winner. You can also bet on draw if it’s available.
- Spread Bets – Usually portsbooks set a spread for the other team to cover. For example, you can bet that the Indiana Pacers win by at least 3. If they win by three or more, they cover the spread and you win your bet.
- Over/Under (Totals) Bets – You bet on the points total of the game, quarter, inning, or period.
- Prop Bets – Proposition bets are bets on certain events of the game. For example, you can bet if Domantis Sabonis his three threes in a game.
- Futures bets- Futures are like long term props. You can, for example, bet on the Super Bowl champion before the NFL season begins.
- Parlays – Parlays are a combination two or more sports bets. Each leg must win, or you lose your wager.
- Live Betting – Also called in-play betting or in-game betting. You wager during the event (on the next goal, foul, or touchdown etc.)
Retail Betting Locations – September 2021
Indiana online sports betting industry isn’t the only player that has benefited from the legislation changes. Changes in gaming laws have also allowed land based casinos to add sportsbooks. Below, we’ll list off gaming establishments where sports betting is available.
|Casino||Address||Sportsbook / Tech Partner|
|Ameristar Casino Resort||777 Aldis Ave, East Chicago, IN 46312||DraftKings|
|Belterra Casino Resort||777 Belterra Dr, Florence, IN 47020||FanDuel, Betway|
|Blue Chip Casino||777 Blue Chip Dr, Michigan City, IN 46360||FanDuel|
|French Lick Resort Casino||8670 IN-56, French Lick, IN 47432||Rush Street Interactive|
|Harrah s Hoosier Park||4500 Dan Patch Cir, Anderson, IN 46013||Caesars Sports|
|Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg||777 Hollywood Blvd, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025||Penn National / Barstool Sportsbook|
|Horseshoe Casino Hammond||777 Casino Center Dr, Hammond, IN 46320||Caesars Sports|
|Horseshoe Southern Indiana Hotel & Casino||11999 Casino Center Dr SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117||Caesars Sports|
|Indiana Grand Racing & Casino||4300 N Michigan Rd, Shelbyville, IN 46176||Caesars Sports|
|Majestic Star Casino||1 Buffington Harbor Dr, Gary, IN 46406||USA Sports Gaming|
|Rising Star Casino Resort||777 Rising Star Dr, Rising Sun, IN 47040||TwinSpires|
|Tropicana Evansville Casino||421 NW Riverside Dr, Evansville, IN 47708||Caesars Sportsbook|
|Winner s Circle Clarksville||650 Eastern Blvd, Clarksville, IN 47129||Caesars Sports|
|Winner s Circle Indianapolis||20 N Pennsylvania St, Indianapolis, IN 46204||Caesars Sports|
|Winners Circle New Haven||1304 Minnich Rd, New Haven, IN 46774||Caesars Sports|
Registering for a Sports Betting Account
Before you can bet online, you need to register at a state-licensed online sportsbook. Here, at Bonusfinder, we’ve listed the personal details required by most sportsbooks. Afterwards, the casino will send you a verifaction e-mail including an activation link. Click the link, and you’re ready to play.
The most commonly required fields are listed below:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Home address
- Zip code
- Mobile phone number
- Age verification
Sports Betting Indiana Banking Options
To get started gambling online in Indiana, you’ll need to get your money online first. Credit Cards and bank transfers are the most convinient, but e-wallets like PayPal offer most security. While all the deposits are instant, withdrwals take some time based on the withdrawal method.
|Banking Method||Deposits||Withdrawals||Withdrawal Time|
|Cash at the Casino Cage||Yes||Yes||1 - 4 hours|
|Prepaid Card||Yes||Yes||2 - 6 hours|
|PayPal||Yes||Yes||2 - 3 days|
|ACH/E-checks||Yes||Yes||3 - 5 days|
|PayNearMe by 7-Eleven||Yes||No||N/A|
Conclusion – Sports Betting Indiana is Here to Stay
The Hoozier state has embraced sports betting fast and hard. From online sports betting to brick-and-mortar casinos, Indiana offers multiple gaming opportunites – with more, like the exciting new upstart BetVigtory Sportsbook on the way.
The Indiana online sports betting laws are maybe the most advanced in the country and they have a low tax rate, which provides bettors with even more lucrative opportunities. Therefore, the future of Indiana sport betting looks bright. To read more, check the official Sports Wagering Statute (IC 4-38).
- Is sports betting legal in Indiana?
- Is DraftKings Sportsbook available in Indiana?
- Can I bet on IU Hoosiers football on Saturdays?
- Can I wager on sports online in Indiana if I'm from out-of-state?
- Is Bovada legal in Indiana?
- Do I have to be 21 years old to gamble in Indiana?