- ⭐ AZ Sports Betting
- ⭐ Legal Sportsbooks & Betting in Arizona
- ⭐ Best Arizona Sportsbooks & Bonuses
- ⭐ Sports Betting in Arizona Timeline
- ⭐ Arizona Sports Betting Law
- ⭐ Sports Betting Markets
- ⭐Start Sports Betting in Arizona: A How-to
- ⭐ Daily Fantasy Sports in Arizona
- ⭐ Horse betting in Arizona
- ⭐ Arizona Department of Gaming
⭐ AZ Sports Betting
Arizona is a sports-crazy state. It’s a fact that was only amplified by the recent NBA Finals run of the Phoenix Suns. The state that borders Nevada is also no stranger to sports betting. However, until 2021, sports bettors needed to cross the border to Nevada in order to bet legally. This is no longer the case, as both online and retail sports betting were legalized in April 2021. Arizona Department of Gaming finalized the state sports betting rules on July 26, 2021. The state opened its doors for license applications on exactly the same day to facilitate online gambling in Arizona. Betting is set to go live by the start of the NFL season on September 9th.
⭐ Legal Sportsbooks & Betting in Arizona
Arizona gambling law makes it possible for 10 professional sports teams and 10 Native American Arizona tribes in the state to acquire a legal sports betting partner, making it one of the most competitive markets in the US. All well-known sports betting sites have already flocked to the state and established partnerships with local operators and teams. We expect this list will keep growing before the September 9th launch date.
|Sportsbook||Pro Sports / Tribal Casino Partner||Expected Bonus|
|BetMGM Sportsbook AZ||Arizona Cardinals (NFL)/Gila River Hotels & Casinos||$1,000 Risk Free (pre launch $200 no deposit sign up bonus)|
|DraftKings AZ Sportsbook||Waste Management Open / TPC Scottsdale / PGA Tour||$1,000 Deposit Bonus|
|FanDuel Sportsbook AZ||Phoenix Suns||$1,000 Risk Free|
|Barstool Sportsbook App||Phoenix Raceway||$1,000 Risk Free|
|Unibet AZ||Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation||$500 Risk Free|
|Caesars Online Sportsbook||Arizona Diamondbacks / Ak-Chin Indian Community||$5,000 Risk Free|
|WynnBET AZ||San Carlos Apache Tribe||$1,000 Risk Free|
|TwinSpires Online AZ Sportsbook||Tonto Apache Tribe||$1,000 Risk Free|
|Betfred||Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation||TBD|
|Betway||San Juan Southern Palute Tribe||TBD|
|Fubo Gaming||Ak-Chin Indian Community||TBD|
|Golden Nugget||Hualapai Tribe||TBD|
|SuperBook||Fort Mojave Indian Tribe||TBD|
|BetRivers Arizona||Indoor Football League s Arizona Rattlers||TBD|
|Bally Bet||Phoenix Mercury||TBD|
⭐ Best Arizona Sportsbooks & Bonuses
Arizona online sports betting bonuses are on the horizon. We list here all the possible sportsbooks bonuses and promo codes in Arizona’s online sports betting universe. As a new sports bettor in Arizona, you can make use of these bonuses and promos to bet on sports in Arizona. You can use Arizona betting bonuses even if you do not live in the state. You can make your new account from anywhere in the US. But to bet online in Arizona, you must be present within the state borders.
BetRivers Arizona Bonus
Rush Street Interactive’s BetRivers mobile app will be available for online sports gambling in the state. BetRivers in Arizona has partnered with Arizona Rattlers, the popular professional indoor football franchise. BetRivers sportsbook bonus for Arizonans could be a 100% deposit match up to $250, just like BetRivers casino bonus. The good news is that wagering requirement could be just 1x.
|✏️ BetRivers Arizona Bonus Code||250MATCH (TBD)|
|💰 BetRivers AZ Sportsbook Bonus||100% Up To $250|
|✔️ Wagering Requirements||1x|
|🏛️ BetRivers AZ Partner||Arizona Rattlers|
BetMGM Arizona Online Sportsbook
BetMGM Arizona is giving a $200 pre-launch no deposit free bet bonus offer from 28 August for a very limited time and until 9 September 2021. All you need to do is to sign up in Arizona. The Arizona sportsbook’s usual betting bonus offer could be the $1,000 risk-free bet with bonus code BONUSMGM. Terms and conditions of the offer indicate that you cannot cashout the bet to be eligible for the welcome bonus.
|✏️ BetMGM Betting in Arizona Bonus Code||BONUSMGM|
|💰 BetMGM AZ Bonus||up to $1,000 risk-free bet (TBD)|
|✔️ Wagering Requirement||1x|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$10|
|🏛️ AZ Land-Based Partner||Gila River Hotels & Casinos|
|🏛️ AZ NFL Partner||Arizona Cardinals|
WynnBET Arizona Betting Offer
WynnBET Arizona sports betting has a $200 pre launch offer with $1,000 risk free bet (28 August – 13 September). As a new user, you can register for WynnBET Arizona and make a qualifying deposit of a minimum $20 to receive a $1,000 risk-free bet and a limited-time a $200 free bet. If you deposit even just $19 in the first deposit, you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Terms and conditions apply.
|✏️ WynnBET Arizona Promo Code||Click Bonus Link|
|💰 WynnBET AZ Bonus||up to $1,000 riskfree bet (prospective)|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$20|
|🏛️ Land-Based Partner||San Carlos Apache Tribal Gaming Enterprise|
|🏛️ Launch Date||September 9th|
Wynn Resorts’ WynnBET sports betting has secured online sports betting license in Arizona. The market entry was made possible due to a collaboration with the San Carlos Apache Tribal Gaming Enterprise in AZ. Wynn Arizona will also launch its Wynn Rewards programs with three tiers: Red, Platinum, and Black.
Caesars Arizona Online Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook in Arizona has the usual welcome deposit offer of $5,000 risk free bet. If you lose your first bet in AZ, you get a Free Bet in equal value up to $5,000! Caesars AZ promo is also a limited period launch offer of $100 for new sign-ups (28 August – 8 September, 2021). When you make a real money deposit during the Promotion Period you get an additional $1 Free Bet for points scored by Arizona state university, University of Arizona Wildcats in Men’s Collegiate Football, every point scored by Arizona Cardinals in NFL on Sep 12, 2021 and MLB from Sep 10-Sep 12, 2021. Terms and conditions apply.
Unibet Arizona Sports Betting
Unibet has a secured a deal with the Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation. it is a 10-year agreement that provides Unibet with market access in Arizona. Unibet Arizona welcome promotion would be $500 risk free bet offer. $500 risk free bet promo will require you to be on minimum odds of -300. Unibet sports will soon be taking bets in AZ beginning September 9, 2021.
Betway Sportsbook Bonus
Betway sportsbook is an online betting platform in some states including in NJ, CO and IN. They may launch in at least ten states in the US. Betway AZ sports bonus could be a $250 risk free bet (prospective), keeping in line with its offers in other states. You do not need a promo or bonus code for Betway. The wagering requirement will be only 1x. You can bet on MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, UFC and many other sports on the Betway Arizona mobile app or website once AZ sports betting online is live. Betway Arizona partner is the San Juan Southern Palute Tribe.
Fubo Sportsbook in Arizona
Fubo Gaming aims to integrate live sports streaming and online betting. It is a subsidiary of fuboTV. In Arizona, they have partnered with Ak Chin Indian community. the Ak-Chin Indian Community got a special license for online sports betting through a mobile app for Arizona on August 27.
Fubo sportsbook bonus is unknown but you can sign up on their site for updates when it launches in the state. Fubo sportsbook is paired with subscription-based fuboTV, and it will deliver the personalized sports betting experience. Once Fubo Arizona is live, you can just Watch, Wager, and Win!
Golden Nugget AZ Sportsbook
Golden Nugget Online Gaming has secured an online tribal sports betting license from the Arizona Department of Gaming. Golden Nugget Arizona partner is the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation (GRCR), a company of the Hualapai Arizona Tribe. Their sportsbook offer for Arizona betting could likely be the $250 risk free first bet (minimum odds -200).
Bally Bet Arizona
Bally Bet is currently in IA and CO with 100% up to $550 risk free first bet offer. Bally’s Corp. and WNBA’s Phoenix Mercury have secured a partnership for the Arizona sportsbook launch. Bally’s is to be Phoenix Mercury’s sports betting partner for the next fifteen years exclusively. Bally’s promises to bring back the fun to sports betting. Let’s see what it has to offer to Arizonans.
FanDuel Sportsbook AZ
FanDuel Arizona sports betting site has a launch offer of $100 in free credits. $75 is for FanDuel sportsbook and $25 is for Daily Fantasy Sports or DFS. The usual FanDuel offer could be a $1,000 risk free bet promo but that is prospective right now. Create your FanDuel account using our link to visit the site.
⭐ Sports Betting in Arizona Timeline
Here is how Arizona legal sports betting legislation has evolved making the legalization of online betting possible.
- September 9th, 2021 – Legal sportsbooks in Arizona is set to go live.
- July 26, 2021 – Arizona sports wagering rules become official, and the two week application period starts.
- July 16, 2021 — The ADG holds a session to discuss license allocation in a case where more than 10 tribes and 10 sports teams qualify for a license.
- July 2, 2021 — Arizona regulators come out with information for the proposed tax rate and license fee. Retail betting would be taxed at 8% and mobile wagers at 10%, with licenses costing $850,000.
- June 17, 2021 — A draft of the Arizona sports wagering rules is released for public comment.
- June 2, 2021 — The Arizona Department of Gaming announces that sports betting will launch in the Grand Canyon State on Sept. 9, 2021.
- May 24, 2021 — The US Department of the Interior approves the state’s new tribal compact.
- April 15, 2021 — Gov. Doug Ducey signs the sports betting bill which also legalizes daily fantasy sports and keno in the state. A new tribal compact requiring federal approval is also signed.
- April 12, 2021 — The Senate approves Arizona sports betting bill HB2772, and sends it to the governor’s desk for his signature.
- March 4, 2021 — The Arizona House of Representatives approves HB 2772.
Arizona Sportsbook Updates
- While the Arizona Department of Gaming announced eighteen license winners, only fifteen Arizona sportsbooks partners are known until late August 2021.
- PointsBet (partnered with Yavapi-Apache Nation), MaximBet and BlueBet are some of the biggest ommissions so far. Arizona Sports bettors can soon start claiming risk free bets or no deposit pre launch bonuses in Arizona. BetMGM Arizona sportsbook has come up with a pre-launch $200 no deposit bonus from 28 August.
- Sports wagering in Arizona will launch on September 9th if everything goes according to plan. The state lawmakers understand the revenue brought in by the start of the NFL season, which will kick off the second weekend of September.
- The licensed sports wagering operators are able to start marketing and sign up Arizona sports bettors online as well as on mobile from August 28, 2021. Welcome offers related to betting in Arizona are already live in the state.
⭐ Arizona Sports Betting Law
ADG has released the final set of laws regarding Arizona online betting.
- AZ event wagering law allows for both professional sports franchises and tribal casinos. There will be a total of 20 licenses, 10 for professional sports teams and 10 for tribes.
- Online wagers will be taxed at 10%, retail betting at 8%.
- The initial license fee is $850,000.
- Wagering on in-state college sports is allowed.
- College player props are not allowed. Wagers will be prohibited on injuries, penalties, collegiate proposition bets, and high school events in Arizona.
Note that AZ Sports franchises do not directly run sportsbooks. Teams such as the Phoenix Suns can collaborate with an operator. The teams have no say in the daily operations of any Arizona sportsbooks. This is a key piece of information on the Arizona betting landscape.
⭐ Sports Betting Markets
Arizona is home to four professional sports teams as well as one of the most successful college basketball programs in the country. Types of wagers will include single-game bets, teaser bets, parlays, over-under bets, money line bets, pools, exchange wagering, in-game wagering, in-play bets, prop bets, straight bets, and more.
Bet on NFL
The Arizona Cardinals moved to the state in 1998. Since then, they’ve made the Super Bowl only once. However, NFL betting is still the biggest thing in the US sports bet calendar. And we can expect that Arizonians will be betting on the Cardinals.
Bet on NBA
The 2020 – 2021 NBA runner’s up Phoenix Suns are the longest-standing major professional team in Arizona. Lead by Chris Paul, the Suns were up 2-0 in the 2021 NBA finals before succumbing to Milwaukee Bucks. After sports betting is legalized, the Suns will be one of the NBA betting favorites in the state.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are the only professional team in the state to win a title, taking the World Series crown in 2001. Their most recent success was winning the Western Division back in 2011, so Arizonians are hungry for the Diamondbacks to do well. This paves the way for an interesting MLB betting season.
It’s almost funny that there is a hockey team in the Arizona heat. Formerly known as the Phoenix Coyotes, the Arizona Coyotes are the oldest hockey franchise in the country that has never played in the Stanley Cup finals. This doesn’t stop the residents from participating in some NHL betting though, but it is not nearly as popular as other sports.
Bet on NCAA
The Arizona Wildcats men’s basketball team has made the March Madness final four six times. With in-state college betting allowed in the Great Canyon state, NCAA and March Madness betting will likely be among the biggest sports betting events in the state.
⭐Start Sports Betting in Arizona: A How-to
Placing bets on Arizona sports and AZ sportsbook apps is an easy process.
- Create an online account with the sportsbook and complete the sign-up. You can download the sportsbook app for Apple or Android devices or use the website if the site is online. Use our bonus link to visit the site. Don’t forget to type bonus code like BONUSMGM for BetMGM or BONUSFINDERRF for Caesars sportsbook. You will be asked the usual registration details like name, address, phone number, last 4 digits of your SSN, answers to security questions, and so on.
- Make your first, initial deposit with the sportsbook. If you have to place bets and get the welcome bonus offer in Arizona, you will need to make a deposit. Almost all sportsbook bonuses require you to make a deposit. There may be a minimum deposit requirement too. Check the deposit and withdrawal methods for cashier options at various Arizona sportsbooks.
Arizona Live Betting
Sportsbook apps in AZ will let you bet on live games. Also called live betting or in-play betting, AZ bets could be placed on updated sports events depending on how it is unfolding.
- You can make your bet slip as the real sports event action unfolds before your eyes. Bet in-game on mobile apps while following the game live on the screen.
- Are you good with knowing which side the wind is blowing in Arizona sporting event(s)? Well, then live bets is for you.
- FuboTV sportsbook in Arizona will particularly cater to this kind of betting online.
Types of Wagers in Arizona
Wondering what types of wagers you can place in the state of Arizona? Rules provide for wagers, including but not limited to, single game bets, teaser bets, parlays, over-under bets, money line bets, pools, exchange wagering, in-game wagering, in-play bets, prop bets, and straight bets.
Prohibited Wagers in Arizona
As per AZ event wagering and fantasy sports rules, you can NOT bet on injuries, penalties, collegiate proposition bets, and high school events.
Types of Sportsbook Bonuses in Arizona
Arizona has a sizeable population and the betting market is going to be huge. Various AZ sports betting sites have to offer competitive bonuses to sign up new sports bettors. As such, you will have some variety in available promos and bonuses in Arizona.
- Odds Boosts in Arizona will give you certain favors in specified select wagering. Usually, such odds boost promotions are given only when the sportsbook is more established. But there is no reason not to expect them even in launch offers when a state has just opened up online betting like in Arizona. If you choose to take advantage of such a boost while making your bet slip, you will get the possible returns for that bet different from the usual betting market.
- You will get free bets from some online betting operators. It is usually in the form of site credits that you can use only on the website or app. They cannot be withdrawn usually. Read free bet terms and conditions especially those relating to the playthrough requirements so that you know when and how you can withdraw your winnings.
- Deposit match bonus is when you get a bonus after your first or initial deposit at the sports book. It could be, for example, 100% up to a certain amount or 20% up to the max amount and so on depending on the terms.
- Risk free bets are given to bettors as welcome bonuses. When your first bet loses, you get site credits equivalent to the first settled wager loss. There is often a time limit (such as 7 or 30 days) within which you have to use the credits or they will expire. Read the terms carefully.
Withdrawal & Deposits at AZ Sportsbooks
AZ betting sites online will provide you with multiple deposit and withdrawal methods. You can check all possible methods in your account in the app or site.
- The most common methods are credit and debit cards, PayPal, online banking, ACH, Prepaid cards and cash at casino cage (aka retail sportsbook).
- Options vary depending on the betting operator.
- Not all methods are available for both depositing and withdrawing. Usually, you will need to deposit through a particular method before withdrawing through the same method.
⭐ Daily Fantasy Sports in Arizona
The law is very clear on the legality of DFS in the state. The 2021 bill legalized DFS in the state of Arizona and DFS games will be available for 21+ Arizonans. DFS was illegal in the state and considered a game of chance. Now that is no more the case.
- Arizona Daily Fantasy Sports went live on August 28, 2021. It precedes online sportsbook gambling launch by two weeks.
- FanDuel and DraftKings AZ have launched with pre launch offers. Four other operators are also licensed to launch:Fantasy Football Players Championship, Fantasy Sports Shark, Underdog Sports, and Yahoo.
- Arizonans can expect daily events, season-long gaming and in-game contests on DFS apps. Some DFS formats, including DraftKings and FanDuel feature free-to-play pools where players choose multiple outcomes in one or more than one event. If you select all the outcomes correctly, you are in for a huge financial surprise. Arizona online gamblers can look forward to such DFS fun.
- The DFS platform operator is required by law to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all player communications, security and confidentiality of player data, including personal and financial information.
⭐ Horse betting in Arizona
Yes, you can bet on horses in the state. Parimutuel wagering has been legal in Arizona since the mid-1930s. The state has 3 racetracks and two county fairs for racing. Turf Paradise in Phoenix is a popular destination lasting over many months. In fact, Arizona is one of the few states in the US that offers a year-round racing circuit.
- Arizona Department of Racing regulates the horse racing industry.
- Off-track wagering parlors are sometimes located in bars and restaurants in AZ.
- Rillito Park in Arizona is considered the birthplace of Quarter Horse racing.
- Online horse wagering is allowed in Arizona state through gambling sites like TwinSpires and TVG.
The state of Arizona has two county fairs where you can enjoy live racing. Santa Cruz County is located southwest of Tucson, Arizona. It runs a two-day meet on the first weekend of May. Cochise County also runs a two-day live racing meet in Douglas, Arizona. It is a community located on the Arizona-Mexico border.
⭐ Arizona Department of Gaming
Online sports gambling in Arizona will be supervised by the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG).
- House Bill 2772 and amended Tribal-State Gaming Compacts mandate the Arizona Department of Gaming (ADG) to adopt rules and act as the primary regulator and enforcement body for event wagering and daily fantasy sports.
- All online gambling operators are required to maintain a geofencing system to ensure the physical location of the players in Arizona. A geolocation check is to be made to ensure that it is an authorized session of play. Out-of-Arizona real-money online gambling will be blocked by law.
- An independent test laboratory will certify that all event wagering online gambling systems complies with all technical standards in the state Act. From responsible gaming, self-exclusion to online security and reporting requirements, online gambling operators have to follow the word of the law.
ADG runs an AZ specific problem gambling website and help at problemgambling.az.gov. It provides a number of support services, education and treatment programs for problem gambling affected bettors and gamblers.
- Arizona’s 24/7 helpline is available at 1-800-NEXT-STEP.
- The Division of Problem Gambling offers two kinds of Self-Exclusions for Arizona casino players and bettors: Casino self-exclusion and Event Wagering & Fantasy Sports (EWFS) self-exclusion. Your name will be removed from the exclusion list only when the duration ends and you cannot rescind it before the term. A properly executed request (filled form) is processed the same day.
- Some online gambling sites like Harrah’s/William Hill/Caesars Entertainment have a policy that any person excluded from one of their casino sites is excluded from all of their casinos anywhere in the world. So read all terms carefully before making your responsible gambling choices.
Arizona Sports Betting FAQs
- When will AZ sports betting launch?
- Can I bet on the Wildcats in Arizona?
- What operators will have sportsbooks in Arizona?
- Is mobile betting legal in Arizona?
- Do I have to be an Arizona resident to bet?