- ⭐Arizona Online Sports Betting 2022
- ⭐Best Arizona Online Sportsbooks
- ⭐ Top 13 Arizona Online Betting Sites
- ⭐ Arizona Sports Betting Apps
- ⭐How to Bet on Arizona Sportsbooks
- ⭐Sports Wagering Market
- ⭐Sports to Bet on in Arizona
- ⭐Arizona Bet Types
- ⭐ Arizona Betting Legalization Timeline
- ⭐ Conclusion: Arizona Sports Betting
⭐Arizona Online Sports Betting 2022
Online sports betting in Arizona is legal. Legalization of online betting sites in Arizona has ensured that licensed sportsbook sites like BetMGM AZ, DraftKings, WynnBET AZ, and others are allowed to take bets in the state.
- Arizona is a sports-crazy state. It’s a fact that was only amplified by the recent NBA Finals run of the Phoenix Suns. The state that borders Nevada is also no stranger to online sports betting.
- However, until 2021, Arizona sports bettors needed to cross the border to Nevada in order to bet legally. This is no longer the case, as both online Arizona sports betting and retail sports betting were legalized in April 2021.
- Arizona Department of Gaming finalized the state sports betting in Arizona rules on July 26, 2021. The state opened its doors for license applications on exactly the same day to facilitate online gambling in Arizona. Betting is set to go live by the start of the NFL season on September 9th.
⭐Best Arizona Online Sportsbooks
State’s online gambling law makes it possible for 10 professional sports teams and 10 Native American Arizona tribes in the state to acquire a legal Arizona sports betting partner, making it one of the most competitive markets in the US. All well-known sports betting sites have already flocked to the state and established partnerships with local operators and teams. We expect that the Arizona sports betting sites list will keep growing.
|AZ Betting Sites||Pro Sports / AZ Tribal Casino Partner||AZ Betting Bonus|
|BetMGM Sportsbook AZ||Arizona Cardinals (NFL)/Gila River Hotels & Casinos||$1,000 Risk Free|
|DraftKings AZ Sportsbook||Waste Management Open / TPC Scottsdale / PGA Tour||$1,000 Deposit Bonus|
|FanDuel Sportsbook AZ||Phoenix Suns||$1,000 Risk Free|
|Unibet AZ||Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation||$250 Risk Free|
|Caesars Arizona Sportsbook||Arizona Diamondbacks / Ak-Chin Indian Community||$1,100 First bet insurance|
|WynnBET AZ||San Carlos Apache Tribe||$1,000 Risk Free|
|SaharaBets AZ||Arizona Coyotes||Las Vegas trip + free bets & $10 free bet on player birthday|
|Betfred Arizona||Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation||$250 free bet|
|BetRivers Arizona||Indoor Football League s Arizona Rattlers||$250 deposit match|
|Betway||San Juan Southern Palute Tribe||$250 Risk Free Bet|
|Fubo Sportsbook Arizona||Ak-Chin Indian Community||30 days of free Fubo TV + $1K risk free bet|
|Golden Nugget AZ||Hualapai Tribe||TBD|
|SuperBook||Fort Mojave Indian Tribe||100% up to $750 Deposit Bonus|
|Barstool Sportsbook App||Phoenix Raceway||$1,000 Risk Free|
|Bally Bet||Phoenix Mercury||TBD (bet match)|
⭐ Top 13 Arizona Online Betting Sites
We list here major Arizona sports betting sites and their sportsbook bonuses and promos. As a new sports bettor in Arizona, you can make use of these bonuses and promos to bet on sports. You can use Arizona betting bonuses even if you do not live in the state. You can make your new account from anywhere in the US on any of the sports betting sites listed here. But to bet online in Arizona on sports betting sites, you must be present within the state borders. More Arizona sports betting sites like Betfred AZ have launched in the state.
1. BetMGM Sportsbook: $1,000 free bet for New Players
The Arizona sportsbook’s betting bonus offer is the $1,000 risk-free bet with bonus code BONUSMGM. Terms and conditions of the offer indicate that you cannot cashout the bet to be eligible for the welcome bonus.
BetMGM Arizona was also giving a $200 pre-launch no deposit free bet bonus offer from 28 August for a very limited time and until 9 September 2021. Currently, you can claim the $1K bonus with our promo code.
BetMGM has a number of online promotions for new and existing customers, including a VIP loyalty program, M Life Rewards and Money Monday Club by BetMGM which gets you $10 free bet every week.
BetMGM Online Sportsbook offers AZ players traditional sports betting markets and more. Every sport including NBA odds, NFL, college football spread, Olympics, popular events, leagues, tournaments and many other sports are available for sports fans.
Bet types include Moneyline, Parlays, Point Spread Bets, Over / Unders, Prop Bets, Futures or live betting.
|✏️ BetMGM Arizona Sports Betting Bonus Code||BONUSMGM|
|💰 BetMGM AZ Bonus||up to $1,000 risk-free bet|
|✔️ Wagering Requirement||1x|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$10|
|🏛️ AZ Land-Based Partner||Gila River Hotels & Casinos|
|🏛️ AZ NFL Partner||Arizona Cardinals|
2. DraftKings Sportsbook: $5 Minimum Deposit for Betting
DraftKings Arizona sports betting site is live in the state for sports betting and Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS). DraftKings gives Arizona sports bettors a deposit matched bonus up to $1K. You get 20% match only. So, if a new bettor deposits $50 at the AZ site, they get $10 bonus matched. You need to make the lowest possible deposit of $5 to claim the welcome offer. The playthrough requirement is 25x.
You can download the DraftKings mobile app from the App Store for iOS phones. For Android mobile devices, you will need to download the DraftKings app from the DraftKings website in the state.
|💰 DraftKings AZ Bonus||20% up to $1,000 risk-free bet|
|✔️ Wagering Requirement||25x for betting in Arizona|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$5|
|🏛️ AZ Partner||PGA TOUR|
3. WynnBET Sportsbook: Bet $10, Win $200
Wynn Resorts’ WynnBET sports betting in Arizona has secured sports betting license. The market entry was made possible due to a collaboration with the San Carlos Apache Tribal Gaming Enterprise in AZ.
As a new user, you can register for WynnBET Arizona sports betting site and make a qualifying deposit of a minimum $20 to receive a $1,000 risk-free bet. If you deposit even just $19 in the first deposit, you will not be eligible for the welcome bonus. Terms and conditions apply. WynnBET Arizona sports betting also gives you a ‘Bet $10, Win $200’ offer on odds of -120 or greater. You get the maximum total of $200 in free bets over three weeks.
You can play on the mobile app or desktop site at WynnBET sportsbook and bet on all Arizona sports teams or on sports and events from all over the world.
Wynn Arizona also gives new and loyal customers access to Wynn Rewards programs with three tiers: Red, Platinum, and Black.
|✏️ WynnBET Arizona Promo Code||Click Bonus Link|
|💰 WynnBET AZ Bonus||up to $1,000 riskfree bet|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$20 for sports betting in Arizona|
|🏛️ Land-Based Partner||San Carlos Apache Tribal Gaming Enterprise|
|💰 Wynn TD Bonus||Bet $10, Win $200|
|🏛️ Launch Date||September 9th|
4. BetRivers Sportsbook: $250 Deposit Match Bonus
Rush Street Interactive’s BetRivers mobile app is be available for Arizona sports betting. BetRivers in Arizona has partnered with Arizona Rattlers, the popular professional indoor football franchise.
BetRivers sportsbook bonus for Arizonans is the 100% deposit match up to $250, just like BetRivers casino bonus. The good news is that wagering requirement is the usual 1x playthrough only.
BetRivers AZ gambling site gives tons of promotions to players including Daily Odds Boosts, odds boost specials, rewards for spread bets, NCAA Football Parlay Boost, NFL Parlay Boost, NFL week promotions, iRush Rewards VIP Program, and more.
BetRivers mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices. Players can easily access the whole website on the browser website without the need to download mobile app.
|✏️ BetRivers Arizona Bonus Code||FINDER|
|💰 BetRivers AZ Sportsbook Bonus||100% Up To $250|
|✔️ Wagering Requirements||1x|
|🏛️ BetRivers AZ Partner||Arizona Rattlers|
5. FanDuel Sportsbook AZ: First Bet up to $1K is Risk Free
FanDuel AZ sportsbook offer is the $1,000 risk free bet promo for bettors. Create your FanDuel account using our link to visit the site. FanDuel has built its name in the daily fantasy sports (DFS) and extended that success to online sports betting.
Players can wager with all kinds of bet types on FanDuel AZ. The options include Straight Betting, Spread Betting, Proposition Betting, Live Betting, Half and Quarter Betting, Futures, Parlays, Round Robins or Teasers.
|💰 FanDuel Arizona Promo Code||CLICK-LINK|
|✏️ FanDuel Arizona Sign Up Promo||$1,000 risk free first bet|
|🏛️ FanDuel AZ Partner||Phoenix Suns|
|⭐ Arizona Online Betting Launch||September 9th|
6. Caesars Arizona Online Sportsbook: $1,500 Bet Token Offer
Caesars Sportsbook in Arizona has newest sportsbook bonus of $1,100 first bet insurance. You get free bet award equal to the size of your first losing real money wager. That’s the 1st bet insurance offer from Caesars all the way up to over a 1,100 dollars. Use promo code FINDERCZR to get the Caesars sportsbook sports betting promo.
Popular sports team Arizona Diamondbacks is the official partner of Caesars sportsbook in the state.
Caesars sportsbook basic bet types include the Moneyline and spread bets. Players will also find future bets and prop bets and all usual betting options. Odds boosts, parlay boosts, loyalty rewards, other promotions are common at Caesars sports gambling site which wants you to feel like the Caesar.
|✏️ Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code||FINDERCZR|
|💰 Caesars AZ Bonus||1st bet insured up to $1,100|
|🏀 Risk free Bet Paid As||One-time Free bet token|
|✏️ Wagering Requirement||1x only|
|🏛️ AZ Partner||Arizona Diamondbacks / Chase Field /Ak-Chin|
|⭐ Caesars Sportsbook Launch||Sep 9th|
7. Unibet Arizona Sportsbook: $250 Promo with 1x Playthrough Requirement
Unibet has secured a deal with the Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indian Reservation. it is a 10-year agreement that provides Unibet with market access in Arizona. Unibet Arizona welcome promotion is a $500 risk free bet offer with a 1x only playthrough requirement.
$250 risk free bet promo will require you to be on minimum odds of -300 (-300 or higher). Unibet sports is live and taking bets in Arizona. They also have a $50 bonus if you refer a friend to the sportsbook site.
Unibet Sportsbook Arizona has all types of bets you can think of: Moneyline, parlay bets, teaser bets, straight bet, Over/Under (totals), future betting, Round Robins, or proposition bets.
|💰 Unibet Arizona Sportsbook Bonus||$250 Risk Free Bet Bonus|
|✏️ Unibet AZ Bonus Code||None, Use Link|
|✔️ Wagering Requirement||1x|
|⚔️ Risk Free First Bet Games||Any Unibet Sports Market|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$10|
|🏛️ AZ Partner||Fort Yuma Quechan Indian Tribe|
8. Fubo Sportsbook Arizona: Free FuboTV Subscription for Players
Fubo Gaming aims to integrate live sports streaming and sports betting. It is a subsidiary of fuboTV. In Arizona, they have partnered with Ak Chin Indian community. the Ak-Chin Indian Community got a special license for online sports betting through a mobile app for Arizona on August 27.
Fubo sportsbook bonus definitely includes 30 days of free Fubo TV with a $1K risk free bet offer for online sports betting. Fubo sportsbook is paired with subscription-based fuboTV, and it will deliver the personalized sports betting experience. Fubo Arizona is live; you can just Watch, Wager, and Win! Fubo TV app is available for iOS and Android devices.
|🖊️ Fubo AZ Sportsbook Promo Code||FUBOBONUS|
|💰 Welcome Bonus||$1,000 Risk Free Bet|
|📺 Extra Bonus||30 days of free Fubo TV|
9. SaharaBets Sportsbook: Newest Sportsbook in Arizona
SaharaBets or Sahara sportsbook is among the latest gambling site in AZ sports gambling industry. Its partners in AZ is Arizona Coyotes (NHL). SaharaBets aims to bring the Sahara Las Vegas (Nevada) experience to Arizonans. It launched online gambling operations on 12 January 2022 with an NHL promo.
Sahara sportsbook in Arizona is currently giving new players a free bet offer up to $200. Minimum deposit required for first wager is $20. You can claim a maximum of $200 free bet by wagering $200 in your first bet. SaharaBets also gives all users a $10 free bet offer on their birthdays.
|✏️ SAHARABets Arizona Bonus Code||Click Our Link|
|💰 SaharaBets AZ Bonus||up to $200 free bet|
|✔️ Sports Odds||-200 or less|
|🎖️ Minimum Deposit||$20|
|🏛️ Sports Betting Partnership||Arizona Coyotes (NHL)|
10. Golden Nugget AZ Sportsbook: Upcoming Arizona Gambling Site
Golden Nugget Online Gaming has secured an online tribal sports betting license from the Arizona Department of Gaming. Golden Nugget Arizona partner is the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation (GRCR), a company of the Hualapai Arizona Tribe.
Their sportsbook offer for Arizona betting could likely be the $250 risk free first bet (minimum odds -200). The Golden Nugget is licensed by the Arizona Department of Gaming for sports betting in the state. They are yet to launch in the state.
|Golden Nugget Arizona Bonus Code||N/A-CLICK-LINK (TBD)|
|Golden Nugget AZ Sportsbook Bonus||up to a $250 Free Bet|
|Bonus Wagering Requirement||1x|
|AZ Casino Partner||Grand Canyon Resort Corporation|
11. Bally Bet Sportsbook: Bet on Android Devices
Bally Bet in Arizona is currently only available for Android app. Bally Bet is currently in IA, IN, VA, and CO with 100% up to $250 first bet match offer. Bally’s Corp. and WNBA’s Phoenix Mercury have secured a partnership for the Arizona sportsbook launch.
Bally’s is to be Phoenix Mercury’s sports betting partner for the next fifteen years exclusively. Bally’s promises to bring back the fun to sports betting. Let’s see what it has to offer to Arizonans. All Arizona sports betting sites listed on our page are approved by the Arizona Department of Gaming.
|🎫 Bally Bet AZ Promo Code||None needed|
|🏈 Mobile App||Android only|
|🏀 Bally Bet Bonus||$250 bet match|
|*️⃣ Max Odds||+300|
|💵 Minimum Deposit||$10|
|⚽ Sports Offered||NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB, Tennis, more|
12. SuperBook Sportsbook: Huge $750 Deposit Match for Bettors
SuperBook is available as an AZ betting platform along with CO and NJ. Its land based partner in the copper state is the Fort Mohave Indian Tribe.
SuperBook gives new players a whopping 100% up to $750 deposit promo in the state. Players need to make a deposit of a minimum of $10. You get bonus voucher which is equal to 50% of your bet. Also, you can only wager on odds -200 or less, for all sports wagers and bet types for SuperBook welcome bonus.
You can use SuperBook sportsbook to place all kinds of bets including Moneyline, Parlays, Over/Unders, Futures, Prop Bets or In-Play Bets or live bets. You will need a Play+ or PaySafe account to deposit and withdraw on the sportsbook.
|🏟️ SuperBook Bonus AZ||100% Deposit Match up to $750|
|💰 Paid As||Bonus Vouchers worth 50% of your bet|
|💵 Minimum Deposit||$10|
|🔄 Wagering Requirement||N/A|
|🏛️ Arizona Partner||Fort Mohave Indian Tribe|
13. Betway Sportsbook: First Bet is Risk Free up to $250
Betway sportsbook is an internet betting platform in some states including in NJ, CO and IN. They may launch in at least ten states in the US. Betway AZ sports bonus could be the $250 risk free bet (prospective), keeping in line with its offers in other states.
You do not need a promo or bonus code for Betway betting in Arizona. The wagering requirement will be only 1x. You can bet on MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, UFC and many other sports on the Betway Arizona mobile app or website once AZ sports betting online is live. Betway Arizona partner is the San Juan Southern Palute Tribe.
|⚾ Betway Bonus||$250 Risk-Free First Bet|
|🏒 Betway Promo Code||Use Link|
|🏀 Mininum Deposit||$10|
|🏈 Welcome Bonus Wagering Requirement||1x|
|🎾 States Available||CO, IN, IA, NJ, PA|
|⚽ Sports Offered||MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, & More|
⭐ Arizona Sports Betting Apps
Arizona sports betting apps give you the option to play and bet on sports with a mobile app. AZ sports bettings apps are aplenty. Almost every AZ sportsbook operator has a mobile app for phone devices.. You have the option to make your bet slip online on the desktop website or at the sportsbook mobile app for Android and iOS devices. Here is a quick list of top Arizona sports betting sites.
|Rank||Top AZ Sports Betting Apps||iOS / Android|
|1.||BetMGM Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|2.||DraftKings Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|3.||WynnBet Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|4.||BetRivers Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|5.||FanDuel Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|6.||Unibet Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|7.||Caesars Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|9.||SaharaBets Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|10.||Fubo Arizona||Yes / Yes|
|10.||BallyBet Arizona||No / Yes|
|10.||SaharaBets Arizona||Yes/ Yes|
⭐How to Bet on Arizona Sportsbooks
Placing bets on Arizona sports and AZ sportsbook apps is an easy process. We explain the sign up process, how to deposit, how to withdraw, how to access responsible gaming options, customer care and more.
- Create an online account with the sportsbook and complete the sign-up process. You can download the sportsbook app for Apple or Android devices or use the website if the site is online.
- Use our bonus link to visit the sports gambling sites. Don’t forget to type bonus code like BONUSMGM for BetMGM or FINDERCZR for Caesars sportsbook.
- You will be asked the usual registration details like name, address, phone number, last 4 digits of your SSN, answers to security questions, and so on as required by federal laws to create new account.
- Make your first, initial deposit with the sportsbook. If you have to place bets and get the welcome bonus offer in Arizona, you will need to make a deposit. Almost all sportsbook bonuses require you to make a deposit.
- There may be a minimum deposit requirement too. Check the deposit and withdrawal methods for cashier options at various Arizona sportsbooks.
Withdrawal & Deposits
AZ betting sites online will provide you with multiple deposit and withdrawal methods in banking options. You can check all possible methods in your account in the app or site.
- The most common methods are credit and debit cards, PayPal, online banking, ACH, Prepaid cards and cash at casino cage (aka retail sportsbook).
- Options vary depending on the betting operator.
- Not all methods are available for both depositing and withdrawing. Usually, you will need to deposit through a particular method before withdrawing through the same method.
- Arizona Department of Gaming runs a state specific problem gambling website and help at problemgambling.az.gov. It provides a number of support services, education and treatment programs for problem gambling affected bettors and gamblers.
- Arizona’s 24/7 helpline for problem gamblers is available at 1-800-NEXT-STEP. All responsible gambling controls are available in player account at sports betting website or app once you login to bet and play.
All gambling sites in the state are approved by Arizona Department of Gaming regulations. They provide customer support team email, message option, live chat and phone number. Actual customer support options and response time may vary from site to site. You can contact the support team if you face any issue while placing bets or with account verification.
All AZ betting sites also have a rich FAQ page, gambling guide, and house rules for customers.
⭐Sports Wagering Market
Arizona is home to four professional sports teams as well as one of the most successful college basketball programs in the country. Types of sports betting includes single-game bets, teaser bets, parlays, over-under bets, money line bets, pools, exchange wagering, in-game wagering, in-play bets, prop bets, straight bets, and more.
Arizona online sports betting on in-state college sports is allowed. College player props are not allowed. Sports betting or wagering will be prohibited on injuries, penalties, collegiate proposition bets, and high school events.
Bet on NFL
The Arizona Cardinals moved to the state in 1998. Since then, they’ve made the Super Bowl only once. However, NFL sports betting is still the biggest thing in the US sports bet calendar. And we can expect that Arizonians will be betting on the Cardinals.
Bet on NBA
The 2020 – 2021 NBA runner’s up Phoenix Suns are the longest-standing major professional team in Arizona. Lead by Chris Paul, the Suns were up 2-0 in the 2021 NBA finals before succumbing to Milwaukee Bucks. After sports betting is legalized, the Suns are among the NBA betting favorites in the state.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are the only professional team in the state to win a title, taking the World Series crown in 2001. Their most recent success was winning the Western Division back in 2011, so Arizonians are hungry for the Diamondbacks to do well. This paves the way for an interesting MLB betting season.
It’s almost funny that there is a hockey team in the Arizona heat. Formerly known as the Phoenix Coyotes, the Arizona Coyotes are the oldest hockey franchise in the country that has never played in the Stanley Cup finals. This doesn’t stop the residents from participating in some NHL betting though, but it is not nearly as popular as other sports.
Bet on NCAA
The Arizona Wildcats men’s basketball team has made the March Madness final four six times. With in-state college betting allowed in the Great Canyon state, NCAA and March Madness betting will likely be among the biggest sports betting events in the state.
⭐Sports to Bet on in Arizona
Arizona has a rich sports culture. AZ Sports map includes professional sports teams, collegiate sports, and individual sports like golf and online sportsbooks will cater to sports fans. The four major league sports teams in Arizona are based in the capital Phoenix. Online betting activity in the state can be on the following teams and events although one can bet on sports from all over the world with AZ betting apps.
Pro Sports Teams from Arizona
AZ professional sports teams, semi pro teams and leagues include the following:
- Arizona Cardinals, for American football, National Football League
- Arizona Coyotes, Ice hockey, for National Hockey League (NHL)
- Arizona Diamondbacks, Baseball, (Major League Baseball, MLB)
- Arizona Rattlers, Indoor football, Indoor Football League
- Arizona Sidewinders, Ultimate Frisbee, Western Ultimate League
- FC Arizona, Soccer, National Premier Soccer League
- FC Tuscon, for USL League One, Soccer
- Phoenix Mercury, Basketball Women’s National Basketball Association, WNBA
- Phoenix Rising FC, Soccer, USL Championship
- Phoenix Suns, Basketball, National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Tucson Roadrunners, Ice hockey, American Hockey League
- Tucson Saguaros, Baseball, Pecos League
The Phoenix Suns is the only team not from California in NBA Pacific division. Phoenix Suns was founded in 1968. They play their home games in Talking Stick Resort Arena. They have appeared in two NBA Finals which they lost. There are many popular AZ pro teams that Arizonans can bet on at various sports betting sites.
AZ sports betting sites can accept bets on college sports (no prop bets allowed). The betting law is liberal with not many exceptions.
- The copper state has three state universities in NCAA Division I. There are several community colleges and one private university in NCAA Division I. A popular sports rivalry exists between Arizona State University (ASU) and the University of Arizona (UA).
- Both UA and ASU are part of Pac-12 Conference. It is one of the power five conferences in Division I US college football (NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision).
- Arizona is host to many college football bowl games including the Fiesta Bowl and Cactus Bowl.
AZ golf courses are famous. They host many stops of the popular PGA Tour such as the Phoenix Open (TCP of Scottsdale). Auto racing is also popular in the state. Phoenix International Raceway (Avondale) hosts NASCAR race weekends twice a year. Off road racing, motorsports dot the rich sports landscape in the Grand Canyon State.
⭐Arizona Bet Types
Wondering what types of sports betting wagers you can place in the state of Arizona? Rules provide for wagers, including but not limited to, single game bets, teaser bets, parlays, over-under bets, money line bets, pools, exchange wagering, in-game wagering, in-play bets, prop bets, and straight bets.
Sportsbook apps will let you bet on live games. Also called live betting or in-play betting, bets could be placed on updated sports events depending on how it is unfolding.
- You can make your bet slip as the real sports event action unfolds before your eyes. Bet in-game on mobile apps while following the game live on the screen.
- Are you good with knowing which side the wind is blowing in Arizona sporting event(s) ? Well, then live bets in sports betting is for you.
- FuboTV sportsbook in Arizona will particularly cater to this kind of betting online.
Daily Fantasy Sports in Arizona
The law is very clear on the legality of DFS in the state. The 2021 bill legalized DFS in the state of Arizona and DFS games will be available for 21+ Arizonans. DFS was illegal in the state and considered a game of chance. Now that is no more the case.
- Arizona Daily Fantasy Sports went live on August 28, 2021. It precedes online sportsbook gambling launch by two weeks.
- FanDuel and DraftKings AZ have launched with pre launch offers. Four other operators are also licensed to launch: Fantasy Football Players Championship, Fantasy Sports Shark, Underdog Sports, and Yahoo.
- Arizonans can expect daily events, season-long gaming and in-game contests on DFS apps. Some DFS formats, including DraftKings and FanDuel feature free-to-play pools where players choose multiple outcomes in one or more than one event. If you select all the outcomes correctly, you are in for a huge financial surprise. Arizona online gamblers can look forward to such DFS fun.
- The DFS platform operator is required by law to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of all player communications, security and confidentiality of player data, including personal and financial information.
Prohibited Wagers in Arizona
As per AZ event wagering and fantasy sports rules, you can NOT bet on injuries, penalties, collegiate proposition bets, and high school events.
Horse betting in Arizona
Yes, you can bet on horses in the state. There are also county fairs in the state where you can witness live horse racing.
⭐ Arizona Betting Legalization Timeline
Is sports betting legal in Arizona? Well, certainly yes. But it was not always so. Here is how Arizona legal sports betting legislation has evolved making the legalization of online betting possible. It was a process that took some time before the first mobile bets were placed.
- September 9th, 2021 – Legal sportsbooks in Arizona went live. Many betting sites launched with pre-launch bonus offers. Legal sports betting era has started.
- July 26, 2021 – Arizona sports wagering rules become official, and the two week application period starts.
- July 16, 2021 — The ADG holds a session to discuss license allocation in a case where more than 10 tribes and 10 sports teams qualify for a license.
- July 2, 2021 — Arizona regulators come out with information for the proposed tax rate and license fee. Retail betting would be taxed at 8% and mobile wagers at 10%, with licenses costing $850,000.
- June 17, 2021 — A draft of the Arizona sports betting rules is released for public comment.
- June 2, 2021 — The Arizona Department of Gaming announces that sports betting will launch in the Grand Canyon State on Sept. 9, 2021.
- May 24, 2021 — The US Department of the Interior approves the state’s new tribal compact.
- April 15, 2021 — Gov. Doug Ducey signs the sports betting bill which also legalizes daily fantasy sports and keno in the state. A new tribal compact requiring federal approval is also signed.
- April 12, 2021 — The Senate approves Arizona sports betting bill HB2772 (legislation to legalize sports betting), and sends it to the governor’s desk for his signature.
- March 4, 2021 — The Arizona House of Representatives approves HB 2772. Legal sports betting is clearly on the horizon and the state is on way to legalize sports betting.
⭐ Conclusion: Arizona Sports Betting
AZ betting online is only some months old as of now. The market is only set to grow more with the launch of more sportsbook sites like Bally Bet, Golden Nugget, BlueBet, MaximBet (Mountain Apache tribe), Betfred, Sol Sports (with Pascua Yaqui Tribe), PointsBet, and Desert Diamond. Welcome offers are also growing bigger and that list includes the latest Betfred $250 free bet possible with a minimum first wager of $50.
AZ mobile betting offers rich and lucrative bonuses to customers from top-of-the-line industry operators like BetMGM, FanDuel, Caesars, DraftKings, BetRivers and others. The state is fast emerging as one of the biggest sports market in the country since Governor Doug Doucey approved the bill in April, 2021.
The state will see more team partnerships and tribal partnerships to launch more sportsbooks in the state. All the biggest gambling operators are already available or in the process of launching operations in the state.
With close proximity to Nevada, Arizonians aren’t strangers to sports betting. But now AZ players can place bets on the Suns and the Wildcats from the comfort of their own home.
Arizona Sports Betting FAQs
- 1️⃣ When did AZ sports betting launch?
The ADG had set the launch date as September 9th and that is when it has happened. All sites launched September 9th onwards.
- 2️⃣ Can I bet on the Wildcats in Arizona?
Yes, the new AZ sports wagering law allows for betting on in-state college teams and events. However, player props on college athletes are not allowed.
- 3️⃣ What operators will have sportsbooks in Arizona?
There are up to 20 licenses that can be granted by the ADG. 15 operators so far are knowns to be launching a sports betting app in the state and more Arizona sports betting apps like Desert Diamond will launch:
- Bally Bet
- Caesars Sports
- Barstool Sportsbook
- Golden Nugget
- 4️⃣ Is mobile betting legal in Arizona?
Yes, all AZ sports wagering sites offer mobile sports betting apps to their customers, so you can wager on the go as well. Downloading the apps is optional as the sites work fine on the desktop or browser site.
- 5️⃣ Do I have to be an Arizona resident to bet?
No, you can bet on sports on Arizona sports betting apps even if you are visiting the state. Just ensure that you are at least 21 years of age, a US resident with valid social security number, and registered at a legalized Arizona sportsbook that has a valid sports betting license.